February Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
So I managed to scrapbook today and of course my laptop is down. Boo. I did the CSI AND I really like how it turned out. I am feeling better today. We went to Wal-Mart today and testicles on all the cough and cold medicines. We also got the stuff to can bacon. We need to find a dehydrater.

Yesterday we went to Sam's club because I left my food storage note book there, we had nothing to buy but we're still looking around. When we passed the cupcakes Scarlett went into a full melt down because we weren't buying any. An older lady came up to us and gave us a cup cake tray and the money to buy them. It was really sweet. So for Valentines day we had the missionaries over for dinner. So they each got a special cupcake with be mine rings on them. One of them put the ring on and of course could not get it off again! Poor guy was so embarrassed.

I am ready for my kids to be done being sick.

February 16th, 2013, 07:39 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So happy you are feeling a little better and that you got to get some scrapping in! That was really nice of the lady to give you the cupcakes and money. I love seeing people do good deeds! I love to do them at times too! Makes me feel good. It's been a while since DH and I have done one. The last one we did was buy a veteran his supper for Veteran's Day.

AFM - DH and I had a really nice supper last night. We grilled ribeye steaks and ate them with homemade twice baked potatoes and some honey dijon carrots (they were steamable - I was trying them out as I am looking for some new vegetable sides to serve to my family). We also had some champagne. We didn't want to waste part of the bottle, so we each had 3 glasses. Afterward we finished watching the 1st Pirates of the Caribbean. It was so quiet in the house yesterday. I ended up turning on the music channel on the tv just so there was some background noise. Did not get my workout or scrapping in yesterday....I got sidetracked trying to catch up on all the JM posts and then organizing the recipes on my Pinterest.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 16th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
We went to Wal-Mart today and testicles on all the cough and cold medicines.
I'm sitting here laughing and trying to figure out what you could have actually meant that would have autocorrected to that.....

It was really nice of that lady to give you cupcakes!
RobinX02 likes this.

February 17th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I'm sitting here laughing and trying to figure out what you could have actually meant that would have autocorrected to that....

February 17th, 2013, 08:53 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Back from our little vacation! Had a good time. Drank a lot Friday night but woke up feeling good (Logan, not so good. lol) , Saturday we spent all day at the tattoo shop. We are both very happy with what the artist came up with for us. He also fixed the one I got last year by a different guy and it healed bad. He also added more to make it a finished tat. So awesome. That was free also! That night we went out to dinner and it was soooo good (steak house $$$) and only had a couple drinks and went to bed early.

Us & our new tats. Mine is on the left. They are both infinity symbols and say Until My Last Day (from a country song Til My Last Day)

This is my one the guy fixed

Left is after it was first done last May. Like 2 days later the arre of Garrett was already gone and the colors in the stars didnt stay very well. That guy who did ours this time (and logans last may) redid the entire tattoo and even added the little star dust stuff to make it more complete for free!

Now I am ready to get my 476 photos scrapped!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
February 17th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I don't remember if I commented on facebook, but it turned out beautifully Robin!

As soon as I get paid on Wednesday I can ORDER my 537 prints...lol

February 17th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Thank you Brittanie. I think snapfish was doing 3 cent prints for orders over 200

February 18th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Thank you Brittanie. I think snapfish was doing 3 cent prints for orders over 200
Did you have a code for that? I know there was a 50% off 4x6 code I was planning on using, but 3cents would be even cheaper than that

February 18th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Code is ADAMS for 3cent prints good until 2/23

February 18th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Code is ADAMS for 3cent prints good until 2/23
Awesome! Thanks!

February 18th, 2013, 03:27 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Robin they turned out great!

I actually managed to get one layout done this weekend! Huge accomplishment for me LOL.

We had a busy weekend. I worked Saturday night. Sat during the day we just hung around the house. Sunday I took the kids to Build a bear, then to Syd's voice lesson, after that grocery shopping. Ran home to put the stuff away and then out to my Mom and Dad's for dinner. Today was a stat holiday (Family Day here in Ontario) so we went to my MIL's for brunch then took the kids to see Escape from Planet Earth (cute movie btw). Now we are just relaxing at home. I updated my blog and I am thinking the rest of the night will be t.v watching and surfing the net.
February 18th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Robin - The tats came out great! That was really nice f the guy to redo your old one for free!

Jen - Hooray for getting a page done this weekend!! You do sound like you have been super busy!

AFM - I ended up making a rush trip to pick up my kids yesterday evening....Josh got sick. I had 2 1/2 days without the kids and barely managed to fit in workouts...no scrapping. DH seemed to sabotage those ideas as he always seemed to have something for me to help with (we had let our help off for a good chunk of the weekend). There will probably be absolutely NO scrapping or workouts until Thursday now. DH went on a tour of the John Deere plant (he gets to see how his farm equipment is made). I really wanted him to go as it may be the last opportunity for him to do it. So it is just the help and I to take care of all the cows. We are off to a tough start too. Cows were doing great until DH left this morning. Since he left, our help and I have had to assist with 2 births and have had to deal with a set of twins (4th set so far this year...last year we had 9 total). So I am going to be feeding 3 baby calves bottles twice a day and checking cows every couple of hours during the day, while the help checks the cows multiple times through the night and helps me with anything I need help with during the day, until DH gets back Wednesday afternoon. It doesn't help that bad weather is going to be moving in Tuesday night and it is going to get really cold. Going to make for some REALLY long days and nights. Add to that the fact that Josh is sick and Kendra has school.....busy, busy, busy! So if I am kind of MIA the next couple of days, that is why.

February 19th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So hard to catch up with everyone after being gone for only 4 days. Well, I haven't been gone, but I may as well have been. Thursday, Valentine's Day, I woke up fine but ended up with a sore throat starting within a few hours and by the time I got home I had full blown flu symptoms starting....chills, body aches, sore throat, hoarse voice. It has not been pretty. Totally lost my voice by Sunday evening. I've been pushing work off since Friday and even today still trying to figure out how to get some things done from home. I really REALLY hope Jaylen & DH don't get this. DH & I didn't get flu shots so maybe that'll protect Jaylen because she did. I miss everyone and miss being able to scrap....zero energy is zapping me hard. Off now to see how I can get some stuff done with missing files

February 19th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Jen- Thanks What a busy weekend!

Kelsey- Thanks! Boy you sound so busy! Glad DH gets to go check out the tractors. Hope that everything goes smooth while he is gone!! Glad you have some help though.

Jessica- Hope you feel better soon and that no one else gets it!!!

AFM- The kids all have some kind of stomach bug/virus. It started Friday while we were gone. Think it was Ellie who threw up first. Then over the course of the weekend all 3 were throwing up and Blaine had nasty diapers. Yesterday Blaine threw up in his bed and think one of the other kids did too. Garrett filled the little potty with that watery poop (yuck!) Last night Ellie threw up on the way home, but I think that was partly carsickness induced, but she did it 2 more times after having her bath. This morning both boys woke up with poop up to their ears, LITERALLY! Got them all cleaned up and fed breakfast and everyone seems fine. Its not a constant throwing up/diarrhea thing. Its just here and there. They all still drink find and are eating pretty good, play/fight like normal.. If anyone gets sick tonight or tomorrow, Ill call their doc to get them seen. Hate stomach bugs!!

I got all my pics organized by months and into zip lock baggies. Think while 2 of the kids are sleeping, Ill go see about getting some pages set up.

February 19th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Jessica - So sorry you aren't feeling well. (((HUGS))) I hope you get feeling better really soon and that Jaylen and your DH don't get it. Sorry you are having to work while you are ill too.

Robin - So sorry all 3 kids are sick. (((HUGS))) I hope they all get over it soon and that you and your DH don't come down with whatever it is.

AFM - After the tough day with the cows yesterday, they have decided to take it easy on us. Didn't have a single baby calf all last night or so far today. I'm really hoping that doesn't mean a bunch of them are going to calve tonight/tomorrow/Thursday. National Weather Service just issued a Winter Storm Warning for our area starting at 11 am tomorrow and going through 11 pm Thursday with 8-12 inches of snow possible. Really, really hope it holds off until DH gets home! It will be interesting to see if Kendra has school tomorrow or if it gets called off as precaution....or if they have school and then let it out early to try and get kids home before it gets too bad.

Does anyone else see links in my previous post???? I didn't put them in there if you do. I have no idea how those links got put in there.

February 20th, 2013, 05:28 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
Does anyone else see links in my previous post???? I didn't put them in there if you do. I have no idea how those links got put in there.
I see them, and when I hover with my mouse (but not click) it says link added by Viglink. Very odd, I've not noticed that happen before.

Hi ladies! Sorry for being so quiet lately. I've got so much going on lately, and I've not had the time or energy to do much of anything. Work is busy, but home is what is really stressing me out right now. MIL returns to Greece on April 9th, and this is one time that I will admit to counting the days. She is a very sweet lady, and I think that is what is making this so hard for me. She is also lonely and going through a lot of stress from our BIL & SIL to so she's extra extra "needy" right now. I feel guilty even typing any of this out, and feel guilty when I try to do things on my own without her. Unlike my Mom who I have scrapped & made cards with, MIL isn't a scrappy type person and has no patience for scrapping. She loves what I make, but the few times I've tried to scrap with her in the same room, it's constant interruptions about all my stuff, why do I need all this stuff, that I need to organize it better, how much does it cost, is it worth it, etc., It's just not worth it to even discuss it with her, and definitely not worth it trying to scrap around her. And from where she is extra needy, she wants company in the evenings/weekends and I feel guilty trying to sneak away. The only time she will mainly leave me alone is when on the treadmill, but even that she's lately been coming downstairs and asking questions - how does it work, how far am I walking/running, what movie am I watching, etc., I just want to scream, but I can't. So instead, I am being a good daughter and spending time with her. I'm also pushing things along, and got her tickets lined up for Greece. I am finalizing the last doc appointments, and getting things ready to go - packages, prescriptions, shopping for gifts to take. Stuff like that, and I am also pushing conversation around to discussing plans for next winter, she always says she wants to visit her friends down south, so that's our goal for next year. She doesn't have to be available to spend a month or so with BIL & SIL in Ohio (which she hated, but did anyway for the grandchildren) since they are moving out of the country, so instead we are planning other things for her next year. She also won't have the stress they give all of us, so it should hopefully be easier . . . crossing my fingers very tightly that it is easier next year. So that's my current crazy life in a nutshell, once I get her on that plane, I should have some much needed "me" time and I can breathe again.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 20th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Ok, now that I've vented, I can respond to everyone else. (sorry to be so selfish and not responsive lately)

Nicole - yay for cupcakes, and I too laughed and tried to figure out what auto correct did to your post.

Robin - yay for a steak dinner & the tattoos turned out beautiful. The 3cent deal is a great price. I've never used snapfish but may just have to give them a try. I hope you get to scrap your new pics soon. Boo on the kiddies being sick. This has been a horrible winter for sickies this year. I hope everyone gets well soon & stays that way. ((hugs))

Brittanie - I look forward to seeing the pages you make with your new prints coming.

Jen - that sounds like a very busy weekend & yay for getting a layout done.

Jess - I hope you feel better soon & that DH & Jaylen stay healthy. ((Hugs))

Kelsey - yikes, you have a lot going on right now! I wonder if you'll beat last year's record of 9 sets of twins. And I hope DH gets home before that storm hits you. That's a lot of snow. and what is up with those links? I see them in 2 of your posts. ???so confusing.

February 20th, 2013, 06:16 AM
I posted about the mysterious links on the host board. Sounds like it is a sit wide problem and the tech crew is looking into it. I really hope they get it figured out soon! I really don't like it! It's making me feel really insecure! Sounds like the same site that is linking to words may also be causing some pop-ups. (just an FYI).

Becky - So sorry things are so stressful right now. (((HUGS))) I hope that you are able to sneak some scrappy time in sometime.

February 20th, 2013, 06:30 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, I don't have time to read through everyone's happenings, but happy to see some familiar names!!!

I have been so busy the last, oh, two years and my scrapping has taken a back seat. I still have my full time job, three hours a day in the car 3 days a week for commuting to the job, my boys Xavier 6 and Trevor 3, as well as teaching Zumba four days a week. I love teaching, but pretty soon my time is going to be dwindling since I start a master's program in less then 4 weeks.

I finally sat down in my scrappy space for the first time in I can't even tell how long. Let's just say everything, and I mean everything is dusty..... I had about 75 pages just laying around that I had done and never got a chance to get them in a book. They still aren't in books, but at least they are in order and mostly in sleeves now. I have scrapped everything up until May 2010, so I am close to 3 years behind. Once I finish up May, I can put them in a book, so that's my motivation. I still have to finish Trevor's baby book. Ah, one of these days!!

I will try to get back on soon and read what everyone is up to. I have missed you ladies and scrapping with you. I just can't find the time. I have a lot of challenges to catch up on, so maybe I'll go through and put them in some kind of organization and do some pages. They are such an inspiration!!

Last edited by mandalyn; February 20th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
February 20th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Kelsey - those links are annoying. I'm only seeing them on your posts so far, but I've also not ventured beyond our board here on JM lately.

Amanda - It's so good to "see" you sweetie!!! You sound like you are still staying super busy. Are you still commuting into my part of the world for work? Perhaps we can meet up for lunch sometime?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search