January Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 05:56 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is everyone doing? I hope recovering from the holiday season. I am recovering. We've been a sick household, and now DH is sick. Men are such babies to, so it's not been an easy few days with him. Can anyone explain to me WHY the world must be ending if a man get sick???? I just don't understand.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 2nd, 2013, 07:22 PM
MusicMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are also recovering from the holidays....... Today was a really productive day for me which is a good thing. I'm trying to get everything ready for me to return to work at the end of the month. I'm excited and nervous about starting a new type of work.

January 2nd, 2013, 07:55 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
As I have mentioned my computer has apparently died. since I have a New kindle it is not the end of the world,well it wasn't until I was wondering how to get things from my camera to the internet. particularly my pictures of my projects and my pictures to scrap uploaded to Sam' club.

other than that every thing is good. lol oh yes my husband is under the weather too. lucky me he is not too bad right now.

January 2nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
All my kids & DH had the stomach bug around Christmas. Some how I lucked out! Everyone is better now.

Nicole- Is there a Sam's Club near by? Could you just take your memory card and have them printed from there? Does the Kindle have a camera? Looks like Tax time will be a good time for a new computer...maybe?

AFM- I am good. Ordered Christmas pictures and waiting IMPATIENTLY for them to arrive. Currently watching you tube videos on layouts Good inspiration.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
January 3rd, 2013, 04:45 AM
Kristy - good luck with the new job starting!

Nicole - are you having fun with the kindle? We've looked at a few tablets, but not that one. I think DH likes a Samsung one, but I don't know the name.

Robin - I look forward to seeing some pages from you!! and yes, youtube has some great inspiration videos there.

AFM - I'm hoping for a quieter day here at work today. It was nuts yesterday. It's a little chilly, but I'm also hoping to start back up my lunchtime walks. I want to continue my weight loss trend here. Especially since we are thinking of summery plans, which could involve a beach and possible swimsuit. I've not put one of those on in years . . . And since I know I'm going to want to scrapbook vacay pics, I don't want to look like a beached whale. I'm already so pale skinned, that DH says I blind everyone from the sun reflecting off my skin.

January 3rd, 2013, 04:51 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becky - So sorry you all have been sick. Hope everyone is starting to feel better now. Sounds like you have some fun summer plans in the works!

Kristy - Good luck at your new job!!

Nicole - Hope you are able to get your computer fixed soon! Sorry your DH is sick.

Robin - So sorry your family was sick too. I'm glad it skipped you though!! Glad everyone is feeling better. I would be impatiently waiting for the pictures too! I hope they get their soon!

AFM - Add my family to the list that was sick at the end of last year. We are on the mend now (I hope). It's one of those bugs that likes to linger and seems like everyone I've talked to that had this bug was or is still dealing with it a month later. DH's back was also out while we were sick so he was completely helpless and a pain in the rear. Not too much else here.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 3rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
We're sick here too. Mostly Erin. Poor thing has passed out an hour or more before bedtime 3 nights in a row now. Hope everyone who's been sick is getting better!

And yes, Becky, men are worse than babies when their sick. With kids (at least with mine), they have to be practically dying before they stop playing. My husband feels the slightest bit ill and he has to spend the day in bed. about a week and a half before Christmas I got the stomach flu. I was throwing up and had diarrhea ALL DAY. It was awful. A few days later he felt a little nauseated all day. He whined and moaned and stayed in bed. Then he talks about how "we" got the flu and I just want to smack him. Uh, what you is definitely NOT like what I had, dear.

And I got myself all excited this evening when I realized that since it's a new month there should be new pagemaps. And then I got to the page and it says it won't be up until the 5th! :/ So disappointing!

January 4th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hoping everyone feels better soon! Men are such babies when they are sick.

Yay for a new job Kristy!

Nicole, hope you are enjoying your new Kindle. DH got me a Samsung Galaxy Tab for Christmas and I need to get back to playing with it.

I think I know what Becky's summer plans involve and would LOVE to join them!

FIL showed up on the 26th...apparently didn't think Jaylen's 3rd birthday and Christmas were that important because it took DH and a brother to "convince" him to come over. The bad part is HE'S STILL HERE!! Don't get me wrong, but I love my FIL, but to put it mildly he's rude, he stinks and he doesn't seem to give a rat's ***** what other people think....poor Becky has been hearing me complain for over a week now via texts about it. We keep thinking he'll be leaving the next day and then the next day comes and he's still here. I NEED T&Ps that he'll be leaving very soon! PLEASE!! Ok, enough whining..... My scrappy area is "almost" done. I have to do some labeling and cross-referencing and a little bit of fine-tuning of the embellies for easier locating but I'm so close that "hopefully" I'll be done over the weekend and I can get a move on with the challenge.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful Friday!

January 4th, 2013, 06:38 AM
MusicMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jessica - Hugs about the FIL situation hopefully that will be resolved soon...... Can't wait to see your scrapping area finished.

Brittanie & Kelsey - Glad to hear you and your family are on the mend

Becky - Hope you can continue your walking..... It's been freezing here

Robin - I hope your pictures come soon

Nicole - I'm sorry about your computer but how fun to have a new toy to play with

AFM- I've been on a cleaning spree..... try to get everything cleaned up from the holidays. I'm also working on a final essay for a program next year in a CT school and I need to go grocery shopping

January 4th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HE'S GONE!!
BeckyM, Happy Song and MusicMommy like this.

January 4th, 2013, 05:54 PM
My computer is fixed! It woke up long enough for me to get a system restore launched.

I have my menu planned out to teh 17th and i am posting my meals on the cooking board under the lable Pintrosities. I had so much fun with the 52 weeks of cooking that i participated in that i thought it would be fun to start something simular except less structures, as i found the topics hard to sync with my real life and I hardly have a life.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...l#post26936757 (Pintrosity)

Brittanie I was slightly glad that the pag maps are not up until the 5th as i still have three to do from last month. i have the sketches drawn, the papers and pictures pulled all ready to go! so I can get those done up and start on these page maps. I am very much looking forward to the crop except i still haven't done any of last months crop challenges. Ugh they were so good too, of course because I created them. I still want to do them though.

My sad sad predicament is I am getting low on adhesive. I buy it in bulk from Framing Supply.con because it is so much cheaper than retail, the catch is to make it worth while I need to buy a case and pay shipping. So it is around $60. Last year I bought adhesive in Nov 2011, and it is still going after doing 236 pages last year so i just cannot complain about it... other than I need more!!!!

My diet and excercising are none existant and I am still working on drinking my water alottments. But my churchy type goals and food storage/food goals are doing well. It just feels like dieting is so expensive.

January 4th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I need to do 2 weeks worth of menu on Tuesday, and I'm thinking that those burritos my be on it! They look SO yummy.

I'm fairly certain I'm getting a sinus infection. And I'm staring at my scrappy stuff fantasizing about a hot bath, so I think that I'm not going to get anything done this evening.

January 4th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Well Brittanie I was trying it out for a food storage meal because the filling seriously is beef stew meat and red enchilada sauce. The only thing not FS was the tortillas because I am lazy adn the cheese because I prefer real cheese to the cheese in the FS room. The store cheese is $3 for 15oz and real cheese is $4 for 16 oz. The fresh stuff we can grow... the onions are from my back yard any ways. Actually i used fresh meat because I didn't want to open my canned stew meat because well we just canned it and I know it taste good.

January 4th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Got an email today saying my prints have been shipped! yeey! So hopefully Monday or Tuesday!

Jessica- Glad HE finally left!!

Nicole- Glad the computer is fixed! Yeey!

January 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Jess - I'm so happy he's finally gone!! and no, you definitely weren't a pain with texting me about FIL. I whine so much to you all the time via texts. Tomorrow should be interesting though, since we'll be rooting for opposite football teams. I wonder how our texts will be then.

Nicole - happy you got your computer back working.

Kristy - do you want to come over & clean for me now.

Robin - yay for your prints being shipped! I can't wait to see you scrapping them.

Brittanie - I hope you are not getting a sinus infection. Those are horrible.

Kelsey - I hope your family all gets & stays well soon to.

AFM - It seems everyone we know has been sick or getting sick. DH has gotten worse and this morning started wheezing. We spent the morning at emergency clinic which included a chest xray, breathing treatment, and being there over 3 hours. Diagnosis - pneumonia. 4 prescriptions later we get to come home. DH has to return Tuesday for repeat xray, and follow up in 3 weeks with another xray to be sure lungs are clear. Poor DH (and poor me). Now we're back home and I'm doing laundry while he rests. Mark took an early nap today for MIL while we were at clinic, so I'm trying to keep him occupied & not bother DH to much. Wish me luck on that.

January 5th, 2013, 07:04 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brittanie - I hope Erin gets feeling better soon and that everyone else stays well for the most part. I hope you aren't getting a sinus infection. A hot bath sounds soooo nice!!

Jessica - Hooray for almost having your scrappy area organized! You will have to show us some pics once it is! Glad your FIL finally left.

Kristy - Do you want to come clean my house??? I need to get my tush back in gear and get caught up again. Finding a home for all the things we get for Christmas and putting the Christmas stuff away always seems to take forever.

Nicole - I'm glad you got your computer fixed! I'm going to have to go check out your meal plan when I get a little more time. I just planned mine on Monday for 4 weeks.

Robin - Hooray for your prints being shipped! I also can't wait to see what pages you create with them!

Becky - I'm so sorry that your DH has pneumonia. (((HUGS))) I hope he recovers from it quickly!

AFM - I have spent the last 3 days helping DH work and move cows. Only about 1 month and we will be into calving (So fun to see all the baby calves running around). Down side....it's a very busy time of year with long hours....and it runs right into field work which will also keep DH more than busy. I've been trying to catch up on housework and really NEED to get down to my scrappy room and pick t up again. The last time I made any cards (back in November), I didn't pick anything up.........it's a huge mess! Maybe sometime this week (hopefully before Thursday) I will get it done.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

January 5th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I have to admit, I finally figured out how I can stay on the elliptical longer. I put my tablet on the screen and watch you tube scrapbook videos! Ha!! Lol I stayed on for 20 minutes (both fast and light workout) Hope it works again tomorrow!
Jessica C and Happy Song like this.

January 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Kelsey - you are so busy, I don't know how you do it. Good luck getting it all done & I hope you can have some scrappy time too. My desk is a mess to, still haven't cleaned it up either. I too hope to get it ready before the crop starts.

Robin - that's a great trick! I do that to, well not a tablet, but Mark's portable DVD player. When I get on the treadmill, I've been putting in movies and before I know it 30+ minutes have gone by.
RobinX02 likes this.

January 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Erin's on the mend, Allison's on the mend (she had cold symptoms and a high fever, but seems to be doing better), my head is still congested but feeling better, but now *I'm* coughing. Ugh. I hate winter.

January 6th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Brittanie- Glad the girls are feeling better! Hope everyone is 100% soon!! Im ready for Winter to be over too!

Can someone post the January calender so I (and anyone else) knows when the Crop starts and any other monthly activities Thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search