December Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is everyone doing? Staying busy prepping for the holiday I'm guessing. Can you believe that 2013 is less than a month away already?? I can't believe how fast this year has flown by!

I have to tell you all this because I think it is pretty funny! So my DH went online and bought me a Christmas present (on amazon.com). When he went to check out, he either didn't feel like setting up an account or it wasn't letting him set up one (probably because he may have set one up at one time and can't remember the email/password to access it). So he got the bright idea to use my account. Yeah...he forgot that they send email's to keep you up to date on your purchase! LOL! Luckily I saw it on my phone first (it doesn't give you the whole topic name) and I have been good and not peeked. When he gets home I'll have to have him get into my email and check the 2 emails I have got concerning my gift and then have him delete them so that I am not tempted or accidentally open them.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

December 2nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh that's funny! Silly husband. I don't think that Matt has any idea what to get me.

December 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Usually Jason doesn't have a clue what to get me, so it really has me wondering! LOL!

December 3rd, 2012, 05:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's too funny Kelsey! What I would like to know is WHAT HAPPENED TO NOVEMBER??? It was there and then it was gone.....POOF!!

December's tough for us....first we have to get over Thanksgiving and then we always seem to be rushing around getting ready for Jaylen's birthday (23rd) and Christmas all at once. But for the first time in 3 years now, I think I'm actually just about ready for both Now if it would just snow (after DH is done with all of his outside projects) it'll feel more like December.

December 3rd, 2012, 07:28 AM
It's definitely too warm to be December. It's been in the upper 60's here for a while now. Hoping that doesn't mean we are in for some nasty weather later this winter. But we definitely need the moisture.

December 3rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
MusicMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's a great story Kelsey....... We are starting to get into the holiday season here.... We got our tree yesterday and I'm going on a baking spree this week because of a bake sale at our Library this weekend I'm in charge of.... DH and I have a date to go shopping for Ryan on Thursday too.

December 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Hi ladies! I can't believe it's December already either. This year has simply flown by. Work is busy, home is busy too, but I hope this month to find some "me" time. I miss scrapping . . . In between the typical busy life, we are also kinda looking at moving. We drove around this weekend looking at some communities. Exhausting, a little fun, but overwhelming when I think of starting to pack things up, sell current house, and an actual move.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Kristy - Good luck with the bake sale!

Becky - That does sound exhausting Becky!

AFM - DH is gone tonight. He had to drive down to Wichita, KS to pick up a livestock trailer. His birthday is the 13th, so decided to get the weight machine moved over here and cleaned up. Our hired hand helped me so it wasn't too bad. So far kids are being good....but I still have to get them ready and into bed. Not too much else going on here.

December 3rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
OK after my hiatus month last month I am kind of stuck between the two hobbies. I actually likes sewing more than i thought i would. I made the two dresses and sold them. So I have a bit of money. i got my new jacket pattern today. I looked at it because i wanted to know how much fabric I needed to buy. i am going to wrap it though.

Wayne and i gave up on Christmas surprises. We get our Christmas money to spend how ever we want, this year I got twice the budget. I bought a Kindel fire which i am hoping to get before the 6th because I have a class at the library on how to borrow their books.

I bought a ton of new paper and I have new pictures and I have some great new photos in my camera to be down loaded. But i am just not feeling the scrapping MOJO. I was hoping that the page maps would help inspire me but it hasn't. I have a little money I have been shopping the sale and I just ain't feeling that either. It might be because I just bought so much loot.

I think I am having issues balancing my time with my DH around all the time. he is an attention wh*re. I never get any computer time. Then when I do get time I am on the computer. Pout. lol i could be scrapping now but i have set anything i and I don't have anything planned....

OK I am off to plan som pages. TATA for now.

December 4th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It just might be the "end of the year, burned out, get ready for the holidays blues" that has stolen your mojo Nicole.

Had a problem day at work yesterday so didn't get as much done as I wanted to so when I'm done here I'll be working already today (it's only a little after 5am here). But hopefully that'll give me some organization time today....at least enough so I can get working on my embellies for the swap (I STILL haven't really got an idea of what I'm going to do). After mom passed away I thought I was going to have more time on my hands, but it hasn't seemed that I have. And stupid me got suckered into being the treasurer for our farmer's market....which over the last month has taken a lot of time as well trying to get familarized with all of the paperwork & the books. Ooookaay, maaaybeee not the last month since I've procrastinated in doing that until the last week, but when I did get to it it took some time Rainy and warm here today....way too warm for December.

December 5th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Ok i I haven't scrapped or sewn, but yesterday I did go back and sketch the sat /sketches and Fasrt scrap Fridays i missed and all the page maps for December. i have them all set up with paper and pictures all ready to scrap.

In setting up for the crop i went backwards through my photobucket account, it was like watching my life rewind. i think it would be easier to find the pages and retake pictures of them than find them on photobucket.

Tessa has given up sleep for teh holiday season. She isn;t napping well at all and she keepms getting up at midnight and wanting to stay up to or past 2am! The one thing I cannot do is wake up right after falling asleep. It makes me crazy. I am lucky because being up all night, Wayne will be up in the morning with the kids. Since she keeps waking up with puke, i am starting to think she makes herself puke inorder to get up again, she seems fine otherwise. More realitically she has post nasal drip or
something that gags her while she is sleeping or something. She was also poopy, i have been trying to move her over to milk so it might be affecting her too. Not that she has drank any she spits it out. So she is still on formula, she'll drink Beau's alomnd milk though.

As if my typing and spelling where not bad enough, she is helping me type tonight.

My Kindle came today as did my son's. I had to reset my router for guests or something or other but i finally got them recognized. I haven't played with mine my Dh set it up. I'll get to play with it a little bit Wednesday before my class and of course to learn how to use it to borrow library books. Then i am wrapping it. It sometimes seems silly to wrap my gifts and wait for them especially the year I got all the stuff to cook in my kitchen with no stove. That one sucked.

December 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Nicole - Can totally understand your crafting dilemma, I get that way when I find new crafts to make. I agree with Jessica that it is the end of the year and busy with the holidays and that may have stolen your mojo...I think it took mine too. Hooray for getting a new pattern and the kindle! Sorry Tessa is waking you up in the middle of the night. I hope she starts sleeping through for you soon.

Jessica - Sorry work gave you problems. I hope you were able to get time to organize some more. I've yet to do my embellies too. I'm planning on sitting down and getting them done tomorrow though.

AFM - I survived DH being gone for 2 days. Got his weight machine moved over while he was gone. Got it all set up and didn't like how the room was configured so rearranged everything (including moving the weight machine). Looks much better now. Also hung up some decor in there. I kind of feel like working out now. Other than that, not much else going on here.

December 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
i am starting to think scrapbooking is less about mojo and more about planning. I mean i can scrapbook paper i hate and sketches I am not crazy about and still get a page i like and more importantly it is D*O*N*E. I have a bunch of pages planned. i know what page i am doing next with which picture, what paper and what sketch. Everything is all together and i am getting an idea on what I plan on doing as there is a bit of journaling but no anything i really want to say about the pictures.

As for the rest of my life my ereader class was cancelled and i might be able to just go into the library to see how the borrowing works. The class was reschedule for the 18th but I have other plans. Boo.

Our church Christmas party is Saturday and I ma taking mashed potatoes and gravy and I vannot figure how to make home made turkey gravy with no turkey??? I think i am going to buy it in cans. I know pathetic.

All in all i have a boring life!

December 6th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I agree that pages are easier to do when they are planned out.....it is finding the mojo to plan the pages that I can't seem to find.

Sorry your ereader class was canceled Nicole. There is probably some way to make turkey gravy without a turkey, but I don't know how to do it either. I'd be right there with you on buying it in cans.

AFM, The next 5 days got super super fast! I cannot wait for things to slow down a bit!

December 6th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone!

So my E reader class was cancelled, so i took Tyler's new kindel out, his is a basic and fooled around on it and borrowing from the library was super easy. We can have 10 books for 7 days. i am so glad i got a Kindel because it is easy that way. Had I bought a knock off then i'd have to figure it out. I am so impressed with Tyler's Kindel I hope my fire is just as cool! I am looking forward to the touch screen... i hope I like it.

Scarlett got a Leap something or other and I have to take it out and fiddle with it too. i do thinkt here will be any building before Christmas this year. Lucky Santa!

December 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I don't plan my pages out in advance. unless they're very specific pictures that inspire something in advance.

December 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I don't plan my pages out in advance. unless they're very specific pictures that inspire something in advance.

It works for me. When i sit down to scrap i have a plastic sleeve with a group of matching papers, the pictures, and the sketch all ready. i can knock a page out in less that 60 minutes. When i get a few minutes during the day. I'll grab the next packet on the stack and look at it. So i am thinking about the next page i am doing. The page I did tonight I traded the pictuires out from older (Jan) pictures to freshers one that I was more inspired to scrap.

Tonight we went to our Church Christmas party. My DH stayed home with the littles because the party started at 6:30 and they usually go to bed at 7. so i didn't think they would survive the evening out plus it isn't DH's deal either he hates holiday food pot lucks. Santa was very generous this year and we love love the gifts.

My mom bought Scarlett a Leap Pad and i don't like it so i am taking it back. I think that for the money {$99} plus apps are $7.50 to $20, it comes with no power and take 4 AA batteries. It was a pain to load. So for what it is and what it cost I think it would be more expensive to initially buy but cheaper in the long run to buy Scarlett a Kindle of her own. We can at least borrow books from the library, watch net flix and down load free apps. My mom spent $145.34 on the unit, the power cord (as in plugged into a wall FOREVER) and the case. The Kindle bare bones cost $159 except it doesn't take batteries.

I am looking forward to the crop thursday! YAY!

December 10th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'm glad you said something about the leap pad. We were thinking about getting one for Kendra and Josh (to share) for Christmas. I thought the apps were going to be less expensive if not free for that.

December 10th, 2012, 12:31 PM
How is everyone's December going? Sorry I was MIA this weekend. We got together with some of our friends (no kids) for the weekend. It was so much fun! Didn't get near the Christmas shopping done that I was hoping to get done over the weekend, and am now freaking out because I need to get everything ordered ASAP in order for it to get here in time. Otherwise, not much else going on.

December 10th, 2012, 06:39 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Hi ladies. i can't believe it is already Dec 10th. I so don't feel ready for Christmas. I need to get my shopping done and hopefully do some baking too. Things are going to start to get really busy at work for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search