March Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 09:58 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I couldn't believe it was March already. February is such a short month that it always seems to fly by. I'm looking forward to a great month here with all of you.

So, what is going on? Any plans for the month? I realized when I flipped my calendar that Easter is March 31st. We celebrate Orthodox Easter, which is much later this year, May 5th, so I wasn't sure when the other Easter was til today. Does anyone have plans? For the school aged children among us, will school break be around the 31st or is the spring break dates chosen differently? (clueless to that with not having a child in school )

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 1st, 2013, 11:37 AM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Crazy its March already! Logan's b-day is on the 5th. He will be 26 (I believe. lol) Probably wont be doing anything that day. The 4th is Ellie & Garrett's first dentist appointments ever. This should be interesting. Sure hope their teeth are ok.. We will probably go out to eat that day for Logan's b-day.

Easter? Hmmm not sure what the plans are yet. Probably be spending Easter Sunday with the inlaws (his parents and his sister & her family) Looks like the kids and I will probably go to my parents house around the 18th and stay a week. The county fair we usually go to is that weekend, so it will be fun to take the kids again this year.

No other plans this month. Scrapbook of course

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
March 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Happy March ladies!

My kids have their March break the week of the 11th. No big plans for them that week. Probably just hanging out at home. Next weekend I am with my brownie group for a sleepover. So this week I will be prepping for that. Other than that just working and probably puttering around the house to organize a few more things. I need to get the toy situation under control before I lose my mind!
March 1st, 2013, 07:53 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yay March!! I've been trying to start a St. Patrick's Day project all day, but just haven't had the time to sit and clear my desk off first. And now I just don't have the energy (I've been waiting til 9 to take my thyroid meds, and then I'm off to bed!)

Spring Break for us is March 25-April1st. It really depends on the school district when they do it. Growing up it always seemed to be the week of my birthday (21st), which was always awesome.

No plans for Easter as of yet. I did have a friend decide she's throwing me a birthday party though. I haven't had a real birthday party in ages. She said that since I'm turning 30 we couldn't just ignore it, and since I'm NOT a party planner, she decided to do it for me.

March 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
February does fly, that's for sure! As for plans, just have a few dates with "have to's" like registering Jaylen for pre-school on Monday , most of my tax returns need to be done by the 15th (that's when corporate returns are due) and farmers market meetings this morning, the 11th and the 16th and probably a few more during the month that I don't know about because of getting the market and the new store geared up...I think the market stuff is making me busier than anything else Hoping to get a little bit more organized when it comes to planning, need to plan a lot better to get everything done that I need (cleaning, work, meetings) and that I want (scrapping and scrapping and scrapping ) After my meeting this morning (which might take until noon) I'll get Jaylen up to MIL's for a night....2 if we are lucky....then I'll hit Hobby Lobby on my way home to see if they have any great specials from their opening and not to mention that it's National Craft Month. Planning to work on a tax return this weekend and scrap, fingers are crossed I can get 2 pages done.

March 2nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I exceeded my goal of five pages for last month. I am keeping the same goal this month. I am not worried about making my goal of 100 pages and my mom is scrapping pages for me too. My computer being dead sucks big time because not being able to post them is a real drag.

I am planning to scrap tonight. Everyone is sick again.

I bought candy for the kids baskets today. We don't do much for Easter. Easter vacation does not match Easter here.

My first appointment is the seventh. seventh am bummed I won't be able to post a baby picture. I am paranoid about going to the doctor.

March 3rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Stopped at JoAnns yesterday (ooops! lol not )I spent $38 and saved $33

DCWV My Sunny Days & The White Ginger stacks and 2 multi color stacks. I also bought a mini stapler and erasers from Dollar Tree. I thought the mini stapler would be the same as Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I think its cute to staple on stuff sometimes.

I also bought paint and little bottles to try to make my own spray mists..

I used just Apple Barrel Acrylic paint and rubbing alcohol. Results? The red ("Hot Rod Red") isnt as red as I wanted. The black ("Black") is kinda muted, not as dark as I was expecting. I probably wont use them on a scrap page anytime soon, but will practice on cards or tags. Ill post stuff as I make it

March 3rd, 2013, 08:40 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was looking through the white ginger stack the other day. Yay for paper!!

March 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Jen - good luck prepping for a browning sleepover. how many girls will you have?

Jess - Good luck getting everything done. I can't believe it's time to register Jaylen for pre-school already. How is it possible our babies are getting so big?

Nice stash, Robin. I'm trying to be a good girl and not buy any paper, I have way too much at the house. How did the kid's dentist appointments go today? I keep meaning to schedule one for Mark.

Brittanie - Wahoo for turning 30 & having a party planned! I just realized the other day that Tony turns 40 this year, so I guess I'll need to have a party for him. It's in October so I have a little time.

Nicole - I look forward to seeing your pages when you can post them. And good luck at your doc appointment this week.

AFM - it was a busy weekend, I got a lot done, but nothing scrap related. It's countdown time now til when MIL returns to Greece so I expect our weekends are going to start filling up getting her prepped. This weekend, we got her new eyeglasses ordered plus a package mailed out to Greece. I'm trying to have us all better organized this year to avoid the last minute stressing out (and grumpiness). We also this weekend, took down Mark's crib. It was bittersweet. We took off the side and converted it to the crib day bed last year (late summer/fall), but he only slept in it for a few months. Before Christmas, he only wanted to sleep in the twin size bed we had so we picked up a headboard last weekend, and got it all put together this weekend. Mark loves it. Taking the crib down also gave me more room to move around in to, so it looks really cute. He looks so tiny in the bed, but he's definitely growing up. I can't believe he'll be 3 in less then 2 months now. Lately his pants are all getting to short. He's a teeny one, so I'm talking about the 18 months size. We are finally able to pull out the 24 months/2t. They are a little big at the waist, but fit him pretty good in the legs. He's been in the 24 months/2t for tops for a while. That's about it for my part of the world, no scrapping yet for the month, but maybe with having an extra day off this week (if the snow storm actually occurs) I may have some unexpected play time on Wednesday. Whether we keep the power on is a different story . . .

March 4th, 2013, 12:11 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Becky - we will have 24 girls there and 6 adults. My biggest worry is that we will have enough activities to keep them occupied.
March 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Jen - wow, that is a lot of people! Have you thought about some craft stations so that if some don't want to participate in a group activity, they can do some crafty stuff to? Or are you doing some group crafty stuff? Crafts was my go to when I used to do the Sunday School stuff years ago for young girls.

March 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Becky- I can never turn down sales on paper. The kids appointments went well! They both did great and no cavities. Well possibly one between Ellie's back teeth but because they are touching they cant tell. Want me to start flossing them and then take her back in 3 months to see if the spot has changed any. I was very surprised at how well both kids did though! I should have scheduled Blaine to get checked out too. Maybe next time.

March 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Becky - we have a variety of things we are going to do. Friday night we will paint their toe nails and then have other stations set up to do a few things. Our theme for the sleepover is Being healthy. We are going to talk about healthy food and physical activity. We will do games, crafts, we are going to make our own ice cream. I never seem to gauge properly how much time it will take the girls to do things. Some of them have a hard time focusing. Working with this many girls aged 8-9 can be very difficult
March 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll come back and reply to the previous posts tomorrow when I have more time. Right now I just need to vent.....sorry.

So, anyone remember me venting about ordering a new couch and loveseat for our living room and how they ordered the wrong love seat? The situation just got worse today. The furniture store called and said that the fabric manufacturer that produced the fabric that we picked out (that matches our couch) is going out of business and they can't get the matching fabric to upholster our loveseat. We could, however, use this fabric that "matches pretty close" sight unseen. We said no. So they are coming to pick up our couch on Wednesday as we are just going to have to re-order the whole set when we can get back to that town to pick out a new fabric. GRRR. So, unless we get a really good rain that kicks Jason out of the field (here after we are done with the cows)....it will probably be June before we make it back in to pick out a new fabric. Allow 6-8 weeks (or more) for them to make it and deliver it and we are talking August/September before we get the furniture we originally ordered back in December. Its just ridiculous! Had the lady taken the time to go over the entire order with us before sending us out the door, we would have had a complete matching set back in January instead of dealing with this mess. Guess that is what we get for not working with the guy we usually work with in there. We will definitely be holding them to all the deals they made with the loveseat mix up and might even try to talk them into a discount on the whole thing where they messed up so bad and then it got worse. So back to the old uncomfortable couch on Wednesday.

Okay....vent over. I think I feel a little better now.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 4th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS!! Kelsey! That really sucks.

Robin, yay for positive dentist appointments and more paper! I have way too much paper, but but more at Hobby Lobby on Saturday I couldn't resist it, it was a cute Kraft paper pack...I don't have any Kraft paper

Becky, the kids are growing up so fast! We've got Jaylen in her toddler/day bed (hers is a converta crib....crib to toddler/day to full size) but I just can't seem to take the half side rail off. I really hope you can get some scrappy time soon, I miss seeing your pages.

Nicole, I hope you're doing well. Good luck at your appointment, I'm sure everything's fine.

Jen, that's a LOT of young girls. Good Luck and have fun!

AFM, the weekend sucked. I had a meeting Saturday that basically killed my entire day. Got Jaylen up to MIL's in the early afternoon then went to Hobby Lobby for a little bit....1 1/2 hours & $20 isn't too bad. Ended up having a meeting on Sunday too which ruined Sunday as well I did manage to get 1 page done. Today wasn't much better.

March 4th, 2013, 06:27 PM
((Hugs)) Kelsey. I would be so upset to.

Jen - sounds like you have some good things planned out. Good luck!

Robin - I am glad the dentist appointments went well.

Jess - I am sorry your weekend was a mess. I hope this week gets better for you.

With me, we are keeping an eye on this storm. It may get messy here if we actually get the snow. We have been missed by all the other storms though, so it's hard to have faith in the weather men & their forecast. If we do get it, we will most likely have power outages. That part won't be fun.

March 4th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Hello all! I think the kids are getting better. But Wayne was sick, tripped and hurt his shoulder, and had a tooth pulled today. All that and he is still cleaning the puke. I am at least feeling much better.

Scrappy wise I did two pages.

After my doctor appointment I can go to hobby lobby. I need to look at the ad. Oddly enough I am not feeling the need for paper. Or bling. I needs albums and page protectors. My least favorite thing to buy.

March 5th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
After my doctor appointment I can go to hobby lobby. I need to look at the ad. Oddly enough I am not feeling the need for paper. Or bling. I needs albums and page protectors. My least favorite thing to buy.
That's because you don't get to use them "creatively" Hoping everyone starts feeling better soon, Nicole.

Becky, part of me really hopes you get the storm so you can stay home and scrap (provided you don't have any power outages) but I also know that MIL may not "let" you have any of that time.

AFM, I did catch up a little bit with work yesterday but need to do more today. If all goes well today and Jaylen lets me have me time I might be able to work on a page....please note that I said "might" because I really should clean house. If I get on the stick maybe I can fit both in.

Scrappy Happy Tuesday!

March 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Hi ladies! I am home today but so far very little snow. I am sure work will be open tomorrow. No scrappy time for me yet today, maybe later. I hope everyone is having a good day.

March 7th, 2013, 01:08 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Playing catch up today!

Jen - Have fun with the Brownie sleepover! That is a lot of girls that will be there!

Brittanie - How fun to have a friend plan a birthday party!!

Jessica - How did Kindergarten registration go? I also need to get more organized with my planning in order to get everything I want to do in. Just doesn't seem like there are enough hours in the day. Hooray for new kraft paper!! Sorry about the meetings ruining your weekend.

Nicole - How did your dr appointment go today? That does suck about your computer. I hope you are able to find a solution or a new computer for a reasonable price soon! Glad the kids are starting to feel better. Hope your DH feels better soon too.

Robin - Hooray for new scrappy supplies! Not sure I have seen either one of those paper packs...but now I want to go to Joanns so I can check them out! Can't wait to see the cards using your new technique with the paint! Hooray for great dentist appointments!!

Becky - Sounds like things are off to a good start on getting your MIL ready to go back to Greece. We will be getting a twin bed here soon for Josh too. Eventually we will get him an extra long twin...maybe after potty training is done. Sounds like he got good use out of his 18 month pants! Josh flew through his! He is now wearing 3T pants and 4T shirts (tall like his daddy).

AFM - Things are staying busy here as usual. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel for calving. Only about 40 more cows to have their babies....unfortunately that means that we can also see all the field work approaching. DH is really stressing about that as he isn't ready. We have all had some sort of respiratory bug here going on 3 weeks now. I think the kids are finally pretty well over it, but it is sure hanging on to DH and I. Kendra had winter break at school February 15-18th (plus 2 1/2 snow days after that) and now will have spring break from March 15th-17th and then Easter break March 29th-April 1st. She should be starting soccer here later this month. I'll be getting together with some of my friends from college the 15th-17th for a girls weekend get together. We are planning on possibly watching a hockey game, going bowling, getting mani's/pedi's, and maybe going to a vineyard to a wine tasting (of which I may be the DD as I don't care much for wine). I'm also planning on getting a new pair of workout shoes and going to Hobby Lobby that weekend! That pretty much covers everything happening here at the moment.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search