February Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I cannot cut a straight line with Deco scissors.

I was setting up for my CSI page tonight and collected the fast scrap Fridays and sketchy Saturdays that I missed last month. I hope to scrap tomorrow. My CSI seems like a bit of a project after that I am going to set up some pages.

I am feeling much better but my cough sounds bad and my breathing sounds like there is a ghost stuck in my chest. I am not sure where the kids all are in the cold cycle Beau was sick getting better, Scarlett seems fine and Tessa just cut two teeth so is it a cold or teething? But we are keeping our crud to ourselves and skipping church.

It is 1:15 am and I would love to be asleep however I am suffering a bought of morning sickness. So I am upright sucking on a mint hoping my dinner stays put. Ugh!

Eta: Brittanie every time I see that baby picture of Patrick I think that he was a beautiful baby.

February 10th, 2013, 09:04 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I hope you are feeling better today Nicole. Morning sickness is the worst!

I survived the sleep over birthday party! I think all the girls had fun. I will leave the decorations up for tomorrow (Syd's actual birthday). I actually like the pop of pink around the house. Maybe I should leave them up for valentines day. Today we are going to take the kids skating. Syd has her voice lesson and then we will be home again. After being on my feet all day yesterday I would love to just have a lazy day.
February 10th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Ugh, I hate those colds, Nicole, and I hope you're feeling better on both fronts.

As for Patrick, thanks! He actually bruised himself pretty good during delivery (he was posterior) on his nose and between his eyes up into his forehead, but that picture was soon enough it hadn't really developed yet.

Jen, I'm glad you survived! I'm not a birthday party person *at all* so we'll see how old Erin is before she gets one....

February 11th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I had a big package of scissors that I still have, but they're not very good and hard to use. I should look into better ones. I don't use them as often as I probably would if they were easier to use.

Jen, yay for a great party! Hope you were able to relax a little bit.

Nicole, hope you feel better soon and that the morning sickness doesn't stay too much longer for the pregnancy. I too got my case file pulled together (done too) and it was quite the challenge. But I enjoyed it a lot.

AFM, nothing huge going on today. It took me all weekend with little bits of time here and there to get that one page done DH does have the family room torn apart now starting on my doll cabinet, he finally realized that it's going to be way more custom than he was originally thinking....I have a lot, and not just dolls, but buggies that are pretty big, a cradle, highchair, etc. Jaylen's doing AWESOME with potty training but need to start working on the night time training soon...definitely not looking forward to that. I mean, how do you deal with that? It's not like you're awake to ask and make sure

Happy Monday!

February 11th, 2013, 08:46 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Jessica - YAY on the potty training front!!! Doesn't it feel great when they really start to get it.

So today is Sydney's birthday and of course being me and how I like to procrastinate I was decorating cupcakes this morning (after running out to get icing) to take over to her school. We had this weird thunderstorm this morning (lightning, wind, massive amount of rain) and we had to walk to school in it. The kids and I got soaked (no umbrella would have helped us LOL) so after doing the cupcakes I had to run to the school to drop off Syd a change of clothes. Logan has a set in his backpack (learnt that lesson the hard way - twice). So now all I need to do is wrap her gifts and make a card. I have until 3:30...no problem!

So I am getting off the computer and I am going to get some work done.
February 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Jessica - make sure you have a waterproof cover on the mattress. Other than that, if they're waking up dry, you just need to jump in. ((Patrick still fighting me on it :/ ))

Good luck with the birthday stuff Jen!

I want to be scrapping right now, but I'm being good and cleaning my kitchen instead.

February 12th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Jen, your day sounds a lot like my "normal" days....full of everything

So, what you're saying, Brittanie is lots and lots of laundry? Hope you got your kitchen cleaned. I need to do a deep cleaning all over the house. Hmmmm.....should I wait until DH is done with the doll cabinet and all of the construction dust has settled? ......Yep! I think so.

Today isn't going to be too bad, I don't think. Finish up here, pick out my next set of pictures to scrap and maybe I'll go look for another case file to scrap them to. The one I did was fun and helped open the imagination to what's possible. Then, I'll work for about an hour or so (really should do a tax return today but think I'll put that one off for tomorrow ....I'm still not in the mood to do any yet). Yesterday evening I had a meeting but left early in the hopes of finding a pair of jeans that fit a little better, but didn't want to spend a fortune for a pair that I was probably only going to wear for about 1 1/2 months (provided I keep losing weight like I have been) but couldn't find any at the 2 stores I was able to make it to maybe Jaylen & I will go out later today.

Happy Tuesday! Hoping everyone gets some scrappy time in.

February 12th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Oh I hate jeans shopping! Mine are pretty loose right now. Luckily I have a pair left from last year when I went down a pants size (before I gained it back...) so I have something to move into. I weigh less now than I did when I moved down a size last year, but they're still just tight enough to be uncomfortable. :/ Hopefully I'm not in them too long...lol

My goal is that when I get pregnant again (since I've decided I do want one more), all my maternity pants I have now will be too big for me.

February 12th, 2013, 08:47 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessica - I can't believe Jaylen is going to be in preschool already! That is awesome that your DH and Jaylen got to have a father/daughter day! Congrats on the weightloss!!! Hooray for DH working on your doll cabinet! I definitely want to see pics when it is done! I think when we night time potty trained Kendra we just tried to limit fluids after 7 and made sure she went potty before going to bed. I think that it was long enough after we day time trained her (we had waited to night time train for quite a while after day training) that it went pretty smooth. We also had a plastic cover over the mattress. I hope you are able to find a pair of jeans. I hate jean shopping (or pants in general)!

Nicole - I hope you get feeling better really soon and that your morning sickness goes away. I also hope you find your scrappy mojo sometime soon. I'm missing your pages! How scary about your DH getting stung by a wasp and having such a reaction. That is one of my biggest fears as my DH is really allergic to them too.

Jen - Sorry about the unexpected snow day. I hope they helped get ready for the party. (Mine tend to do just the opposite! LOL!) Glad you survived the party! That sounds like one heck of a storm that you had to walk in!

Robin - Hooray for a new scrappy tool! I hope you have a great time with your DH this weekend!

Brittanie - I have the same problem with my edging scissors. They were like $20 at Sam's and just don't work the best. I love your goal of all your maternity pants being too big for you the next time you're pregnant!

AFM - Keeping busy as usual. Kendra had her cheer performance last Friday and did a great job! Kendra has a 4 day weekend this weekend, so I am dropping the kids off to stay with my parents for a couple days. Looking forward to getting some time without the kids!!!! Hoping to get some scrapping time in, especially since it will be the crop! I'd also love to get a case file done!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Iks! I just bought 476 picture prints Thanks goodness for the 50% off code for snapfish! Ill have all the pics for last year. I will get it done this year!

Kesley- Enjoy your kid free weekend! Hope you do get some scrappy time in!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
February 12th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Wow, a kid free weekend? The idea boggles my mind. I've never lived close to family while having children though, so there's never been anyone to take them for that long. Have fun Kelsey!
Happy Song likes this.

February 13th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
2 days of being kid-free?? Kelsey! That's AWWWESOMMMME! (I was thinking awesome in one of those sing-songy voices )

Robin, that's a lot of pictures!

I do hate shopping for pants, especially being overweight. I finally did find some yesterday, they aren't bad and will work for a little while. I've been rolling it around in my head if I was going to be able to scrap a little bit today and I just don't know if I'll be able to. I didn't get a lot of sleep Monday night, had a meeting that by the time I got home I was awake so didn't go to bed until about 11 and then up at 3:30 so I was super tired yesterday. Then we had a school concert to go to for our niece last night. We got home at an ok time and even went to bed kinda decent (not if you're tired from the night before decent tho). And last night we tried Jaylen in panties for night time, and even tho I knew it was going to happen she woke up at 2 am soaking wet and crying/sobbing uncontrollably....took more time to get her calmed down than it did to get her changed and the bedding stripped & remade. So, I crawled back in bed at 2:30 and then up at 3:30. Needless to say I'm mega tired today, didn't exercise (altho it probably would have helped) and having several things to do today and possibly taking a nap later, then another meeting this evening I'm doubting I'll get any scrappy time in which means no scrappy time until the weekend That's my day and I'm not looking forward to it. Okay, I fibbed, I am looking forward to the nap

Scrappy Humpday to all!

February 13th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Robin - Hooray for new pictures!!!

Jessica - Glad you found a pair of jeans. I will only buy my jeans at Maurices. They are about the only store where I can find the fit I need for a reasonable price. My biggest problem is inseam length. I wear a 34-36 and most standard jeans seem to be a 32. Sorry Jaylen was so hard to calm down after the night time accident. Also sorry you haven't gotten much good sleep lately. I hope you are able to squeeze in a nap today!

AFM - I'll probably be dragging by the end of the day. I think it was 2 am before I got to sleep last night. Kendra seems to have come down with a minor bug - just runny nose and a little drainage. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse or it will put an end to my much needed weekend away from the kids. (Josh and I have had too much time together. LOL!) I've also got a bit of a runny nose. Hoping Josh and Jason don't come down with it. It's the last thing Jason needs while having to get up multiple times a night to check on the cows. Guess there's not much else going on here.

February 13th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica C View Post
Robin, that's a lot of pictures!
I've got 507 in my cart right now and I'm seriously thinking about adding some of Allison so I can scrap her (because I was looking at her squishy newborn pics and just want to....lol)

Kelsey, I only buy my pants at Target. The Merona brand has 6 different "fit styles" and one of them is "curvy fit" which is a little more relaxed through the hip and thigh, so they don't feel like I've painted them on, which is nice. They also always have petite length (because my legs are short), so I don't have to worry about dragging the hems.

February 14th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
507 pictures! WOW!!

I love getting my jeans from Maurices too.....when I'm skinny that is. I'll get there again

I did manage to get in a nap yesterday....longer than I anticipated, so I must have needed it. I laid down with Jaylen between 2 -2:30 and DH woke me at 5 asking what time my meeting was....which was at 6 and takes about 1/2 hour to get there So I scarffed down some dinner, gave out hugs & kisses and was off. I'm super glad I got a nap in because I wasn't home until about 10:45. YIKES! Mega tired again today, but I did manage to get about 45 minutes of eliptical in...not that it's helped with my being awake. If I didn't have to work today (yuck) I would have slept in a little bit longer, trying to survive on 4-5 hours of sleep for the last 3 nights is catching up to me fast. Anyhoo....have to go to work today which includes about 4 hours of driving which I'm not looking forward to in a sleepy state, but thankfully it "should" be somewhat of a short day.

Almost to the weekend. Anybody have any special plans? Have a Scrappy Thursday!

February 14th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Almost to the weekend. Anybody have any special plans? Have a Scrappy Thursday!
I have a friend who I go out on lunch playdates with at least once a week. We meet up somewhere with a play place and have lunch and let the kids go crazy. Anyway, tomorrow the kids have off school, and her husband has the day off too, so I'm going to take the kids over there and he's going to watch them and she and I are going out on a real lunch date and getting manicures after.
Jessica C and Happy Song like this.

February 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Brittanie - Hooray for new pictures! Have fun at your real lunch date and getting your manicure!!

Jessica - Sounds like you needed a nap. Glad you were able to get one in! I hope today is a short day for you!

AFM - I'm tired again today. Josh is finally sleeping almost all the way through the night again (I think it has to do with him refusing to take naps), but now I am getting up in the middle of the night to make sure DH gets up to check the cows. It took him a full hour (3 alarms and me pestering him) to get out of bed. I was pissed! Then he likes to complain about how hard it is to get up. I've been reminding him a lot lately that I've been doing it for 2 1/2 years now and how I would love to get a full nights sleep. The school was doing a "donuts with dad" thing this morning, so DH took Kendra in to school to have a donut with her. I like that the school does things like that. I need to pick a day to find a babysitter and go in and have lunch with Kendra. Got her registered for soccer and t-ball the other day. She's super excited! I can't wait till it warms up and the kids can spend more time outside! Guess there isn't much else going on here.

February 14th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Quote:
507 pictures! WOW!!
Make that 547. I just added a bunch of Allison because I feel bad I'm not scrapping her.
Happy Song likes this.

February 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am being kind to my self and set a really low goal for this month 5 pages. When I am not scrapping much I have to clean my desk off to start every day. The low goals was good as I was low on adhesive. I bought my adhesive today so I can go hog wild scrapping again. I am off to start dinner and then scrap? Lol maybe. I was up late with ms and a sick Tessa so nap may still win!

February 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Brittanie - I'm glad you got some prints of Allison! I can't wait to see some pages of her!

Nicole - Hooray for more adhesive! So sorry your MS is so bad and that Tessa isn't feeling well. I hope you both start feeling better soon!

AFM - NO KIDS!!! It's so nice to have a break! It was so nice to have a shopping trip without them yesterday! I still spent 2 hours walking around walmart (mostly because I forgot my shopping list....well part of it. The site I use to meal plan has a shopping list function on it. As long as I have my phone I can access my grocery list. ) Guess I'll have to pick up what I forgot when I pick up the kids on Monday. Took me all morning to put away groceries. Also been catching up on laundry and dishes today. Hoping to get a workout in and then get some scrapping done this afternoon/evening!

How was everyone's Valentines Day?? Jason surprised me with a dozen red roses and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries and chocolates! I picked up some champagne yesterday and am planning on fixing a nice supper for just him and I tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search