January Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 12:06 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cannot imagine dealing with frozen ruts. I've been up here in the "city life" for going on 20 years now.

Kelsey - I hope Josh is cooperating and you're getting to scrap. I want to scrap sooooooooo bad. I just need another hour to my day, or at least an hour where no one needs me.

Jess - boo on the neck. (((Hugs))) I hope you're feeling better and finding scrappy time.

AFM - I got into work late today after taking MIL to an eye doc appointment so I've been playing catchup all day. Getting through a lot though, and I hope to leave on time and NOT take work home with me tonight. I took some home last night, but didn't do it. I did get on the treadmill though & watched a movie while walking/running. I'm trying the interval stuff where I add in a few minutes of running in between some walking. I can't do alot of it yet as my old bones don't like the jarring, but I've already improved on how much I can do & the length of my running is increasing. Also increasing is the distance I'm covering on the treadmill. It honestly feels good to do that, mentally & physically. It also felt real good this weekend putting on some pants I couldn't fit into last month. I just hope this continues. I've got this super cute blue dress I want to fit into this summer. yes, I have a swimsuit to that I'll need to get into, but I don't want to think about that yet. Too too scary to consider that one yet.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 16th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
for doing so well on the treadmill, Becky! I definitely can feel for ya when it comes to "old bones". I'm just trying to concentrate on fitting (and looking half way decent) in some of my clothes atm....not trying to think of a swim suit either, like you said, way too scary of a thought.

Neck is a little better after a visit to the chiropractor, I'm more of a 6 instead of a 10 on the pain level. It was pretty bad and because it came on and seized up so fast he cautioned me about menengitis not that I think I have that but I'm definitely staying aware of any fevers. Because neck is still sore I didn't use the eliptical this morning.....again And as for scrappin yesterday that didn't happen. Altho the chiropractor said I need "me time" to which DH replied that I would love some of that because it would mean scrappy time and the chiropractor said "no, too much head turned down stuff" apparently he meant sit on the couch type relax or nap relax....I'd much rather have scrappy relax. Have a full day at work today, which won't help my neck any either but it has to be done, and a full day of paperwork tomorrow too. Maybe Friday but then again, I need to get ready for my Saturday crop too.

January 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessica - So sorry your neck is hurting. (((HUGS))) Glad it feels a little better after seeing the chiropractor. Bummer that he said no scrapping! Did he suggest you ice it or anything? DH's back gets out of whack a lot and the chiro tells him to ice it 20 minutes on and an hour off...repeat to help relax and loosen the muscles.

Becky - Sounds like you are doing awesome on the treadmill!!! Way to go!!! I don't think my knees would enjoy the jarring much either. They are terrible! Hooray for fitting into pants that you couldn't last month too!!!

AFM - I didn't get any scrapping in yesterday. TOTAL LACK OF MOTIVATION!!! Waking up at 5 am is not my thing!! LOL! Josh wouldn't let me take a nap either. He was extra whiny by the time I would have started scrapping and has hit that stage where he absolutely refuses to nap. I try to look at the benefit of that though! LOL! By 7-8 he is ready to pass out and is super easy to get to sleep. I'm hoping to use this to my advantage and start getting him to go to bed in his bed on his own. I did get off my tush and get a workout in about 8:30 last night though! I did the warm up and 2 "miles" on one of Leslie Sansone's walk at home videos. Bad part about yesterday is that my lack of motivation led to excess snacking. Went over my calories for the day on MFP. I found a few pins on pinterest that I think I am going to share in the weightless challenge thread.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 16th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
OKay, I spent the last couple days predominantly sleeping. I think I feel better. It was my last day of the antibiotic today and I haven't used the inhaler since the day before yesterday.

I *NEED* to make at least one birthday card though!

January 16th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am alive!

today we had an appointment in the city and after that we were going to hobby lobby and Sam' s club. We also had to hit the health food store for Beau' s special foods. Between old and Norman Scarlett barfed all over herself' the car and her new Kindle. then traffic stopped and we were completely jammed. I was gagging so bad and trying to clean the kindle up.

I took in the bathroom in hobby lobby and cleaned her up. She had a sweater and . overalls on so her shirt was saved but she looked ridiculous in beau' s pants. But we were able to run our errands.

one of which was to pick up pictures. So I have tons of pictures to scrap and my book is full again. I have to remember Sept to Dec I take lots of pictures and not freak out so much when I feel behind in January. plus I am low on adhesive.

January 17th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Jess - I'm sorry about your neck and the busy days you've been having lately. I hope you feel better soon and get a chance for some "me" time.

Kelsey - I hear you on the refusing naps & the lack of motivation. Mark's been like that to lately. It's hit or miss. Even when he does nap, he does go to be around 7-7:30ish so that does give me a little time. But that's also when I try to get on the treadmill, so by the time I finish there I end up with no motivation to scrap. I hope I can figure out a better plan soon.

Brittanie - I hope you continue to feel better. These sickies are the worst, and it seems like it's all over the country people are getting sick.

Nicole - I'm glad you got your errands done & some more pics. I look forward to seeing some pages again soon.

AFM - My interview for today got rescheduled. I was all prepared (as I could be) AND I even put on pantyhose & nice heels. I typically dress "business casual" which isn't the suit I have on today. Oh well, I'll consider this a dress rehearsal. It's now scheduled for next Wednesday. I'm uploading some pics now and plan to pick them up from Costco on Saturday. Maybe that'll give me the motivation to get some scrapping done soon.

January 19th, 2013, 09:56 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I can't seem to keep up with this thread. I guess that is what happens when you don't come on every day. It sounds like everyone has lost motivation to scrap and lots are sick

I have decided this year I want to decorate for Valentines Day. I have never really done anything before but I found some cute ideas on Pinterest. So today the kids and I are going to sit down and do one of the crafts. It is really simple. I have the next several days off so I plan on crafting, scrapbooking and cardmaking. Oh and I guess I should do a bit of cleaning in there and some cooking as well to prepare healthy meals
January 20th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Jen, just jump in. You don't have to comment on everyone. Alot of times, we don't have time to do more then read through.

AFM, nothing is worse then waking up to a vomiting LO. So my weekend hasn't been the greatest. Mark is starting to feel a little better, thankfully. But the majority of my weekend has been doing extra laundry all weekend. Poor lil man. So that's it for an update from me. Scrappy wise, I will be picking up some pics today from Costo so I hope this will give me the motivation to scrap!!!! I hope everyone is doing okay & starting to get healthy.

January 20th, 2013, 10:48 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Becky - having a sick kid sucks! Hopefully Mark is on the mend and hopefully you and your hubby don't get it.

I just got home from my work staff meeting. So I am just popping on here quick and then I am hoping to go finish up my cardbuilders card so I can send it to Becky. I started it yesterday but it just wasn't turning out the way I wanted it to.
January 20th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
once upon a time I used to scrapbook with my mom. I was talking to her today and she was saying she had nothing to scrap. Since I am so behind on my scrapping I agreed to send her some pictures for her to scrap for me.

January 20th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I used to scrap with my mom too...I miss it.

January 21st, 2013, 01:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I miss my mom I too hope everyone continues to feel better and that everyone finds that special me time!

I went to a day crop on Saturday and O-M-G it was awesome to scrap again! I got 4 pages done at the crop and did another one yesterday. Still need to edit then upload to PB so I can post them here. I was scrapping pics of Jaylen when she was a month old at the crop and one lady came over and said "You do really nice work. Is that your granddaughter?" I replied "No, she's 3 now and I started late." I didn't think I looked that old DH is still remodeling the laundry room...plan on doing a before and after page when it's all done....hopefully he's painting today and getting ready do lay tile. Maybe I'll have my laundry room back this weekend? I can only hope.

January 21st, 2013, 02:58 PM
Brittanie - So glad you are feeling better!

Nicole - Sorry Scarlett got sick in the car...and all over the Kindle. Can't wait to see all the page you scrap with your new pictures!

Jen - Don't feel bad about not keeping up with the chat thread. I've gotten behind numerous times! Have a great time doing the crafts with your kids and decorating for Valentines Day! I'd love to see some of the crafts you do for decorations!

Becky - So sorry that Mark has been sick! I hope he is feeling better (if not now, then really soon!). (((HUGS))) Also sorry they rescheduled your interview! Wishing you luck on Wednesday!!

Jessica - (((HUGS))) So glad you had such a great time at the crop!!! Can't wait to see the pages you got done! Hope your DH finishes the laundry room soon!

January 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Had a great weekend get away with DH. Sad he is gone for a whole week and then has to go back to work when he gets home. We ate at the Melting Pot on Saturday night and it is A-Maz-Ing! lol Today, I got to go shopping without the kiddos, so that was nice, not that I bought much or went to many places. I did go to Michaels (where all the Recollections stickers and embellies are 40%) and got a 12x12 plastic box to store my finished pages, some more Tombo Multi liquid glue, a new Zig 2 way glue pen and some red glitter glue. I almost went crazy looking at the Distress ink pads, they had a whole bunch of different colors I dont have... But I just couldnt justify spending $4+ for inks right now. Oh and I got foam squares. Thats all.

Back to scrappy time!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
January 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I was all ready to start working on my valentines banner today and then I was called into work. The kids and I did get our faux stained glass hearts done though for the front window. I need to go and pick up some more contact paper to make the fourth one because we ran out. Hopefully between tomorrow and Wednesday I can complete another valentine decoration.
January 22nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Brittanie - I hope you are continuing to feel good and that everyone in the household stays well for a while now. It's a horrible cold/flu season out my way this year. Seems like everyone is getting of staying sick.

Nicole - Glad you can share pics with your Mom for her to scrap. I look forward to also seeing some pages from you again soon to.

Jess - I hope DH does get that laundry room finished!! And I look forward to seeing bigger pics of those wonderful pages you got done. Yay for scrapping!! Boo on that lady though, you DON'T look old.

Jen - I haven't checked the project thread yet, but I hope you post pics of those hearts. They sound adorable!!

Robin - yay for a great weekend & for those shopping goodies!! I look forward to seeing what you do with them all.

AFM - weekend was okay, nice to have an extra day off work. We were closed for the MLK holiday yesterday. Mark is thankfully feeling better & DH is improving more & more each day to. MIL so far seems to be staying healthy too. My interview is tomorrow, but I think I'm prepared for it now. I'm sure I'll be stressing tomorrow, but for now I'm calm.

January 23rd, 2013, 06:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like everyone is on the mend and that Robin had a great time with DH & scrappy shopping. Sometimes it's not what you buy but the idea of being able to shop alone

DH got the laundry room painted and we hung the wallpaper border yesterday. It worked out perfect that one roll went around one side and the other roll went around the other with no seems in the middle But either the ends were in the water too long & washed paste off or something because the end of each roll was wanting to come down after a couple of hours so we had to use the old fashioned method of using wallpaper paste ....but that's ok because they are up now. It's amazing how it changed the color of the paint on the bottom half of the wall. Today he'll be working on the tile. Keep your fingers crossed I can have my laundry room (and family room where everything is piled up) back by the weekend. It's still SO COLD here....I'm really getting tired of never getting above 25-27 degrees during the day - for like 2 weeks now. I know the East Coast is going thru a cold spell right now too *HUGS* Hoping we had a break thru with PTing Jaylen, yes we are still having issues Yesterday I put her in panties and told her that if she uses the toilet all day and doesn't make a mess in her panties that I would take her to McDonald's today for lunch so she can play on the toys there....within an hour she told me she had to poop, which I though "ya right" but put her on the toilet anyway and sure enough she peed and pooped! I would ask her throughout the day or she would tell me and we went all day with clean (and dry) panties! Whooo Hoooo! So today I'll take her to McDonald's for lunch and play....win-win-win because she stayed dry, her playing there wears her out which might mean a happier girl in the evening and "maybe" a nap afterwards so I can do something. Today I'll try for 2 days of being dry and a trip to McDonald's on Friday. I know the food there isn't good for her but if I keep stretching it out and then maybe at the beginning of February start a rewards program with smiley or star stickers that if she collects 10 in a row I'll take her. We are totally running out of ideas so hopefully this will work.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! Sorry for such a long post.

January 23rd, 2013, 07:08 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Jessica it sounds like you have been busy. I hate putting wallpaper up. I always recruit my mom to help me out

Today is my birthday so I plan on doing nothing at all....well except for scrapbooking. I am sitting in my craft room right now thinking about what I will work on. I bought one of those wall file folder things at Ikea at Christmas and finally got around to cutting out letters for our names and gluing them on. I am going to get DH to attach it to our kitchen wall so we have a spot for our mail and the kids school stuff that comes home to be signed.

I do have to head to the dentist in a bit but after that I am going to spend the afternoon crafting! It is extremely cold here so I am happy to be inside and doing what I love.
January 23rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
Robin - Hooray for new scrappy supplies!

Jen - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sorry you got called into work the other day. Your stained glass hearts are super cute! I hope you have a great time crafting today!!

Becky - Glad that Mark is better and your DH is getting better too! Good luck on your interview today!! And hooray for an extra day off!!

Jessica - BIG HOORAY on Jaylen staying dry yesterday!!! I hope the McDonalds thing continues to work!! Sounds like your laundry room is getting closer to done!

AFM - I'm exhausted!!! DH decided that we were going to go to Denver (at the last minute) this last weekend. He wanted to go to the stock show and take the kids to the Butterfly Pavilion. I forgot my camera so didn't get any pictures. I'm sure we will go back some time (and hopefully both kids will be in a little better mood). The stock show was nuts and I didn't find it fun at all. Way too crowded and everyone seemed extra pushy and rude. We also tried to go up to lookout mountain...Josh threw a huge fit in the museum, so him and I got to go sit in the car while DH and Kendra finished going through it. I've spent the last 2 days playing catch up (unpacking everyone's bags, catching up on cleaning, etc). Got a call last night that our new living room furniture and our nightstands are being delivered today. So plans for today are cleaning the den in the basement (so we can move our old living room furniture down there), cleaning the toy room (so that the futon that is in the den can go in there and it can act as a 2nd spare room if needed), and of course moving furniture around. I've also got to sit down and get my meal plan done and should really get the kitchen counters cleaned off. Also need to work on the Scrapbuilders and Cardbuilders too. Better try and get off of here and get that cleaning done I guess.

January 23rd, 2013, 11:53 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Kelsey - good luck on your cleaning! And YAY for new furniture. I always love buying new things for the house.

Right now I am sewing on my layout. First time ever doing it and I LOVE it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search