March Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kelsey, your girls weekend sounds fabulous! I too would be DD because I don't even drink. Everything you're doing sounds right up my alley too....I've never been to a winery, but would love to see the beauty of them. Hope you all get better soon, respitory bugs aren't fun...then again, no bug is. Sorry to hear DH is stressing about the fieldwork, hopefully all the cows will be done calving soon and that should help with his stress level. Jaylen's tall too...4T. But, unless her pants are knit pants they are way too big around her waist. I've even bought her clothes in the little girl section in XS size that was a sad day for me but at the same time it was nice because I liked the selection better.

Totally forgot I didn't post how Jaylen's pre-school registration went I thought it was really funny when I got there there was a line of pre-school sized chairs lining the hallway that the adults sat in to fill out paperwork. While I'm doing that I hear other moms saying there are only 8 spots and I'm #9 in line....oh no! Then I find out that it's 8 spots for the morning class and 8 for the afternoon class...whew! When it's my turn they look over her paperwork, I got to pick her teacher (which there are only 2). It wasn't until I left that I realized that the teacher/student ratio is 1:4....that's awesome! The classes are held at the local high school, which is under rennovation and the little ones get their own wing. When they have a better idea of the actual completion date (expected to be August 1st) then we'll get a welcome letter and a date for an open house to meet the teacher and go over drop off/pick up procedures. Jaylen was so excited when I told her I was registering her, she kept saying she was going to pre-school the next day Work-wise I've got the majority of my tax returns completed I think I have 3 left and not gonna do another one for over a week Scrappy-wise, I've had a page layed out on my table now for 3 days and I'm itching to get it done.

March 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Hello everyone!

I survived my doctors appointment Thursday. My due date is September 22. I talked to the nurse practitioner and she said if I don't want to deliver on Seth's birthday then they'll make other arrangements. arrangements got an u/s baby is looking good with a heart rate of 171 and was kicking away happily.

After that I went to my LSS and spent $15 on paper. I wanted snow paper, and I bought a set of girly pink paper and some paper to scrap my baby picture from my u/s.

Then I went to hobby lobby, skipped the album's and page protectors and bought or rebought the echo park "little boy" I loved that kit so much I bought the girl version too, all for 50% off!

I then went to target and looked at the baby stuff.

Then I found our microscopic motherhood where I got a decent deal on two maternity t shirts. Which is probably all I need for this pregnancy.

I ate at Panera bread for the first time. I was not all that impressed.

Friday I went to a consignment sale and got a ton of clothes for my kids. Ok tons of stuff for Tessa, not so much for Scarlett and Beau.

March 9th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Is Hobby Lobby still having a sale??

March 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Kelsey - that sounds like a fun girls weekend!

I survived the brownie sleepover. My body is aching from sleeping on the hard ground with no air mattress but all in all it went great!
March 10th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Is Hobby Lobby still having a sale??
Aren't they always?

Nicole, glad your appointment went well and that you were able to snag quite a few bargains.

Jen, I feel for you sleeping on the hard ground. Glad all went great.

AFM, Friday at work was long. And yesterday I was SO TIRED when I got up I didn't do much of anything for awhile which made the day go to "heck" in a hand basket because I barely got 2 loads of laundry done....that's it. My plan was to finish the page that's been on my table for days now, and hopefully complete another one ....you know what they say about the best laid plans. Anyhoo, got up this morning and wanted to catch up with a few things (like here) and work on that page and realized that we had a time change I totally forgot about so now there's an hour of my day gone. Almost done catching up so then I'll play...provided nobody wakes up. Poor DH has had a throbbing headache for about 3 (maybe 4 days now). I keep telling him he needs to see a doctor but after the ambulance/ER visit last summer when there was nothing wrong and a couple thousand dollars later he said NO WAY. Lovely. On to happier thoughts....Jaylen's daytime potty training has been going very very well, until yesterday when she peed her pants. And prior to that her nighttime training was going pretty well....she had a tiny bit of wetness and then 3 days of waking up dry YAY! and then yesterday morning woke up wet. So we'll see. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm off to work on my page now

March 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM
I forgot to update you ladies about Patrick and the potty situation. He turned 4 on the 25th of February. The week before his birthday I decided I was just going to put him in underwear and deal with what happened. I made sure all his pants were washed and dried the day before so we had several pairs available. Monday and Tuesday we just had accidents every time. Wednesday it just seemed to click and we've just had a handful of accidents since. He even is completely night trained! That's how Erin did it too. I guess it's true what they say, those who are trained later have fewer accidents. I'm SO relieved to just have one in diapers!

March 10th, 2013, 02:44 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
I wish my kids would night train!! Ellie peed the bed twice last night.. I know its cause she drank to much before bed time but its hard to tell your kid NO you cannot have any more water.. Just seems wrong. Garrett is also not night trained and wakes up wet almost every morning.

Nothing much new going on here.. Need motivation to get my days started sooner!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 10th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
I wish my kids would night train!! Ellie peed the bed twice last night.. I know its cause she drank to much before bed time but its hard to tell your kid NO you cannot have any more water.. Just seems wrong. Garrett is also not night trained and wakes up wet almost every morning.
Apparently my husband wet the bed regularly until he was 7. Hopefully they don't take that long!

March 11th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My DH wet the bed until he was like 6 or 7 too. I understand it's hereditery because apparently FIL was like that too Jaylen woke up dry again yesterday so I still have hope.

Yesterday didn't go as I'd hoped. I know sooner pushed "post reply" when DH was up and wanted to watch an episode of "Lost". He'd been wanting to see that series so I got him the first series on DVD for Valentine's Day and we've been addicted to it since. Here's how pathetic we are....we watched 4 episodes yesterday! Didn't get our butts off the couch until almost noon DH & Jaylen went to town then I showered, cleaned the kitchen and folded laundry....was going to head off downstairs to play and decided to clean all the ashes out of the fireplace and bring a bunch of firewood to the front porch (so DH didn't have to do any of that with a throbbing headache). Went to grab a snack from the fridge (grapes) when I saw all the veggies I needed to repackage into little "grap-n-go" bags so did that instead and by the time I was done they were back. I did manage to make it downstairs to at least finish the page I had started almost a week ago, but no more pages which ISN'T what I had hoped for. Oh well. Today I have to work on the financial for the market meeting tonight and make a thank you card to have the board agree that that's what we should do for thank you cards for sponsors....then I'll have to make a bunch of those, but I'll make them the same so they are easy to get done quickly. I don't feel like I have a lot to do today, but at the same time I feel like I'm going to be rushed all day.

Scrappy Monday to all!

March 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Wow, that's why I'm glad Matt and I watch stuff on his computer. His desk is right next to mine, and he's got 2 monitors. So he puts the show on one monitor, he does his thing on the other, and I scrap. And when he's not home I watch on my laptop so I go through shows really fast.

That means when we DO put a movie on the TV, I have a really hard time just sitting and watching anything. lol

Totally random, the layout I'm doing right now needs a pinecone. Now, there IS a pinecone on the Create A Critter cart, but according to mycutsearch.com, Give A Hoot has one that I actually like a lot better. So I'm going to go buy it, just for the pinecone. Is that a little ridiculous of me? (that also means I can't finished this page while Erin is at school because Allison is sleeping and I can't go to the store right now)

March 11th, 2013, 01:58 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessica - Josh has the same problem with pants! If I get him jeans they have to have the adjustable waist for them to fit (I usually have to order them from Carter's). Glad Pre-school registration went well! That is a great student/teacher ratio! Hooray for almost having the tax returns complete! I hope potty training has started going better again and that the couple accidents weren't too big of a setback. Hope you are able to get a little scrappy time in today! Also hope that your DH's headaches go away!

Nicole - So glad your dr appointment went well!! Hooray for new scrappy paper! I have yet to use my echo park little boy paper, but do love it a lot! I didn't know they had a little girl set too. I might have to look into it! Hooray for inexpensive kids clothes too!

Jen - I feel your pain for having to sleep on the floor. I'm glad everything went well for the sleep over!

Brittanie - Hooray for Patrick being pretty well potty trained! At the rate we are going with Josh, we might have to give that method a try. LOL on buying a cart for one image! I've done that too.

Robin - Kendra also liked to drink a lot of water before bed. We tried to cut her water intake back slowly (encouraging more water during the day, before and during supper and less after supper) and eventually got to where she would only have a small drink before bed. Once we did that she didn't seem to have near the accidents.

AFM - Everyone is getting such great deals at Hobby Lobby! I hope I can find some just as good when I go on Friday! So excited to get away this weekend and do some shopping without the kids. I think I'll go a bit out of the way on the way to my parents/girls weekend so that Kendra can get a new pair of tennis shoes for school and a hair cut. The shoes we bought back in August already have a hole in the toe, the velcro is coming off, and parts of the sole are coming loose....not very good shoes if you ask me (Got them from Sears). Think once I get to the town we are doing girls weekend at, I may get my hair cut. I desperately need to get it cut! I'm really bad about scheduling hair cuts for myself...haven't gotten it cut since August! I think I might get about 4 inches chopped off to prepare for warmer weather.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM
okay, so nobody had that cart, so I just will use the pinecone I have.

March 12th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brittanie, I too have bought something just for that one thing I wish my set up allowed me to scrap while I watched tv....it justs wastes the day away otherwise. Do you have your cricut hooked up to your computer? If so, you could always try the Cricut Craft Room for a digital version of Give A Hoot....or maybe if you're lucky a pinecone will be offered as a free cut (I haven't checked it in awhile to see what's free lately). Yay for Patrick's potty training!

Kelsey, you sound like Becky and haircuts....I think she goes like 6 months between cuts as well. I get mine cut every 6 weeks or else the style totally goes away and get the gray colored out of my hair every 12 weeks.

AFM, DH is STILL having that headache....I'm getting worried, really worried. I did a search on webmd the other day but couldn't find anything specific....it gave me like 5 or 6 different real possibilities. Jaylen's potty training didn't really have a set back, I just need to be a little more "responsive" before bedtime Yesterday morning she came downstairs to see me after she woke up and she was totally dressed....I asked her if she got dressed because she had wet panties and she said yes, so off we went for a bath. I thought it was really cool that she got dressed all by herself

March 12th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica C View Post
Brittanie, I too have bought something just for that one thing I wish my set up allowed me to scrap while I watched tv....it justs wastes the day away otherwise. Do you have your cricut hooked up to your computer? If so, you could always try the Cricut Craft Room for a digital version of Give A Hoot....or maybe if you're lucky a pinecone will be offered as a free cut (I haven't checked it in awhile to see what's free lately). Yay for Patrick's potty training!
Nope, I haven't connected my cricut to my computer... I heard that that caused problems with several units? Don't know if that's true, but I've just never found a need for it.

March 16th, 2013, 04:23 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Hi ladies! Just a quick pop in here on chat, I'll have to respond to everyone's chat a little later. Sorry for being a bit quiet this week. We are having internet connectivity problems at work and it's too much of a pain to try to post responses off my little phone's screen. They are taking the entire server down this weekend, and it should fix all the glitches. Keep your fingers crossed for me. . .

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 18th, 2013, 08:56 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Back from my girls weekend! Had a blast!! Didn't quite work out as planned as Kendra DID have school n Friday, so that eliminated the hair cut idea. Going to try and get in sometime this week though. Anyway, trying to do a quick catch up on all my boards, so will come back and reply better later today.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 18th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Here is the page my mom did for me of my U/S picture...

March 18th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nicole, I don't see a page

Kelsey, glad you had a blast! Can't wait to "hear" all about it!

Becky, hoping they got the computer issues at work fixed. Also hoping things wind down soon at home sooner than later. *HUGS*

Afm, I was super busy trying to get ready for the big market meeting we had Saturday....which basically lasted all day long, so by the time I was able to pick Jaylen up at MILs and get home it was 6pm. I did manage to get pictures printed and 4 pages semi-sketched out (or at least an idea what I wanted to do). Super behind in my scrapping now and didn't have that plan in mind at the beginning of the year. Where has the time gone?? Work-wise I'm done with taxes, for the time being anyway as the rest of the ones I have to do they aren't ready for me yet....but it still won't be bad because there are only four of them. DH still isn't done with the family room yet Jaylen's potty training is going really good, daytime is great....nighttime she still has her accidents but I've noticed it's only if she sleeps in late. She's not getting up in the middle of the night so must be holding it which I'm guessing helps her bladder "learn"? I got an email from the place I went to the scrap retreat last Spring that they are doing another one the weekend of April 19th. I haven't told DH yet, I feel bad when I get to go to things like that and he doesn't because he feels he has too much to do at home....I keep telling him to "find" something he wants to do and make the time to do it, but he doesn't seem to so I don't know what else to do about it. I'm trying to talk Becky into coming for this retreat.....hint, hint, hint.

Hope everyone had a Scrappy Happy Monday!

March 25th, 2013, 12:07 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Im back! What a busy but fun week. Glad to be back home though. Time to get the house cleaned up again. Hopefully soon Ill be back into scrap mode again

While out I bought another paper stack. LOL! (who me? no way!!)

Love the colors and cant wait to use it!

ETA: Oh and last night while cutting up chicken for Dinner, I sliced the end of my thumb Man it hurts so bad and throbs. I hope it doesnt hinder my scrapbooking! (It does my texting lol!)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 25th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Robin sorry about your finger, I hate scrapbook slowing injuries.

So I have to scrap about 8 pages to meet 100 for the year I am about six this month. But I still have a week.

I am used to having allergies but I think I am getting a sinus infection.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search