January Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 03:19 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, I got the toy room, den and living room all cleaned. Moved the futon (by myself) from the den to the toy room. New furniture arrived.......and the loveseat is wrong. We ordered one that had a center console and this one doesn't. Now the lady we worked with is saying "but that is what you ordered". Waiting for her to call back and let us know what they are going to do. Furniture truck already left, so we'll see if we are storing furniture for them until the right thing gets here. Grrrr!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 23rd, 2013, 08:21 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
What a PITA, Kelsey!! Hope they get it figured out and you get your right couch!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
January 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh no Kelsey!

Okay, I'm feeling better. But I'm having a hard time getting back into my groove.

January 24th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Jen, can't wait to see your page with sewing on it. Are you using a sewing machine or doing it by hand?

Kelsey on the couch fiasco! Yay for new furniture and getting things moved around.

Brittanie, glad you are feeling better. I'm throwing some mojo your way.....I'm missing your pages.

AFM, seems like it's always something. DH didn't get started on the tile yesterday as expected....he had to go to town for something and was gone 5 minutes when he called and said his car had a MAJOR oil problem. And I mean MAJOR! With the help of a friend (I couldn't help him yet as I had just gotten out of the shower) he limped the car home and found that....now here I'm totally lost....the housing for the oil filter broke So he spent half the day trying to get that fixed, and couldn't because he couldn't find the right part. And then he's wanting to start on the tile and can't get the tile to cut right for around the floor drain....and then of course there's be the flange/hole for the toilet that'll have to be cut around. Needless to say he's not a happy camper atm.

Took Jaylen to McDonald's yesterday and she did really well. She played hard enough that she was a little late coming to tell me she had to pee....one of those last minute episodes where she realizes but can't hold it so by the time she got to me a little bit escaped. She still went pee in the toilet and she dried very quickly so it wasn't a lot. Other than that she did very well again I have a little bit of work to do this morning and hopefully finish a page I started yesterday and a few errands to run later.

Happy Thursday everyone!

January 24th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Jen - I also can't wait to see your page with the sewing!

Brittanie - So glad you are feeling better! I hope you find your Mojo soon!

Jessica - So sorry your DH had such a bad day. Hopefully he gets the car fixed soon and is also able to get they tile to cooperate so that you can have your laundry room back. Hooray for Jaylen still doing well with potty training! We are starting over...again...with Josh.

AFM - The lady called back on the love seat. She was going to place an order for the loveseat we wanted before closing yesterday. There will be a wait on it though. They are making up for the mistake and the extra wait by not charging us the difference between the 2 love seats. We do have to store the love seat they delivered until next week though. I'm just glad that we hadn't moved the recliner downstairs yet.

January 24th, 2013, 08:09 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Jessica - I used my sewing machine. It is a 2 page layout so I still need to finish the 2nd page. Once it is all done I will post it. It probably won't be until sometime next week. I work 8 hours tomorrow night and then again on Saturday night. Sunday we are taking the kids to Great Wolf Lodge. Oh and I hope your husband was able to fix the car. I hate car troubles!

Kelsey - Glad to hear you got the loveseat all straightened out.
January 25th, 2013, 07:14 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelsey - boo on getting the wrong loveseat, but I'm glad they're going to replace it with no extra cost. Yay for new furniture!!

Jen - I too look forward to seeing your layout. I love the stitched look, but get too impatient with my slow hand sewing to do it much. The sewing machine isn't close to my scrappy area, but I may have to give that a try sometime soon.

Jess - Sorry for such an icky day and all you & DH are going through with the car, tile, etc. I am so happy though that Jaylen is doing so great with PT. I feel like we're making progress with Mark, a little at a time.

AFM - I finally got some scrappy time last night and it felt wonderful!! I don't think we have much of anything planned this weekend, so maybe I'll be able to get some more "me" time. I'm hoping for a good day here at work, it's nice to be Friday. I haven't heard anything about the promotion yet, hopefully soon.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 25th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kelsey, I'm glad they got your loveseat situation resolved. And of course there's the bonus of not having to pay extra for something they should have figured out in the first place

Jen, can't wait to see your layout. I haven't tried sewing paper with my machine...mostly because my machine is tucked away deep in a closet and because I just don't have room in my little room.

Becky, I'm SO HAPPY you got some me time last night!! Hoping you get more over the weekend Mark will catch on to the PTing....it's just tiring....feels like you make progress then all of a sudden you take 3 steps backwards.

AFM, DH was able to get he part for the car yesterday (but still hasn't fixed it). But the COOL thing is he got his tile pieces cut and already has half of the floor tiled. He knows he can't do anything in the room for about another day after they are all down, so I'm guessing he'll work on his car after that. So, it sounds like grout tomorrow afternoon, and then Sunday hook-up the electrical, put the trim back up, set the toilet & sink and move everything back in. He says I should have the room back Sunday afternoon, but I'm guessing more like Monday Jaylen's still doing really well with PTing...late yesterday afternoon she comes up to me and says "Mommy I have to poop very bad"...of course I was thinking ya right (like the day before), but sure enough she did! So, it's off to McDonald's again today. She has an orthopeadist appointment later today as well....we've been a little concerned about her ankles, her left one looks really bent. Her doctor thinks it's just because the arch hasn't developed in her foot yet to roll her ankles out but we are going to have it checked to make sure. I questioned the doctor at her 2 year appointment (that's when she said it's not uncommon for them to look funny...both looked funny then...but that they should fix themselves) then at her 3 year appointment her left one didn't seem to be turning. She doesn't complain that it hurts or that it bothers her so hopefully it's nothing. Scrappy-wise I have stuff pulled for another page that I'm hoping to get to later today.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and an awesome weekend!

January 25th, 2013, 09:15 PM
I'm reading what you ladies are saying, I swear! lol

Patrick will be 4 one month from today and he seems to have NO interest in potty training. I'm SO frustrated! I keep telling myself he'll get it eventually but GAH! He's SO OLD.

Alright, I'm vented, now I need to get back to choosing paper. I hate doing that lately. Part of me wants to just dump all my paper and start over.

January 25th, 2013, 10:17 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Potty Training finally clicked for Garrett! Like just in the last week to two weeks. We were having issues with him pottying in his underwear (which is totally gross to clean up. Id rather through the soiled clothes in the trash and slap a diaper on him...But I didnt) Finally! These last two days he had been going potty on the little potty we have sitting on the floor. He did super good today when we went to town. I was nervous since it was our first outing and he is still new to the who potty training topic. We got home with only skid marks. lol Tonight I had to bust out the potty prize I had bought him for when he finally went potty on the potty. lol

Brittanie- I really hope Patrick catches on soon! Does he go to Preschool?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
January 25th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Brittanie- I really hope Patrick catches on soon! Does he go to Preschool?
Nope. He will in August though.

January 30th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy Humpday to all!

Have to be quick, running late already today.

Hoping everyone is feeling well. Jaylen seems to be coming down with a cold, she's had a runny nose and a small cough. Monday night she woke up crying like 3 times because she couldn't breath well, I was so tired yesterday. We cleaned out the humidifier for her for last night and she slept a lot better (she's not up yet so I don't know how she's feeling). DH finished the laundry room enough for me to do laundry on Sunday evening. It's "almost" done now....just needs a little bit of trim done and cleaned. I'll post before/after pics in the next couple of days....it turned out really really nice Been doing some scrapping but doubt I'll hit my true goal for the month (hoping for 13 but only have 8 done so far and will probably only get one more done before the end of the month). Weight loss challenge-wise I stepped down to a smaller pair of jeans

January 31st, 2013, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Things seem to be pretty quiet around here (so far)....and not because I'm the only one up I just don't feel rushed to get a bunch of work done, altho I need to get away from that feeling because I do have some work to do and I also need to gear up and get some tax returns going. But all I want to do is scrap. DH installed a small heater in the basement so it's not freezing now and some new ceiling lights so it's much brighter now too. He said he plans on starting my doll cabinet next....I collect dolls (mostly porcelain) and have no way to display them so they are all in boxes. But, I may have upset him last night when he was describing how he was going to build it and that he may not want to do it now....I had one vision in mind (which with the size of it I found out that's not structurally possible) so when he was talking about a different vision I was lost and he took it the wrong way thinking I didn't like his idea when I was just trying to "see" what he was talking about by asking lots of questions. Kinda like when you are expecting to bite into a chocolate chip cookie and end up tasting steak instead...just kinda knocks you off kilter, kwim? So, hopefully it won't be "one of those days". Enough complaining. Weather has been unseasonably warm here....low 40s during the day and low 30s at night when it should be low 30s during the day and low 20s at night...all of our snow is melting fast. Hoping to work on the scrapbuilder card today. Hmmm.....maybe now since everyone is still asleep Hoping everyone has a Scrappy Happy Thursday!

January 31st, 2013, 10:36 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! Work has been nuts for me again, but I did get the good news yesterday that I did get that promotion. It'll be effective Feb 10th. Yay!! And I also got to scrap a little last night to. I hope to scrap again tonight, and add to my scrap number for the month. I am determined to meet the 100 page goal this year.

Jess - Way to go on the weight loss & extra yay for having the laundry room back. I hope Jaylen is feeling better soon to.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 31st, 2013, 05:19 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Congrats Becky on the promotion!!!
January 31st, 2013, 05:50 PM
Wow! I'm behind on this thread! LOL!

Becky - HOORAY for the promotion!!! Hooray for having some scrappy time lately too!

Jessica - I hope Jaylen's orthopedist appointment went well. Hooray for her still doing well with potty training too! I hope Jaylen is feeling well and that the cold wasn't that bad. I'm not going to hit my goal this month either. I'm glad you finally got your laundry room back! Hooray for a new heater and lights in the basement! I hope your DH wasn't grumpy about the doll cabinet.

Brittanie - Sorry you are having trouble with potty training Patrick. I hope he picks up on it soon.

Robin - Hooray for potty training clicking for Garrett!!

AFM - Staying busy here as usual. We had our first baby calf 2 nights ago, so we are officially calving now. Doing good on my workouts...got 5 days straight with a 1 hour workout. Yesterday I only got a 30 minute workout. I might not get a workout in today though as we have been moving cattle around all day. Not really much else going on here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search