March Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Robin, so sorry about your finger!

Hope everyone is healthy and well and that our pg ladies are being as comfy as possible.

Had a totally wasted day at work on Monday But yesterday was really really nice! The "plan" was to go to the train park (it's actually just a park but has a couple of train cars for Jaylen to play on) and have a picnic lunch and take a little walk along the walking path then home to make Easter cards with Jaylen. But the park took quite a bit of time and she was pretty worn out by the time we got home. So after we got home I finished up those Thank You cards I made for the market sponsors (12 of them) and then started working on laying out the cricut cuts that she wants on the Easter cards. She's been talking about making these cards for days. When I picked her up from the sitter on Monday I asked her what she wanted on the front of the cards and was giving her suggestions like a bunny, chic, egg, etc and she said she wanted "spawkly eggs" and yesterday when I showed her my cartridge boxes she got so excited looking at the pictures she could hardly contain herself She's picked a bunny (which'll be used on a couple of cards) and a chick in an egg that reminds me of a peep so that'll work it's way into the card title. I need to get going on those so we can continue with our project today. So today we are doing that and running a couple of quick errands in town. I have to work tomorrow but off again on Friday so we'll probably finish up the cards then. Well, off to finish laying stuff out to cut. Wishing everyone a Happy Scrappy Wednesday!

March 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Is there anyone else who is Pregnant besides Nicole?! Did I miss something

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Not me!

March 27th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Not me either! Though Ellie came up to me tonight and asked me "When you have a baby girl, what are you going to name her?" She is still dead set that Im going to have a baby girl... I told her to ask Logan and he was all "Are you telling me something." Heck no! not right now!

March 28th, 2013, 07:11 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Janessa.

I'm not. We are pretty sure we are done with 2.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 28th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Thanks Jessica I am pretty comfortable right now. I am also not too uncomfortable during the end either unless of course it is hot which it will be. Then I am mostly stuck at home. My a/c is still broke so I will be stuck in my bedroom... boo hoo I see a lot of scraping gettting done this summer. I think my record is around 40 pages in a month... I like to do a big push before I have a baby because I tend to lag on scrapbooking for a few months after having a baby.

March 28th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jaylen & I got one card done yesterday because our "quick" errands went from about 2 hours to 4 hours I had already done the leg work getting the 4 cards that need done layed out with Design Studio (I don't have a Gypsy and I got DS before Cricut Craft Room came out). So when it came time to actually do the cards we went downstairs and I got everything all set up....pulled my table out, connected Cricut to the computer and pulled my mat down....I can't believe how excited she was. I manuvered my images around and place pieces of paper on the mat so I only needed to cut once instead of a whole bunch of times. Once it was done I showed her how (and helped A LOT) how to use the spatula to pull the paper off the mat....she actually did pretty good, only took off one wisker of the bunny Then we laid things out on the card, by this time all she wanted to do was cut paper with her scissors...ok, here's the garbage can you can cut over that. She has a tendency to cut teeny tiny pieces of paper....just to cut them, so I wanted them in the garbage and not on the floor. I started glueing things down then she decided she wanted to help again, so I showed her how to use the little adhesive thingy I have (one of those Tombow things....no way was I gonna let her use my ATG). She did pretty good with that too. Since we only got one done yesterday this morning she was asking if we could do another one tonight.....hopefully I posted the pics of it in the March projects thread.

March 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Ugh, just having a hard time scrapping last years pictures.. They just bring up feelings, memories, false memories... (Any one cares to know what Im talking about, you can p.m. me ) Just wish there was a way to erase the negative feelings I have sometimes.. And the sad thing, its not even related to the photos them selves..

vent over

March 28th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Robin, I have discovered that I like to scrap negative feeling pictures fast. That was all the feeling is together. Like when I lost Seth I was literally scrapping it as it happened. I have a few pictures from my daughter's visit last summer and they make me really sad now. She doesn't want to visit this year, and refuses to send me pictures.

Robin if your interested in scrapping eleven year old girl we can do a picture swap.

March 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Nicole- Sorry she is being a teenager this year I couldnt scrap someone elses picture.. Specially yours because our styles are so different! Id feel like Im letting you down! lol

March 28th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Ugh, just having a hard time scrapping last years pictures.. They just bring up feelings, memories, false memories... (Any one cares to know what Im talking about, you can p.m. me ) Just wish there was a way to erase the negative feelings I have sometimes.. And the sad thing, its not even related to the photos them selves..

vent over
I just went through that with the pictures of my sister's last visit. They don't have any journaling on them, and very little embellishment. I just stuck them on the page and plowed through the stack. (hugs)

March 29th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS, Robin! I'm not going to pm you to find out why you feel the way you do because I'm guessing it's very personal....even tho you've given the "invitation". But since they appear to be pictures of your life and that you'd like them scrapped Brittanie's advice of just plowing thru them seems logical. Not to mention that you scrapping them....and again, I don't know the situation.....might be a way for you to "heal". Just my thoughts.

March 30th, 2013, 04:28 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll have to come back & respond later to individual posts, but wanted to pop in to say hi. It's been a crazy week, mostly at home, but work was unusually busy to. We just have a little over a week until MIL leaves, so I will have more time after she leaves. Until then, I'm trying to pop in when I can. Sorry ladies!

For those who celebrate Easter this weekend, I hope you have a great one & I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 30th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica C View Post
HUGS, Robin! I'm not going to pm you to find out why you feel the way you do because I'm guessing it's very personal....even tho you've given the "invitation". But since they appear to be pictures of your life and that you'd like them scrapped Brittanie's advice of just plowing thru them seems logical. Not to mention that you scrapping them....and again, I don't know the situation.....might be a way for you to "heal". Just my thoughts.

Yeah. If my family or other random people got a hair to search me or my blog, all my posts come up and I dont want it to be out there like that. But I dont mind sharing it with "friends" in a public area.. and I agree, it does probably help me heal having to deal with it... I do enjoy scrapping the photos because well them and the events in the photos have nothing to do with the feelings they make me feel..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search