January Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 06:16 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Robin - That sounds like a great trick! I'll have to try watching a movie on the tv in our workout room next time I'm on the elliptical. I'll try to get the calendar up tonight or tomorrow.

Brittanie - Glad the girls are on the mend! Hope you start feeling better soon too!

AFM - I got a lot of cleaning done today! 3 bedrooms, the living room (all except the half wall), the kitchen counters, and the dishes! Going to finish the kitchen, dining and living rooms tomorrow and then hopefully get to work on my scrappy room!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 6th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Brittanie- Glad the girls are feeling better! Hope everyone is 100% soon!! Im ready for Winter to be over too!

Can someone post the January calender so I (and anyone else) knows when the Crop starts and any other monthly activities Thanks!
Crop starts this Thursday. I'm no help other than that!

Just finished my ark, working on making a bunch of animals for my church's nursery bulletin board. I'm excited!

January 7th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hoping everyone starts feeling better soon! We've been pretty lucky so far and no real sickies here. Also hoping everyone can get back to some semblance of "normal".

I've got everything put away from Christmas....tree, decorations, gifts, everything Now I just need to get back in gear with the rest of life DH got me a Samsung Galaxy Tab for Christmas that I've downloaded a couple of books from the Kindle store on and now have to go to the library to have them get me a new # (I can't find my library card) so I can check out Ebooks then I'll be a little more motivated to ride the eliptical....I LOVE Robin's idea of checking out scrappy UTube's tho Also need to start staying up on housework, kinda difficult with DH remodeling the laundry room tho. I've got my scrappy area ALMOST done....just need to label my binders, boxes, drawers & some paper stuff and I'll be ready to rock this year....DH still needs to make a couple of cubbies so I can access my boxes better, but they are usable as they are. I'm also scheduled for a local day crop on the 19th ...a whole 10 hours of scrapping!

January 7th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Brittanie - I can't wait to see the bulletin board! The froggy one from last year was sooo cute!

Jessica - 10 hours of nothing but scrap time!! How exciting!!

January 7th, 2013, 11:25 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Robin - looks like you may have started a scrappy video theme for us to do while exercising. I'm thinking of switching up with that and movies to.

Brittanie - I too am tired of winter & sickies. I still have this cough lingering for several weeks now. So annoying. I also look forward to seeing another cute bulletin board from you.

Jess - yay for getting all your stuff organized and for 10 whole hours of scrapping! I'm so jealous!!

AFM - nothing much to report today. I had a full class start today, 20, so orientation took up most of the morning and now I'm playing catch up with all the other Monday stuff to handle. It's nice weather wise though this week, so I enjoyed a walk outside.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 8th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got back on the eliptical today.....for an entire hour! I was hoping to download the Harry Potter series from the library in order but wasn't able to start with the first one so settled for the 6th one, which is ok, so read that while exercising this morning. I was going to check out some scrappy ideas but bouncing up and down on the eliptical made using the touch screen a little difficutl I also started...well, ordered....NutriSystem today. I had a little crying moment with DH yesterday about how fat I was and that I NEEDED to do something. I lost a bunch of weight the summer after Jaylen was born using Medifast, but after about 3 months I couldn't handle the "astronaut food" (as DH put it) anymore....it was almost all powders....so this time decided to go with more of a real food option. Trying to cut down my portions with home cooked stuff just doesn't work for me....DH cooks too much and too good. Other than that I'm looking forward to our crop and the day crop I'm scheduled for

January 8th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Becky - Sounds like you had a busy Monday. I hope today is a little less hectic for you!

Jessica - 1 hour on the elliptical...Way to go! I hope the NutriSystem gives you some results. Have you tried tracking your food on a program like My Fitness Pal? That has really helped me cut out the snacking as I feel more accountable for what I eat.

AFM - Not too much going on here. Didn't get much of anything accomplished yesterday. I think I over did the cleaning on Sunday as I didn't have any motivation to clean at all yesterday. I'm proud of myself though as I have went 3 days straight now making sure that all the dishes are washed, my sink is clean, and dishwasher is unloaded first thing in the morning. So nice to have a clean sink and counters throughout the day. Now to just get in the habit of sweeping the kitchen and dining room floors either in the morning or evening every day. Going to try and take down the Christmas tree today and deal with the mess in the Den (things we got from Christmas, wrapping stuff, The changing table I disassembled from Josh's room so I could put up wire cube shelves for his toys, etc). NEED to get it done today as I am babysitting the neighbor girl (who is Josh's age) tomorrow. Thought I would let them play in the basement, Toy room and Jump house, while I worked on cleaning my scrappy room.

January 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Hi Ladies! I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years. I seem to only get on here every couple of weeks.

Looks and sounds like everyone has been busy.

AFM - Christmas was awesome! DH bought me a Macbook Pro. He kept teasing me he was going to buy me the laptop and then say Nah you don't need it. Needless to say I was quite shocked when I opened it up. I have cleaned my scrappy room and actually sat down to do a card the other day. It has been a year since I have done any crafting. It felt good.
January 9th, 2013, 10:54 AM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Sydandlogna'smommy- What's your name so I know what to call you?

I have to say, I am chopping at the bit to get started tomorrow!! My kids will be neglected to say the least Of course, I kid.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
January 9th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Great to see you drop by Jen! Hooray for getting time to do a card! I hope it is the start of some great pages and cards to come! Hooray for the MacBook too!

Robin - I can't wait to see what you create during the crop! Not too much longer.

AFM - Just got done babysitting. Didn't get near as much of my scrappy room picked up as I was hoping. I'll work on it some more while Josh naps or take him down to play in the toy room while I clean. Will be just me and the kids tonight. DH headed out this morning to go pick up a piece of farm equipment on the other side of the state. Planning on taking a nice long hot bath after the kids are in bed (Been dreaming about one since Brittanie posted about it the other day. LOL!) Otherwise, not much else going on.

January 9th, 2013, 01:39 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Im sitting here sweaty, stinky and with goose bumps and a nice hot bath sounds AMAZING! lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
January 10th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
Jessica - 1 hour on the elliptical...Way to go! I hope the NutriSystem gives you some results. Have you tried tracking your food on a program like My Fitness Pal? That has really helped me cut out the snacking as I feel more accountable for what I eat.
I'm not any good at keeping track of that Besides....I already know I snack WAAAAY too much! Did another hour yesterday and another hour today on the eliptical. It's so easy to do when your mind is doing something else aka reading an e-book, watching a movie or scrappy UTube videos Had computer issues yesterday so wasn't able to get on here and catch up. And, I seemed to be busy all day yesterday but have no idea what I did Have to work today...YUCK! Today will start the day when I have to get huge amounts of bookwork done (W2's, 1099's and quarterlies) for all of my clients. I hate January....and then there's February, which is almost as bad with corporate taxes (due March 15th) and the personal returns to go with them. Scrappy-wise, I "should" be able to start the crop on Saturday....haven't "really" scrapped for awhile so it'll be great. Weather-wise, we've had some rain and unseasonably warm temps (low 40's) so our snow is melting fast Hoping everyone has a great Thursday!

January 10th, 2013, 08:40 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Sydandlogna'smommy- What's your name so I know what to call you?

I have to say, I am chopping at the bit to get started tomorrow!! My kids will be neglected to say the least Of course, I kid.
My name is Jen....I hope to be around here more often.

So is anyone else doing Weight Watchers that is trying to lose weight. I am on the program. I went to a meeting today.

I have a day off work today. I am going to soon get off the computer and start to clean up the house for a bit and then treat myself to some time in my scrappy room
January 11th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats to Nicole on her BFP

I'm excited about the crop....now just to get going on all those wonderful challenges! My Nutrisystem food showed up yesterday so today I'm officially "dieting". I have to work today but would much rather be home scrappin'.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful Friday!

January 11th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Jessica - Way to go with the elliptical workouts! So sorry it is such a busy time of year for you! I've always felt bad for accountants this time of year. Right now I am trying to get all the info needed for our accountant to do a W-2 and all the 1099's. Hopefully there aren't many 1099's this year where we haven't really done any work on our house. Hooray for the food getting there!

Jen - I'm not doing Weight Watchers, just using My Fitness Pal and trying to watch calories. Wishing you the best of luck though! There are lots of ladies on the Weightloss and Fitness Board that have seemed to have success with WW. I hope you got some scrappy time in!

Nicole......CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFP!!! That was the first thing I saw when I logged on this morning!! I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!

AFM - DH is back home from his trip across the state. It's warmed up a bit here and is finally starting to melt some of the snow! It's making it super muddy (and extremely hard to get out of our driveway) though. Still have to make it down to tidy up my scrappy room (at least a little more) before I start on the challenges. Otherwise, not much else going on here.

January 13th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Okay, well, I might be getting better. I'm on 3 meds now (which make me dizzy and make it hard to think) and I can BREATHE between coughing fits, and the coughing is actually doing something now (gross, but good, right?). So maybe I can get mojo back.

January 14th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brittanie, I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

It warmed up here too for a few days, Kelsey....enough to melt about half of our snow and then dropped about 30 degrees in temps, it's so bitter cold out right now.

I'm so excited! I didn't exercise all weekend but still have lost 2 1/2 pounds in 3 days! Work was tough Friday and overflowed into the weekend so I didn't get to scrap at all. I did manage to get some pictures printed off for 2 pages and the paper pulled for one of them. Hopefully very soon I'll be able to scrap again.

January 14th, 2013, 07:38 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jess - way to go on the elliptical workouts & for getting your food in. Yay for a good scale moment, I had one of those yesterday when I hopped on & was down 3 pounds. I hope you also find some scrappy time soon too.

Jen - I did Weight Watchers after I had Mark and lost some. I just couldn't keep up with getting to those meetings, it was too hard timewise juggling back to work and not keeping Mark out too late. DH lost quite a bit of weight with it to, but unfortunately we gained it back after stopping the program.

Kelsey - yuck on mud, but yay for snow melting. I hope you get to have some scrappy time soon too.

Brittanie - I hope you feel better soon. I still have this dry cough that's been lingering for weeks now. It's so exhausting.

AFM - We had an okay weekend. DH is slowly starting to feel better. Had another set of tests run on Saturday, and Pneumonia is now Bronchitis so I guess that's an improvement. He's on a steroid to help his lung function, but it's making him grumpy. Just what I need, a sick AND grumpy DH. Other then that, it was okay. We looked at some houses/neighborhoods with a realtor on Saturday. That was fun. Sunday, we had a nice lunch with some friends, but then got interrupted by an unexpected guest when we got home so no nap for Mark. Overall though, it was an okay weekend. I hope to have a better week here at work, it's been nuts lately. I have an interview for a promotion on Thursday though, so I'm getting nervous about that.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 15th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Brittanie - I hope you are starting to feel better!

Jessica - Hooray for the weight loss! I hope that trend continues for you! So sorry work flowed into the weekend. I hope you get to scrap soon! That drop in temps has made it here too.

Becky - Hooray for the weight loss for you too! I hope that trend continues for you too! Glad your DH's tests have backed off to just bronchitis. I hope he is feeling better soon! So sorry his meds are making him so grumpy! (((HUGS))) Wishing you the best of luck with the promotion interview!!!

AFM - No more mud! We now have frozen ruts in our driveway! LOL! Been really really cold here (was down to -12.6 degrees the other night...highs in the 20's during the day). I've been up since 5 this morning, but haven't gotten anything done. I woke up to make sure that DH got up for his meeting this morning and then never made it back to sleep. I would have only got to sleep another hour though as I have to wake Kendra up at 6 to get ready for school. And if she didn't have school....Josh would have woke me up anyway. He's got quite the internal alarm clock. Haven't been able to make it down to scrap yet. Hoping to today though (if Josh cooperates).

January 15th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kelsey, frozen ruts are awesome! Your temps sound like ours....we have been getting in the low teens at night (sometimes down to 10 degrees) and maybe the upper 20's during the day. Sounds like our weather is going to hang around for close to another week. It's not really unusual around here as we normally get a fairly long cold spell in January.

Becky, YAY for 3 pounds! Hope DH feels better soon....men can be more of a baby than the kids can.

Brittanie, I hope you are feeling better. I saw you did a page, so I'm guessing you might be

AFM, I didn't exercise this morning because I can hardly move....my neck is killing me! I have no idea what I did, but yesterday it just kept getting worse and now it's horrible. Think I may need to break down and go to the chiropractor I didn't bring any work home with me yesterday so I'm not going to work....instead I'm going to scrap, come h-e-double hockey sticks or high water I'm going to scrap........................I hope.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search