Tips/Tricks & Using Non-Scrappy items in our scrapping

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole posted that great thread for Scrapbook Saves, where our scrapbooking projects, equipment, etc. "saved the day". My fave is that faux camisole lace Nicole made.

So now, let's share how we've used non-scrappy items to make our layouts, pages, etc.

Here's some of my fave tips/tricks/non-scrappy items -

Dental Floss - this is amazing to wiggle beneath pics or embellies that you want to move after you've put adhesive on them. It has saved many pages for me from being ruined, or tearing the paper.

Large plates - I only have the baby cricut so I'm limited to under 6 inches, and my circle cutter (Fiskars) only cuts up to 8 inches. Some layouts need a larger circle, so I use a large plate & a pencil to draw my circle then cut it out of the paper or to place my brads, flowers, or other items on top the drawn line to make my circle.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
October 10th, 2012, 04:31 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've used bubble wrap as a stamp with paint and with ink.

I've also done the dental floss and the plate tricks.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 10th, 2012, 05:05 PM
MusicMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never knew about the dental floss tip..... I will have to think if I have anything to share but I'm am so excited to learn about the dental floss thing.... I almost want to make a mistake on a page so I can try it

October 10th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I used to do the plate thing too. Nothing comes to mind at the moment but I'll think on it.

October 12th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've used the plate trick and the dental floss trick

Another trick if you are using any sort of different colored core paper that you can sand is to put any sort of template under the paper and sand over it. Jaylen got a sheet of magnetic alpha letters for the fridge that the letters popped out of so it left the letter spaces like a template....I put that under the paper I used on her ABCMouse page and sanded over the paper (it wasn't the best color difference to see it on the page in pictures, you can see it fairly clear in the lower right).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search