April Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2013, 05:28 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Once again, another month has flown by!

Happy April 1st, ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend, and I'm looking forward to another great month with everyone. So is everyone ready for springtime & perhaps even warmer temps to get here and stay here. I am so tired of the crazy temp swings we had in March. Except for the allergies (and I can take drugs for that), I love the springtime flowers & trees blooming. We'll be in DC next weekend, so we're hoping to see those beautiful cherry trees. This week is supposed to be the peak bloom time, but the blooms haven't opened up yet. Saturday is supposed to get to upper 50s, maybe 60s for the temps, so it'll be nice to spend outside.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
April 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Hello everyone I am at the library and it only took an hour and 45 min to get my pictures uploaded for Sams club. 65 pictures mostly of Easter. Tomorrow is my doctor appointment for baby. I am very nervous but I think baby is getting bigger and I think i felt baby move. After that we are going shopping. Hobby Lobby has paper pads on sale and punches. I want a farm pad and a butterfly punch so depending on time we will check that out. I plan on getting by Target too... but for green salsa. I dont usually buy the scrappy stuff there but I am excited to look at baby stuff. And big baby stuff, and little girl stuff and STUFF! Any way as for mood I mean weather swings it is suposed to drop 40 degrees from today to tomorrow. Brrrrr.

April 1st, 2013, 12:34 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Let me be the first to say I am ready for early Summer weather!! I say early because that means its not in the 100s yet.. lol I am tired of the wind!! My kids have allergies like crazy.. I bought some claritin but keep forgetting to give it to them to see if it helps.

I need to throw the cupcakes we made in the trash.. I have literally ate like 6 and its only 12:30 pm. Think Ill let the kids have one more each and toss the last couple.. Need to get my rump back on the elliptical and get serious about this weight loss, getting healthy, fit-bluh bluh bluh, thing back in line!

Cant wait to get more pages done

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
April 1st, 2013, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy Spring to all! The weather over the weekend was absolutely beautiful here! We were in the low to mid 70s, no wind, blue skies with hardly any wispy clouds And today is about the same. Spent most of yesterday outside with Jaylen....I'm such a bad mommy, I forgot to put sunscreen on her. Thankfully she didn't burn bad, she was just a little pink last night but I didn't notice any pink on her this morning I had to work today, but just about ready to head home. Hoping I can break thru the brick wall I hit in my weight loss, I'm tired of losing the same 2-3 pounds over and over again for the last 3 weeks....no matter what I do to try and shake things up.

Back in January I had to fill out a questionaire to Federal jury duty, I thought it was a 2 month cycle pool. I thought I was in the clear, but Saturday I got notification that I'm on jury duty call for 2 weeks the end of April/first of May and apparently it's a 2-YEAR cycle pool. I don't mind doing it, kinda looking foward to doing so, but they have really really really bad timing on this. The Federal court house is about 3 hours away and once I report I may not be able to go home for a week. Which would mean that DH not only has to deal with Jaylen for possibly a week (not really a big deal) but add to that....he works until like 6 each night, the sitter is due in about 3 weeks and we don't know when she'll take Jaylen back after the baby is born so we'd be looking at a different sitter (probably MIL), we will be gearing up for the start of the farmers market (May 11th) which I need to help DH prepare/package product, I'm on the market board so I'll be getting ready for market in that aspect, plus the country store we will be opening from the bottom up at the same time....like I said, really bad timing. I'm going to see if I can get a postponement from them....needless to say it has me really stressed out right now if they don't grant one.

Robin, I too can't wait to get more pages done.

April 1st, 2013, 06:44 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Jessica, that sounds stressful!!

Here, it's RAINING! That means it's NOT snowing! Apparently we have high pollen levels, but I haven't really noticed because I've been taking Allegra daily for over a month now. Apparently that idea worked!
Happy Song likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 08:56 PM
There's about to be a battle in my craft space...
RobinX02 likes this.

April 3rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
Brittanie- LOL Why?

April 3rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
Arcee (the blue one) is the female Autobot (good guy) on the most recent iteration of the Transformers cartoons. The dragon, is Predaking. Evil and huge genetic expiriment by the Decepticons (bad guys).

April 3rd, 2013, 11:01 PM
Oh how funny! The pic didn't show up on MT computer so this is pretty finny to me

April 4th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Brittanie, that's hilarious!

Well.....I was able to get my jury duty postponed to the middle of June But, in the meantime I was starting to feel REALLY overwhelmed with things that need to be done floating around in my head so I made a list. And after looking at that list it appears that most of it needs done like in the next couple of weeks (or less). So, I'll be taking a hiatus of sorts and trying to focus on that list....which means no pages. I have 3 pages kinda sketched out and was originally thinking of busting thru those to get them off my plate and then working on the things floating in my head but then I came up with the list and I know that if I did pages first I'd have no time to finish the rest. So my hiatus starts now. Hopefully I'll be able to make it short so I can finish those pages before the end of the month and then get to working on my album rotation plan. I'll be lurking but that's about it for a couple of weeks. Wish me luck!

April 4th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
Oh how funny! The pic didn't show up on MT computer so this is pretty finny to me
Oh, well, no wonder you were so confused!! lol

Really though, my space is so messy I can't even really think here right now. I need to do some serious cleaning up

April 5th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Hey everyone!

I am really exciting about this new month and scrapping more. Today I managed to clean my scrappy desk, and do a bunch of stuff I had been procrastinating. Then this afternoon I managed to do not one but two scrapbooking pages. I am 1/5th of the way to my goal this month.

I was very sad I did not get to hobby lobby this week. So no new scrappy stuff for me. When we drove past hobby lobby it was pouring down rain and I didn't want to drown our Poor kids. Plus I have a better trip without DH. Next month I know we will go to hobby lobby because we will know the baby's gender and we will be buying yarn for dh to crochet into a baby blanket. I am not sure what will be on sale scrappy wise but I am sure I will find something I want to buy.

April 12th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Hi ladies! Things have been so hectic lately, but today I finally feel like it may be easing. We got MIL off to Greece on Tuesday, so that stress is over. She's a sweetie, but these last few weeks/months really, have been incredibly busy. I should have some more time for me now at home, so I plan on being back here on JM as well as finally getting some scrappy time in to. I hope everyone is enjoying the great crop challenges this month and I'm looking forward to seeing what we all make with them.

April 12th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I'd forgotten how quickly pregnancy steals your every thought. Or maybe it's because I'm so tired. Either way, I'm staring my pictures and nothing is happening.

Glad you'll be able to jump back in Becky! I've missed your pages.

April 15th, 2013, 06:05 AM
((Hugs)) I hope you get some inspiration soon, Brittanie! I always enjoy seeing your pages.

AFM - no scrappy time this weekend. AF arrived, and she was brutal to my energy levels and then every time I sat (or actually laid down) on the couch, I had Mark snuggling up with me. I admit, I loved the extra cuddles so I didn't get much of anything done this weekend. No laundry, no work that I brought home with me, nothing . . . I guess I'll be very busy these next few evenings to get caught up.

April 15th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Oh Brittanie I totally get the mojo theif thing going on! I am still napping instead of scrapping.

April 15th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Well, I've got to make a birthday card, so...lol!!

So, with this baby being born right before Christmas, I'm trying to decide what to do re: birth announcements and Christmas cards. I usually hand make both, but I'm not going to do both AT THE SAME TIME!!

I'll probably just buy Christmas cards and do a cute birth announcements.

April 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
We found out today that baby is free of any Trisomy isses and that baby is a BOY!
BeckyM and babyloves2dance like this.

April 18th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Hi ladies!

Nicole - congrats on having a little boy.

Brittanie - I look forward to seeing those cards, whichever type you do. With Christmas cards, perhaps we can do a card challenge, maybe another Christmas in July and you can get those out of the way early if you decide to make them to. And with the baby announcements, maybe you an also get those started early and only have to add in the details of date, time, weight, etc. Just a thought . . .

April 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Congrats Nicole!!!!

Becky, maybe. we'll have to see how I'm feeling. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search