February Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 05:58 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's everyone up to this month? Any special Valentines Day Plans? Are you watching the Super Bowl this weekend? Any big projects you have going on? How's your scrappy time look for this month?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 1st, 2013, 07:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just another busy day at work today. I got the family room all cleaned out from the laundry room stuff that was stored in it (didn't clean the room tho because of the next project taking place in there....my doll cabinet). At least I think DH is still planning on working on that. Hoping to scrap some this weekend and get caught up on some laundry that I've been putting off (blanket & rugs). Not sure if I'll watch the superbowl, if I do it'll mostly be for the ads.

Hope everyone has a happy scrappy weekend!

February 1st, 2013, 07:55 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Jessica - sounds like you keep yourself busy!

Sydney's 9th birthday is on the 11th of this month. She is doing a sleepover with a few of her friends. We are going to have a karaoke theme. She is super excited about it.

As for the superbowl. I will most likely sit down with my hubby to watch it but I really only want to see the halftime show. We usually don't get to see the cool commercials since we are watching it on a canadian station. That part stinks!

I hope to sit down and get some crafting time this month. I will probably end up working more since we have 2 people taking vacation this month. I have today off so I am going to start planning out my daughters party (that will be next Saturday) and hopefully get out to start pricing out things for decorating.

Oh and I am also taking a photography course online all about photographing kids. I wanted to start learning how to use my camera and get off of Auto. I figured I should use the other settings since I paid the money to have those.
February 1st, 2013, 12:19 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
YAY!!! First layout of the year done and it was a double layout. Now to try and get organized and figure out what I am missing from years back so I can start to complete my albums. I am very much an all over the place scrapper.
February 1st, 2013, 02:34 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
The only reason I'm doing something for the superbowl is because a friend of mine decided I had to go to her party. lol I don't usually even watch any part of it.

Nothing really for Valentine's day either...

February 3rd, 2013, 10:47 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
So far, weight loss wise I am off to a bad start this month! Yesterday we had Garrett's 3rd b-day party. He has has croup and pink eye, so only people who came were my parents, DH's parents and DH's sister & her family. We still had a nice time. Anyways, I tried to stick to the veggie tray most of the time. Even made some Greek yogurt dips... But still ate 2 cupcakes in the middle of the night while dealing with Blaine waking up.... Also, the candy. I bought some for the goody bags...that no one got cause I forgot and oh yeah, no one else came.... Im trying to decide what to do with this bag of candy I help left over....

Scrapbook wise, I cannot believe I got 12 pages done last month. Wow!! I got my next order of pictures in and will try to plan layouts tomorrow. I have a lot of things book marked that I want to try to work in.

I turned 28 last month and I think Im already falling apart this month! A muscle in my upper back, like near the bottom of my shoulder blade hurts. Like it gets tight and then stops hurting..then gets tight again.... Also, yesterday sometime my right wrist started hurting like crazy! Its so stiff. It hurts to type, bend it, twist it and sometimes it hurts a little into my arm.... It feels so stiff. No clue why either. I did give Garrett a spanken yesterday but it wasnt anything serious. Defiantly not enough to cause my wrist to hurt like this. Hopefully it doesnt hinder my scrapbooking!

Alright, my ramblings are over!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
February 4th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Jen, YAY for doing a double layout to get the year kicked off for you! It looks great by the way. And Sydney's birthday sounds like it'll be a blast!

Robin, sometimes it takes a little cheating or a day or two without exercise to kick the weightloss in the butt. A way for you to get rid of the candy is to take it to a local pre-school or another place for kids....here, we have a Boys & Girls Club and they use that kind of stuff a prizes for games and contests, etc. Awesome job with all of your pages! 12 for January...that's great! I hear ya about the aches & pains...I'm 45 and have them everytime I get out of bed. I am learning (finally) that exercising seems to help quite a bit. You could have hurt your wrist during the spanking...it doesn't take much...try a little bit of ice and sad to say stay away from the computer and scrapping for a day to give it some rest.

Busy here again today....have a little bit of work to get done before everyone gets up and then I still need to finish the laundry. Need to clean the laundry room up from all of the dust and snap some pictures so I can post the before/after...everytime I walk in there I can't believe it's the same room. DH did an awesome job. Also want to get thru a couple of projects today that I was "hoping" I'd get done over the weekend, but THAT didn't happen. Jaylen's still got a cold lingering, runny nose but that seems to be it because she's as active as ever. Potty training is going well still one of the projects I need to do is make a calendar that she can put stars on for the dry days and then after 10 stars in a row she'll get a trip to McDonald's...I think going there every few days as a reward was burning her out quickly.

Here's hoping everyone is healthy and has a scrappy Monday!

February 5th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy Tuesday!

Robin, I hope your wrist is feeling better.

Kelsey, I hope calving season is going well for you.

Becky, wishing things would slow down for you so you can find some "me time" and get to scrapping more.

AFM, I think I plan to do too much during the day because I STILL didn't get to my projects I did manage to get Jaylen's potty calendar completed...I think she's more interested in putting stars on it than she is with the prizes that go with the accumulation of stars I had taken the pictures of the laundry room on the tablet DH got me for Christmas and tried to email them to myself so I could deal with them on the regular computer but wasn't able to get them to email so I'll have to try again later. Actually, I had LOTS of issues with the tablet yesterday It didn't want to download anything.

Well, off to get things done for the day! Scrappy Tuesday to all!

February 5th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Hey everyone my mom sent me a bling gift and I made myself scrap...

My mom is so funny whenever she makes me a card she writes on a slip of paper in it and then sets it up so I can reuse it.
RobinX02 likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 06:30 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Nicole that is a lot of bling!

Today I worked on and finished a valentines banner today. I will take pictures tomorrow to show everyone. Also tonight I worked on making one of these. Imperfectly Beautiful: How to Make Tissue Paper Pom Poms

Sydney's birthday party is this Saturday. We saw these in Party City this afternoon and she really liked them. I told her I would try to make them since I had tissue paper at home. Figured free was better then paying money for it. I will take photos this weekend and upload them on Sunday once the sleepover is over.
February 6th, 2013, 05:30 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I'm just jumping online quick here before I run out for several meetings at different locations today. Work has been insane lately, with a lot of stress & stuff going on. Way to much to type out since I have to leave before 9 for the first meeting. I've been missing everyone & hope to get caught up with you soon. The scrapbuilders & cardbuilders are complete! Everyone did an amazing job!! I will post the reveal hopefully tonight.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 6th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nicole, it's good to see you again! Nice stash of bling....always nice gifts.

Jen, can't wait to see the stuff you are making for Sydney's birthday. Altho, after a sleepover with a bunch of girls I'm kinda doubting you'll get a chance to upload anything on Sunday

Try to stay sane at work, Becky. We've missed you and know you are crazy busy at work. Can't wait for the reveal!

AFM, internet issues right after I was done catching up here so didn't get a darn thing done yesterday that I wanted to before the interruptions started. Oh, well....that's life. Maybe today.

Scrappy Wednesday to everyone!

February 6th, 2013, 07:44 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Jessica - internet issues stink! I seem to be having problems today as well. Perhaps it is telling me to get off the computer and start tackling my to do list for today.

Becky - I hope work slows down for you soon. I can't wait to see the reveal for Scrapbuilders and cardbuilders!
February 6th, 2013, 10:35 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's only the beginning of February and I am already behind on this thread! Agh! LOL!

Jessica - Did your DH end up working on the doll cabinet? I can't wait to see pics of the laundry room! I hope Jaylen's cold goes away soon. Hooray for potty training still going well!!! Sorry about the troubles with your tablet. I hope you were able to get them resolved. I am right there with you on having too many projects! LOL! Sorry about the internet problems too - that stinks!

Jen - Sydney's birthday sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I hope you get some extra crafty time this month! Have fun with the online course! I hope you learn a lot! And hooray for getting a layout done!! Those pom poms are really neat! Sorry you are having internet issues too.

Brittanie - Hope you had a great time at your friends super bowl party!

Robin - So sorry Garrett was sick and so many of the people you had planned on having at the party couldn't come. I hate having left over cake and candy after birthdays! My will power just isn't strong enough to not snack on it! Hooray for getting 12 pages done last month!! That's awesome! I hope your upper back and wrist start feeling better soon!

Nicole - What a great gift! There is a lot of that bling that I like! Can't wait to see all the pages you use it on!

Becky - I sure hope work calms down for you soon!

AFM - I didn't watch much of the super bowl at all. I did manage to catch the Budweiser colt commercial and the "God made a Farmer" commercial. Loved them both!! I chose to spend most of the super bowl working out. No big plans for Valentines day here. Just thinking about fixing a nice meal and that is about it. We had our first calf the end of January...2 weeks early. We are up to 5 calves now and they are all early. We weren't supposed to start until about the 10th of February. The weather has been super nice here lately! Supposed to get close to 60 today and then be in the 50's for the rest of the week. And then.....it is supposed to get really cold and snow this weekend. I have a feeling that it is going to be a really busy weekend with some really long nights as the cows seem more likely to have their babies in bad weather or when a front comes through. Kendra had cheer camp last Saturday and will preform what she learned at half time of the basketball game this Friday. I need to get a cheer skirt made for her before then. We'll see if I am pulling an all nighter the night before trying to get it done. LOL! Need to get her registered for soccer and t-ball soon too. As far as weight loss goes, I'm doing pretty well. My knees are starting to hurt again though, so have had to take it easy on the leg work lately. Well, I think that pretty much sums it up here. I'll stop before I have a book written! LOL!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 7th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
It's only the beginning of February and I am already behind on this thread! Agh! LOL!

Jessica - Did your DH end up working on the doll cabinet? I can't wait to see pics of the laundry room! I hope Jaylen's cold goes away soon. Hooray for potty training still going well!!! Sorry about the troubles with your tablet. I hope you were able to get them resolved. I am right there with you on having too many projects! LOL! Sorry about the internet problems too - that stinks!

Jen - Sydney's birthday sounds like it will be a lot of fun! I hope you get some extra crafty time this month! Have fun with the online course! I hope you learn a lot! And hooray for getting a layout done!! Those pom poms are really neat! Sorry you are having internet issues too.

Brittanie - Hope you had a great time at your friends super bowl party!

Robin - So sorry Garrett was sick and so many of the people you had planned on having at the party couldn't come. I hate having left over cake and candy after birthdays! My will power just isn't strong enough to not snack on it! Hooray for getting 12 pages done last month!! That's awesome! I hope your upper back and wrist start feeling better soon!

Nicole - What a great gift! There is a lot of that bling that I like! Can't wait to see all the pages you use it on!

Becky - I sure hope work calms down for you soon!

AFM - I didn't watch much of the super bowl at all. I did manage to catch the Budweiser colt commercial and the "God made a Farmer" commercial. Loved them both!! I chose to spend most of the super bowl working out. No big plans for Valentines day here. Just thinking about fixing a nice meal and that is about it. We had our first calf the end of January...2 weeks early. We are up to 5 calves now and they are all early. We weren't supposed to start until about the 10th of February. The weather has been super nice here lately! Supposed to get close to 60 today and then be in the 50's for the rest of the week. And then.....it is supposed to get really cold and snow this weekend. I have a feeling that it is going to be a really busy weekend with some really long nights as the cows seem more likely to have their babies in bad weather or when a front comes through. Kendra had cheer camp last Saturday and will preform what she learned at half time of the basketball game this Friday. I need to get a cheer skirt made for her before then. We'll see if I am pulling an all nighter the night before trying to get it done. LOL! Need to get her registered for soccer and t-ball soon too. As far as weight loss goes, I'm doing pretty well. My knees are starting to hurt again though, so have had to take it easy on the leg work lately. Well, I think that pretty much sums it up here. I'll stop before I have a book written! LOL!
I write books here all the time

DH hasn't started on the doll cabinet yet....but honestly, I'm not surprised. I, personally, would rather have him FINISH his undone projects first. He has a very bad habit of not finishing something....and it's usually something really small, like the trim work around doors I'm still amazed at Jaylen's potty training ....which reminds me (weird how minds work) that I need to check and see when the pre-school sign ups are next month. PRE-SCHOOL!?!?! She's growing up way too fast. Little bit of work here this morning and then "hopefully" I'll work on those projects again, but we'll see because I'm also hoping the little girl from next door can come over and play with Jaylen....she DEFINITELY needs some kid time.

Scrappy Thursday....it's almost Friday!

February 7th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I thought the bling would kick start the mom I but now I have been taken out by the crud. I cannot take any good meds either so it is Tylenol pm and sleep for me. I even managed to lose my voice too.

My husband was stung by a wasp Saturday and seriously tried to die. So I know he is not feeling great either but my take on it is he can take any of the hundred thousand cold medicines that do not put you to sleep. I can't. So good night all my fair scrappy friends.

February 8th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS, Nicole! It's awful being sick and pg and not being able to do much about it. I'm sure the kids enjoy you not having a voice

It was so nice yesterday.....DH took Jaylen and left at like 11 am and they didn't come back until 5:30! I was able to get some projects completed (well, almost since I need his help on one). But, most importantly, DH and Jaylen had a wonderful father/daughter day....they went for a drive, went to McDonald's, the park and shopping. They both enjoyed it a ton! I have to work today with a fairly full day yet again. Hoping to do a case file challenge I have pulled together over the weekend. Weight-loss-wise, I've lost 11 pounds and 10 inches!

Hoping everyone has a Scrappy Happy Weekend!

February 8th, 2013, 06:12 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
HUGS Nicole!

Jessica - that is awesome you got some time to yourself yesterday. WTG on the weightloss!!

AFM - Today is a snow day for the kids. Not what I planned for the day at all LOL. Sydney's party is tomorrow and I have a ton of stuff to do. I am going to recruit Syd into helping me clean and decorate for the party. Then I need to go out and get groceries but the roads aren't plowed yet so that should be interesting.
February 9th, 2013, 02:23 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Ugh! This Desert Rat does not like waking up to snow! lol So glad we are in AZ and not in oh say NY!! Ill take our couple of inches over there couple of feet!! lol

Bought scallop scissors today. Ive been wanting a boarder punch but I cant find one thats just plan old (big) scalloped edge. So I settled on scissors. I was sad and glad when I stopped by Jo-Anns today. They were not having a sale on the paper packs. Which is a good thing.. I walked out only spending $5 something. (Bought Ellie some Tinker Bell stickers too)

Im soooo excited for next weekend. DH & I are going to Laughlin, NV for the weekend. (Its like mini Vegas) We are going to get new tattoos too. The guy we are going to did DH's first one and it turned out great. The guy who did mine sucked and it didnt hold the ink well. Well the guy who did DH's said he would also do the touch up on mine. Yeey! Its going to be so much fun

Ps. The scissors I got are from Fiskars and called Cloud

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy

Last edited by RobinX02; February 9th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
February 9th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I had a big package of scissors that I still have, but they're not very good and hard to use. I should look into better ones. I don't use them as often as I probably would if they were easier to use.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search