February Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 07:53 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
The links make me nervous as well. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Becky - I am not sure I could have my MIL come and stay with me. Love her dearly but not for a long stretch of time. Hopefully before you know it you are scrapping again.

AMANDA!!!! So good to see you here. I just came back recently as well.
February 20th, 2013, 08:08 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becky, yes I am at Executive on Mondays and Tuesdays now. Yes, we've been saying for the last two years we need to do lunch. We really do!! I'm pretty much always on chat, but I don't see you there too often.

Hi Jen! So good to see you, too, but I keep up with you, so I feel like I know what's going on :-)

Um, yes, and now I see the VigiLinks.....

February 20th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
So I managed to scrapbook today and of course my laptop is down. Boo. I did the CSI AND I really like how it turned out. I am feeling better today. We went to Wal-Mart today and testicles on all the cough and cold medicines. We also got the stuff to can bacon. We need to find a dehydrater.

Yesterday we went to Sam's club because I left my food storage note book there, we had nothing to buy but we're still looking around. When we passed the cupcakes Scarlett went into a full melt down because we weren't buying any. An older lady came up to us and gave us a cup cake tray and the money to buy them. It was really sweet. So for Valentines day we had the missionaries over for dinner. So they each got a special cupcake with be mine rings on them. One of them put the ring on and of course could not get it off again! Poor guy was so embarrassed.

I am ready for my kids to be done being sick.
Testicles is "stocked up" I was thinking it has something to do with Tessa. Love those auto correct puzzles.
February 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
We got beautiful snow this morning big fat fluffy flakes and it is warm! Usually when we get snow it is bitter cold. We took the kids out while it is was still snowing because I am expecting it to melt fast. I got some great pictures. Wayne built us our first snow man ever. Usually our snow is too dry. He had it done and on the porch before the kids woke up. Tessa was so cute she bit the carrot nose.the nice thing about where we live is we get just enough snow to be fun not so much to have to shovel it.
February 20th, 2013, 07:38 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amanda - So great to see you again! Sounds like you are staying super busy! I hope you are able to find some scrappy time in your busy schedule.

Nicole - Wow! I'd say auto correct really hit that one out of the ball park! What you meant to type and the auto correct are no where near similar! LOL! Hooray for a nice snow and getting to build a snowman! I hope you got pics of Tessa biting the carrot nose! Too cute!

AFM - DH got home today and is in a super grumpy mood. That's the last time I offer to work my butt off and suggest that he take some time away from the farm! If he is going to come back in this type of mood, then forget it! I do understand that we are in a pretty good winter storm warning and expecting really cold temps and between 6-12 inches of snow, but still..... Grrrr. Josh is still sick, and roads/weather permitting, I may be taking him up to the dr. He's got soooo much drainage and his cough is getting to be more constant. Kendra is finally starting to sound like she is getting over whatever she had....hopefully.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Trying to figure out how to organize my papers...... Found this on craigslist for a great deal

Im just not sure if this will work... Im thinking of dividing them into holidays (Christmas, Halloween, etc) then by colors or what the patterns are..something...
Im also thinking of just getting a book shelf and 12x12 paper holders like these

Choices... Choices... Choices.... Think I like the book shelf (or one of the closet ones with doors) better and the 12x12 paper holders. Still need to figure out how to divide all the paper though! lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
February 22nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Robin, If you look under my desk, I have a drawer system

I have big file folders separating colors in each drawer. I have pink, red, orange and yellow in the top one; green, blue and purple in the second one. Third is holiday specific, multicolored with no one dominant, browns and black/white/grey. The bottom 3 have paper packs I haven't taken apart (mostly my photoreal stacks and stuff). It works really well for me. I used to have each paper in order of pattern, but it's gotten mixed up.

I'm having a really hard time focusing on ANYTHING lately. My kids are exhausting!

February 23rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
See right now all my loose papers are in one of those plastic 3 big drawer things. The top is patterns and the middle is solids. The bottom is a paper pack I dont use and 4x6 paper packs. It's just so much of pain in my butt to have to dig through it all to find what Im looking for. I was trying to get papers out for the Blind Scrap and I found a blue I really liked, but then because I scrap double pages, I had to try and find another blue and couldnt. lol Im sure however I decide to sort it, it will also become a mess or maybe it will actually help me to keep things cleaned up better!

February 25th, 2013, 01:56 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I have way too much paper to, and it's become a mess to get through. I have several things to organize them in, but they seem to have gotten all mixed up again. Once MIL is gone, I should have more me time, and I plan on re-doing my scrap area again. Maybe one of these days, I'll find a workable solution to my space. It's a shared room, so I need to contain myself as best as I can and keep little fingers out of things to.

Other then that, things are good. weather is wonky here, cold one day, warm the next and I have a sick DH at home again to. Hopefully he'll be all better soon. Also planning on re-doing Mark's bedroom. He's not slept in his converted crib to a toddler day bed for a while now, he prefers the twin so we're going to take apart the crib. We picked up a twin headboard this weekend, so we are going to put that on the twin (it's been a pitiful looking bed with just a mattress & boxspring on the frame with no headboard for a while). With moving the crib out, it will also give him a lot more space to in his room. It is bittersweet though taking the crib apart. How is possible Mark is getting this big??? It seems like just yesterday, I brought this itty bitty baby home. and in a few short months, he'll be turning 3!!! How is that possible?

and speaking of Birthdays, Brittanie, I love the cake you did for Patrick!! (I hope you don't mind me copying it from fb)

I have been considering doing a Cars theme for Mark's bday. He LOVES those movies. Did you have a cake pan? Or did you cut this shape out yourself?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 25th, 2013, 04:48 PM
LOL, I don't mind. I forgot to put it in the february projects thread. It was a pan, with instructions. I'm SO not a cake person and couldn't do that myself! lol If it has lines, though, and I can just put X color in this spot, then I can do it.

I've been having a really hard time scrapping lately, and I realized that it's because I've gotten to the pictures of my sister's last visit with me before we got in our really bad fight, and I still have a lot of anger for how she treated me during that trip and after (and the fact that she's dragged it on for almost 3 years now and dragged my whole family into it). But I didn't print any pictures with her in, and it's not her boys' fault, so I'm just plowing through them. My new pictures should be here by Wednesday, so hopefully I can get through them before that and then have happy pictures to scrap!

February 25th, 2013, 05:23 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Great cake Brittanie!

Robin - lucky you to find one of those for a great deal. I always have issues with organizing my paper and how to do it. I buy alot of single papers that are double sided from companies like Echo Park and Bo Bunny. I don't buy a lot of paper packs. So I have mine organized by company. And then if I bought a kit with co-ordinating papers I have all of those in a box so everything is together that co-ordinates. It seems like every time I do a major clean of my scrap room I change how I organize things. Good luck finding the best way for you!

So this past Saturday my kids school had a scrapbooking crop. We do it as a fundraiser for the school. We had close to 50 ladies come. It was from 9-6. I arrived at 7 am to help set up and had to leave at 12:30 to go to the theatre. The morning was so much fun. I shopped a bit and I even managed to get one layout done. LOL I also found out about mosaic scrapbooking. One of the vendors there does classes in it. It seems really cool. Yes another thing for me to get addicted to LOL Here is what a layout looks like. Sunshine Memories: Easy-to-do Mosaic Scrapbooking!
February 25th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I'll have to play catch up on this thread tomorrow. Need to get to sleep....I feel like crud. I have been keeping up on reading everything though, just not replying.

I do want to say that that is a super cool technique Jen!! I've always wondered how they made those pages and that template makes it look super simple! I might have to try it sometime!!

February 25th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydandlogan'smommy View Post
Great cake Brittanie!

Robin - lucky you to find one of those for a great deal. I always have issues with organizing my paper and how to do it. I buy alot of single papers that are double sided from companies like Echo Park and Bo Bunny. I don't buy a lot of paper packs. So I have mine organized by company. And then if I bought a kit with co-ordinating papers I have all of those in a box so everything is together that co-ordinates. It seems like every time I do a major clean of my scrap room I change how I organize things. Good luck finding the best way for you!

So this past Saturday my kids school had a scrapbooking crop. We do it as a fundraiser for the school. We had close to 50 ladies come. It was from 9-6. I arrived at 7 am to help set up and had to leave at 12:30 to go to the theatre. The morning was so much fun. I shopped a bit and I even managed to get one layout done. LOL I also found out about mosaic scrapbooking. One of the vendors there does classes in it. It seems really cool. Yes another thing for me to get addicted to LOL Here is what a layout looks like. Sunshine Memories: Easy-to-do Mosaic Scrapbooking!
I have LOTS of loose paper. Some that may have been in packs at one time, stuff my mom collected for me from a place she used to work at and also stuff she had that she no longer wanted, but I usually buy paper packs anymore. I've never got anything from big name companies like those (aside from DCWV) I love seeing their stuff but no one around here carries it and I have a hard time buying it on line. lol Commitment issues

Thats awesome about the Crop at the school. I would LOVE to do something like that. Maybe Ill google and see if there is any kind of crops in my area. We did one at my MOPS group before we moved and I loved it. Sometimes its boring to scrap alone.

I've thought of this a couple of times and forget to ask (or search) Did the last Embellie swap every get finished?? Was a picture ever posted with what everyone made?

February 26th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I don't know about the embellie swap. I'm curious too.

Ugh, I think nausea is now a pms symptom for me, not just pregnancy. the last 3 cycles I've been very nauseated before AF starts. not fair.

February 26th, 2013, 06:57 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't get me started on organizing paper..... I am terrible. I have two of those Sterilite paper storage towers, but because I used to stack so much stuff on top of them, I have bent the wheels up. So, I only have 6 of the 7 drawers filled. They aren't organized, at all......

February 27th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Robin - Lucky you to find a paper organizer for such a great deal! My paper is somewhat organized. I have all my solids divided by rainbow color in 3 of these:

I also have my 8.5 x 11 solids sorted the same way but filed in the regular size drawers. My patterned paper is sorted into 3 categories: cool patterns, warm patterns, and neutral patterns. They are also stored in one of those 12 x 12 sterilite drawer systems. I also have one of those 12 x 12 accordion files (like this)

where I store any patterned paper that I buy for a specific category (Boy papers, girl papers, pet, wedding, travel, etc). Paper packs are just stored on edge on the shelf next to the patterned paper drawers. I have some of those cropper hopper paper holders (it's what I use to keep my scrap paper files in). The one thing I don't like about them for loose paper is that the paper sinks down and bends unless you have something to support it (like another folder).

Brittanie - I like your paper system! Sorry you are to such a difficult time in your pictures. Hooray for new ones getting here soon though! Super cute cake too! Sorry about the nausea. (((HUGS)))

Becky - Sorry your DH is sick again. Hopefully he is feeling better soon! It is amazing how fast the little ones grow! We will be getting a twin bed for Josh here pretty soon.

Jen - How fun that the school does a fundraising crop! Hooray for getting a page done! Love that mosaic scrapbooking!

AFM - Busy with calving and also been sick the last couple days. Josh hasn't been sleeping well. He was up from midnight to 5 Sunday night and then midnight to 4 Monday night. He wasn't content to just watch a movie either. I had to be up with him the whole time. He did sleep all night last night though, so hopefully we are done with the being up all night thing.

February 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Super busy thread!! I've actually read thru all the posts....now that I'm not sick, well, I still have a cough.

No way I'll be able to reply to everybody, but I'm sorry people are sick and so super busy!

Robin, I too had my papers organized in flat containers like what Kelsey posted, but whenever I wanted to find papers I had to "dig" thru it all. I ended up going with the upright file folder things and it's much easier to see what I have. That's an awesome deal you found on Craigslist....wonder if it would work turned on it's side to do the papers vertical?

Becky, I know you've been super stressed lately *HUGS*

Brittanie, LOVE the Cars cake!

Kelsey, *HUGS* for being so busy and having a grumpy DH when he got home from his trip....never fun.

As I said, I'm done being sick. DH kinda has it a little bit, but not bad. And, thankfully, Jaylen didn't seem to get it at all Being sick for almost 2 weeks has really put me behind in a lot of ways....housework, work, scrapping. DH went back to work on Monday after being laid off for the winter, which means that the family room remodel will take even longer to get done And, talk about bittersweet moments....I register Jaylen for preschool on Monday! Altho, I admit that it'll be nice to have some quiet time for a couple of hours a couple times a week, but by the time I get her dropped off and have to turn around and go get her I'll probably only have an hour each day Hobby Lobby is doing a soft opening tomorrow (and I have to work ), maybe I can swing by there over the weekend....not that I need anything Hoping to finish a page I started on Sunday sometime today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search