November Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2012, 07:37 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies!! Is anyone else in disbelief as I am that it's already November??? What has happened to this year? It has simply flown by for me.

I look forward to seeing what we all make this month.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 1st, 2012, 09:47 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
November snuck up on me! I mean, I knew it was coming but Halloween kind of consumed me.

November 2nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
November did kind of sneak up even though I knew it was coming. I'm scared to see how fast November is going to go! Need to get started on my Christmas lists and shopping.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

November 2nd, 2012, 12:50 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I guess I am the only one who thinks things are dragging along. I am in the horrible spot WTTC.

So yesterday i went shopping about tons of canned foods just in case we every have a disaster I am good to go as long as I don't have to leave my house that is. But i doubt we'll have that kind of issue.

Craft wise my desk is cleaned and I have to put Beau down for his nap inorder to cut out my pattern maybe I'll even lay it out today? No i think i'll just cut it. I shoupd take pictures so I can scrapbook my first home sewn gift!

The kids are cranky and fight off something since Scarlett was sick last week i am not surprised. My DH is at work sick this should be good. I have a Salsbery staek in the crock pot, it is a Pinterst recipe.
November 3rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
October just flew by. I can't believe my sweet Tristan will be 5 in two weeks. I'm feeling more scrappy lately so i'm hoping to get some pages done for myself. I used the free 101 prints from shutterfly so i have pictures on the way. I also ordered a photobook since they were 50% off.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

November 3rd, 2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynnb View Post
October just flew by. I can't believe my sweet Tristan will be 5 in two weeks. I'm feeling more scrappy lately so i'm hoping to get some pages done for myself. I used the free 101 prints from shutterfly so i have pictures on the way. I also ordered a photobook since they were 50% off.
I just used that one too! I have Kendra's 5-6 year photos and her 6th birthday photos on the way. I didn't have time to upload all our pics from our South Dakota vacation this summer, so will have to wait until the next sale/deal from Shutterfly for those. I also used the free shipping code on the order. I thought 265 4x6's and 10 5x7's for $36.40 was a pretty good deal!
Happy Song likes this.

November 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
that is a pretty good deal, They wouldn't let be use the free shipping code. Maybe because of the album. I'm not sure.

November 3rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
How do you get free 101 prints from shutterfly?

November 4th, 2012, 10:08 AM
It was a Halloween special Brittanie, but while the rest of the deals are good until today the print offer was apparently only good until the 2nd

November 4th, 2012, 10:14 AM
It was a promo they had for existing customers that only lasted 3 days. I didn't even check my email to know that it was going on until half way though the 2nd day. I should have come over and posted about it once I read it. I'll try to do better about posting their deals. Right now they have, Free shipping on orders of $30 or more using code SHIP30 (ends 11/28), a $10 off your order of $20 but you have to pay shipping uses code YAY4HOLIDAY (ends 11/7). They also have a sale on a bunch of other stuff that ends today: http://www.shutterfly.com/special-of...1&TC=TC0018411

I had a kid free day yesterday and didn't get hardly anything accomplished. I was going to go down and finish cleaning my scrappy room, but decided to take a long shower and watch Project Runway instead. Then Nebraska played a football game after dinner so watched most of that (had taken a benadryl for some allergies and ended up falling asleep for part of it). Ended the day with going out to eat Prime Rib with my hubby! I think the only chores I got done was 2 loads of the kids laundry, a load of dishes in the dishwasher, and a few pots and pans hand washed. Need to make up for my lack of cleaning today though.

Last edited by babyloves2dance; November 4th, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
November 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM
My kids are all sick and cranky. I should get some craft time tonight. i could scrapbook or cut the pattern for the other dress. Maybe both depends on how much time I waste on line. Kelsey got me sucked back into pinterest when I went to see how many recipes I had pinned on my boards.

Dinner is corned beef in the crock pot. I am very proud we corned it ourselves!
November 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Nicole - I hope your kids are feeling better!

How is everyone else doing??

We just got back from voting. Need to work on picking up the office and some bookwork and bills today. Maybe this afternoon I can make it down and finish the page that has been sitting on my desk for about a week. I also have 2 cards that I need to get done this week. Really not too much going on here.

November 6th, 2012, 01:15 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I'm just going to jump in. We've had internet issues at home again, so I have not had a chance to get online the last few days. DH thinks it's something due to the router for MIL's ipad causing a conflict with our router, and he says it'll be fixed tonight. I hope so, I'm working from home the next 2 days around taking MIL to doctor's appointments, so I really need the internet to log in via the VPN to my work computer. We all stood in line this morning to vote, 1.5 hours. Mark was so good that entire time, and kept the line entertained. After we finished, we went into work/daycare and MIL went to her dentist appointment. I'm so sick of all the political ads and phone calls, so I'm looking forward to that all being over after tonight. Beyond that, I'm having scrappy withdrawals, but hope to find some time soon to play. I really need to clean up my space first, as it's a disaster and then I hope to play.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I am sitting here watching the election results.

Work wasn't too busy tonight. I spent the evening getting all the gift card packaging ready for the holiday season.

We are heading to Michigan this weekend (just the hubby and I). A weekend getaway and hopefully we will get a fair bit of christmas shopping done.
November 6th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I finished my second dress and am boo hooing over the election. I just hope the end is CLEAN!

Scrappy wise I ma seeing a lot of things I want to do and I think switching it up to sewing has been good.

Kelsey some of kiddos are feeling better but now it is me who is sick which sucks.

In other bad news Wayne was fired Monday for asking for Sundays adn his school times off from work. I guessed they missed the point where he was working a part time job, minimum wagw with no benefits? At least I am getting help with the kids.
November 7th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Becky - I can't imagine waiting in line for 1 1/2 hours! Guess we are a little spoiled out here. It takes us longer to drive to our polling place than it actually does to check in and vote combined (We have a pretty short ballot where we live in such a rural area though). Glad Mark was good for you though! I hope you are able to get the internet problems fixed soon!

Jen - Enjoy your kid free trip!! I hope you are able to get lots of Christmas shopping done!

Nicole - Hooray for finishing your second dress! Glad the kids are feeling better and hope you get feeling better soon! So sorry about Wayne losing his job.

AFM - Not much to say here.......

November 7th, 2012, 09:38 AM
1 1/2 hours to wait to vote? That's why I signed up for permanent mail-in ballot.

I need to pull out my sewing machine and sew together my Thanksgiving pillow shams...lol

November 7th, 2012, 02:36 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Becky - 1.5 hours that is crazy. We never have a wait here when we have to vote.

Nicole - I am so sorry to hear Wayne lost his job. i hope he is able to find one soon.

I need to find some motivation to clean my house tonight. I want to come home from my weekend away to a clean house. LOL
November 8th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I hate all the sickies that go around this time of year! I had plans for the kids and I to go back and see my family this weekend, but all 4 of us have come down with some kind of sinus crud. Seems to be hitting Josh pretty hard....he sounds terrible this morning.

November 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been SUPER MIA! I know I'm not going to be able to get caught up today....and probably not until after the weekend. Been super busy, so busy I wasn't able to post the couple of things I did in October yet. Oh well, I was really behind in points so it didn't make a difference anyway. Maybe I can do better on the next chat/crop. I got a text from Becky this morning about this month's crop...she was thinking it started today...so my first reaction since I'm guest host this month was I have all of my challenges ready to go but haven't seen when it starts. I highly doubt I'll be able to post them tonight but maybe first thing in the morning if it starts today. Sorry girls.

We got a skiff of snow early this morning and expecting more tonight & tomorrow. How's the weather everybody else's way? Potty training has been going well since about Friday last week so that's good that we are at least making some progress we are so ready for Jaylen to be out of diapers. Scrappy-wise I'm hoping to get some pages done soon....I'm also trying to get my room organized better so I can scrap more efficiently Have to get some work done now so will "hopefully" update more tomorrow morning. Hoping that anybody who is sick gets better soon and those that are well stay that way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search