Cricut Craft Room

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 04:42 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessica pointed this out to me the other day, the Cricut Craft Room (CCR) gives free cuts from various carts from time to time. Here's a link to their site: Cut it free for a week This week, you can cut Mitt Romney & Barack Obama, and these adorable 3D Bows. Images are below. I've bookmarked this site, and plan to keep more up to date on what is for free. It's a great way to try out some of these various carts that I wouldn't typically buy.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
October 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I noticed that the other day when I updated my gypsy. It links those carts to your gypsy when you update it so that you can use them on there too. I need to be watching which carts are free so I can take advantage of it! I hadn't looked to see if they were listing which ones they were offering free cuttings of. Thanks so much for sharing this Becky! Off to bookmark the page now so that I can keep up with the free cuts.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; October 11th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
October 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
I noticed that the other day when I updated my gypsy. It links those carts to your gypsy when you update it so that you can use them on there too. I need to be watching which carts are free so I can take advantage of it! I hadn't looked to see if they were listing which ones they were offering free cuttings of. Thanks so much for sharing this Becky! Off to bookmark the page now so that I can keep up with the free cuts.
I "thought" I saw this in an email they send out periodically....just haven't had a chance to check them out.

October 12th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
i'm waiting for something i absolutely have to have. My Gypsy almost dies on me when i updated it a month ago, but i got 3 birds (the party one) on it and I'm not updating again until i cut all that i want from that cart since it will uninstall when i update again

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

October 12th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynnb View Post
i'm waiting for something i absolutely have to have. My Gypsy almost dies on me when i updated it a month ago, but i got 3 birds (the party one) on it and I'm not updating again until i cut all that i want from that cart since it will uninstall when i update again
Why will the 3 birds un-install for you? I misplaced my computer cord and just re-found it today. It took over 3 hours for the downloads to finish.

October 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
because i don't own the cartridge, it was the weekly free trial when i updated

October 12th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Did you have it plugged into an outlet while you were updating or why did it almost die? I hope nothing is wrong with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
Why will the 3 birds un-install for you? I misplaced my computer cord and just re-found it today. It took over 3 hours for the downloads to finish.
Glad you found your cord Becky! I hate how long it takes to update the gypsy. I've started selecting to only do the non-imagine uploads and then when I have time I will go back and upload the imagine ones. I don't ever plan on getting an imagine and for that reason probably won't ever get any of the imagine carts. So I figure I really don't need to update that part. That is what takes so long to update I think.

October 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
because i don't own the cartridge, it was the weekly free trial when i updated
I didn't realize it downloaded the weekly free trial ones. That's nice to know.
I guess when I download ones I really like I need to make all my cuts as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
Glad you found your cord Becky! I hate how long it takes to update the gypsy. I've started selecting to only do the non-imagine uploads and then when I have time I will go back and upload the imagine ones. I don't ever plan on getting an imagine and for that reason probably won't ever get any of the imagine carts. So I figure I really don't need to update that part. That is what takes so long to update I think.
I never thought about non-selecting everything to download, I will definitely remember that next time I update. I don't see myself getting an imagine either.

October 13th, 2012, 09:37 AM
oh Kelsey i had so many issues. It froze half way through and then it would turn itself off after 30 seconds, none of the fixes were working, Richard did a bunch of stuff to it and got it to stay on finally, hard reset which we had to to about 8 times. I lost all my files. Then it looked like it would load and did until it got to the choose mat size and then when i selected it would go back to the menu. I had to call the company and they gave me the sequence to the yes/no questions you are asked when updating or if you have problems. I had to update everything though even the imagine files which i don't really need. It's working now though and I hope this never happens again

October 14th, 2012, 04:29 AM
That is a pain, Tamara. I hope it doesn't happen again either.

October 15th, 2012, 09:45 AM
That sounds like a huge pain Tamara! I hope it never happens to you again! I think that happened to my mom once too. Big pain!! Do you back up your cut files onto your computer? I try to every time I update my gypsy. That way if something like that ever happens to me or if my gypsy has to be sent in for replacement I will have all those files available to re-load back onto my gypsy.

October 15th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I tried but I couldn't get to that option, I didn't have to many on there but I had some time consuming ones

October 15th, 2012, 02:46 PM
That bites!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search