May Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 08:30 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This year is just flying by! Where did April go.....and why is it still snowing??

How is everyone doing??

I've got an extra busy week this week. I've been terrible about getting exercise in and keeping in check with my calories the last couple days. Seems like that happens every time a front moves in. It's like I have to eat to stay warm or something? My birthday is Sunday. I'm hoping to spend next week doing some scrapping. Have to get a couple graduation cards done this month. I'm so far behind on birthday cards this year....so I've decided that I'm not going to send any cards this year. Instead I am going to take this year to get next years cards made and work on my stock pile.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
UGH! I'm so tired of snow! I know the reason March and April went by so fast....because we're stuck in FEBRUARY!

I need to make a birthday card for my brother whose birthday is on Sunday. And I have no motivation. Because I'm cold.

May 1st, 2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
And I have no motivation. Because I'm cold.

May 3rd, 2013, 12:30 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I do not not know why you all are complaining, yesterday was Beautiful first of May balmy 88 degrees. Shorts and handles. I really should have shaved my legs... I even put my coats up.

Go think they were just hung up in my closet because today was cold and it is supposed to snow here tonight/tomorrow seriously you all can keep your cold.

In happy news my mom sent me a gift card. I was going to buy Cade a swing and some camping gear. But she wants me to spend it on myself... which means scrappy stuff because no matter how fat and pregnant I get scrappy loot always fits me. She suggested bras, underwear and shoes. So not fun. Clothes maybe in December...But not now.

So what would you buy YOURSELF for $100?
May 3rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brrrr on all that snow & cold temps you ladies are having.

I have weather relating whining to do to - Our weather here on the east coast is finally getting nice, crisp/cool evenings & mornings with pleasant temps mid day. If it wasn't for my allergies, I would really be loving it & spending lots of time outside. Instead, I've had multiple migraines triggered by these darn allergies, our vehicles are now tinted green from a heavy dusting of pollen each day, and I feel like a zombie from the meds I am on to control the allergies (and not get the migraines).

But enough whining from me, how is everyone doing?? I've missed everyone, and wanted to check in today before I take my zombie behavior meds for the day. Once I take them, it takes me several hours before I can coherently think let alone type out comments or anything else. I function, but not enough to make sense to anyone else. This week has been jammed pack of stuff at work & home, and I'm glad it's Friday. We have church tonight & tomorrow morning, but plan on skipping Saturday midnight service. It's just too late to have Mark out. It's orthodox Easter this weekend, and Mark is really excited with it this year. I have his basket of goodies planned out and will have it all ready for him on Sunday morning along with hiding eggs and that fun stuff. If my allergies keep subsiding (they're getting a little better each day), we plan on taking him to the zoo on Sunday afternoon. The following weekend, we'll have a bbq to celebrate his bday. He turned 3 yesterday!!! I am amazed how fast these years have gone. It seems like just yesterday he was this itty bitty baby, and now he's a big boy. For those of you on my facebook, you've seen the pics I posted yesterday, but I just love to share them again here to.

Itty Bitty Mark

and Birthday Boy Mark.

We're choosing to celebrate Easter this weekend, so his bday celebration will be delayed this year until next Saturday, May 11th. He really wants a Lightening McQueen cake, so I'm trying to figure out if I can actually do that. I am not a baker here, not at all.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 5th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hey ladies! Sorry I've been so MIA this week. It's been crazy busy here!

Nicole - 88 degrees sounds absolutely amazing right now! Hopefully winter will finally be over for us. Scrapping stuff sounds like a lot of fun! I'd pay for a babysitter for a day (or 2) so that I could have a day (or 2) to do nothing but scrap if I had $100!

Becky - Great to see you! So sorry your allergies have been so bad lately. (((HUGS))) Sounds like you have some great plans for Orthodox Easter and Mark's birthday!! A Lightning McQueen party sounds like a lot of fun! I can't believe he is 3 already!!

AFM - Like I said, it has been a crazy busy week. Wednesday we spent most of the day on the road (Had some problems with one of the bulls we bought this year and had to haul the bull all they way down to the guy we bought him from so that his vet could look at him). It was snowing and super crappy weather that day. I spent all day Thursday cooking to feed 14-15 people the next day. Also had to clean as they would be eating inside. Kendra also had soccer practice that day and I had a long list of errands to run in town. Was up until 11:30 prepping for the next day. Friday we gave the cows their vaccinations and branded calves. A full day of being on your feet. I was exhausted by the end of the day and super sore! It was a beautiful day though. Saturday morning was Kendra's last soccer game for the season. Really really chilly North wind...blah. My mom came out and spent the day with me and the kids. She gave me my birthday present...Lot's more Stampin' Up stuff! Now I just need to get down there and use everything! Today is my birthday. Officially 32. It's been an okay day, nothing special. Just the same old same old.....cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids, DH working, etc. DH did decide we should go out to eat tonight though, kids too. So we are meeting some friends and their kids for supper at the new Mexican food restaurant in town. I've been totally slacking on counting calories and working out this last week. So need to jump back on that bandwagon tomorrow.

May 14th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Hi ladies! We have been pretty quiet this month, especially me. I feel a little better today and wanted to check in to see how everyone was doing. We had a small bday party for Mark on Saturday, and I'm uploading a few pics to photobucket now. He was so happy to have his friends over and the rain actually held off just for the few hours that everyone was there and we could enjoy the deck.

So what is everyone up to?

May 14th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Becky - I'm glad the weather cooperated for Mark's birthday!

Me, super busy as usual. Kendra gets out of school next Wednesday. Spent most of last week trying to plan out extra curricular activities for her for the summer...still kind of working on it actually. She will be doing 4-H, t-ball (June only), Dance, and maybe swimming lessons. She also has a summer work book for school and am looking at doing the libraries summer reading program with her once I get more info. I've also been making arrangements to get her a new pet...a goat. DH is finally planting corn but has been doing a lot of whining about how late it is. I've been running to town for him to pick up parts quite a bit. Been trying to help keep his dad from bothering him so have started a project with him. We are building the kids a new sandbox (with a lid that folds into benches). I'm also supposed to be in charge of crafts at today's 4-H meeting. We are making picture frames out of large popsicle sticks and then decorating them. Finally got some nice spring weather this last week so spent some time outside mowing the lawn, pulling some weeds, and watering the lawn. Pretty much my life in a nut shell right now.

May 14th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I have the internet again!! lol

May 14th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Wow, Kelsey! You have so much going on!! I can't wait to hear how the 4-H craft works out. And what type of sandbox are you building? We want to build one for Mark and I love the idea of a lid folding into benches.

Brittanie - yay for having your internet back!!

May 15th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Hi ladies! Happy hump day!! I hope we are all ready for the crop tomorrow. I have Friday & Monday off work (except for 2 hours of work on Monday) so between having fun with Mark and cleaning in the basement, I hope to find some scrappy time here & there. Besides, my scrappy area is IN the basement, and I'm sure I'll need to take some breaks here and there from cleaning.

May 15th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Brittanie - Hooray for having internet back!

Me- The 4-H craft went great....the leading, not so much. I had asked DH's mom to watch Josh during that time over a month ago and also checked up with her twice between then and the meeting to make sure it would still work. I emphisized how important it was too. Saturday evening rolls around and she backs out on me. Couldn't find a replacement sitter and DH is still having some trouble with the planter so couldn't leave Josh with him. So had to take Josh to the meeting. He broke someone's gel cooled glass and then cried and screamed for the first half of the crafts. He didn't like me paying more attention to the other kids I guess. So ended up doing more shuffling the kids from station to station than leading the crafts. The picture frames went over great however! I had drawn up some templates so the people hot gluing could assemble them quickly. I had some parents come up after the meeting and ask if they could have one of my templates so that they could make some frames with their other kids. I took pics of my example frame and Kendra's frame and will post them in the pages and projects thread later. Now to prepare for her vocal concert tomorrow, Field Day on Monday, and last day of school on Wednesday. Need to also print out a summer calendar so that I can plan out her summer bridge book lessons, reading slots, and extracurricular activities. Then I can keep that on the side of the fridge for easy reference. Hopefully that will make the summer go a little smoother. While I am at it I should just try to plan out my days too. Maybe that way I can also get in everything I would like/need to do. Looking forward to the crop! I think I will spend a little time today organizing my scrappy space so that I am ready for it!

May 15th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Forgot to answer your question about the sandbox Becky.

We are building this one: Ana White | Build a Sand box with built-in seats | Free and Easy DIY Project and Furniture Plans

but using the measurements from this site (will make the play area a little bigger): DIY Sandbox with Lid & Benches | Stately Kitsch

Same sandbox, just different measurements and thicknesses of wood in the base.

May 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Been MIA.... Think Nicole stole my scrappy mojo Either that or doing all the collages has burned me out.. I love they way they look but they are also so boring..

Things are pretty normal here.. Ellie only has 2 days left of school (this Thurs and next Tues) Cant believe Pre-k will be over for her..

The kids have me ran rugged most of the time.. Plus trying to squeeze in work out time.. Just tired..

Hopefully Ill find time to scrap soon

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
May 18th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Kelsey - those are cool looking sandboxes. I've seen the 1st one on pinterest too. I had showed that one to DH then, and he was not keen on doing the lids. I love the folding lids into bench seats, but he didn't. (stubborn men) But I guess I can't complain to much, he is talking about making the sandbox, and also a train table for Mark. DH isn't a builder, so this may get interesting these projects.

Robin - I hope you find you scrappy mojo and scrappy time soon. I definitely understand being tired too. I feel like I need another 4 hours to my days, especially trying to fit in workout time along with work and spending some quality time with Mark and DH. There's not enough hours to the days.

And with me, I'm been a very busy little bee these past couple of days. Daycare is closed for a long weekend, so I took off work Friday & this coming Monday. Monday I have to go in for 2 hours to get the new trainee class started and do their new hire paperwork, but I'll be home other then that. So I had decided this weekend would be organize basement time, which includes moving my scrap area and tackling it's mess. I started yesterday cleaning things up, and started moving some furniture. I finished moving all the furniture pieces today, and now am spending time going through all my scrappy stuff, organizing, and putting things away. I am happy to say that I've gotten A LOT done and I really like this setup better then I had it previously. It is more user friendly, I feel things are better organized and should be easier to keep it organized, and I now have the scrappy table right next to the computer so I can more easily use the CCR along with the cricut. I also moved some of the other furniture around to and opened up alot of space for Mark to play to. He is thrilled and he was a huge help to me. I wondered how I would get much done since he started not napping for us at home months ago. Surprisingly I got alot done even with him. Some of the time, he wanted to help so I gave him little stuff to carry and move. The rest of the time, he was content to play behind me on the floor with his trains, cars, etc. And once I moved the couch & loveseat to opposite walls instead of the L shape they used to be in, he started riding his tricycle up & down the room. It's a long skinny room so he has plenty of room and a lot more open space with the new furniture set up this way. And since it was raining most of the day today, this was a great way for him to burn off some energy.

Now beyond the basement scrappy area organization, yesterday, Friday, we also had Mark's 3 year checkup at his doctor. Overall the doctor was very happy with him, and Mark was so great in doing everything she asked. Answered questions, hopped on 1 foot for her, followed the nurse to other room to be measured for height, etc. So cute watching him listen and interact with them. With his measurements, our little peanut has now reached 13 percentile for height. Lol! He's 35 1/4 inches tall and weighs just under 29 pounds. Everything was great, and since he was so cooperative, the doc wanted to try this vision test called a VEP exam. To everyone's surprise, Mark failed it. So Friday afternoon, I ended up spending several hours looking through the online provider listing to see what eye doctors/ophthalmologists are covered under my vision insurance that specialize in pediatric exams. I couldn't find one close by in the network, so we've decided to go to the one the doctor recommended and we'll pay out of pocket and submit claim for reimbursement. Has anyone else's little one failed the vision VEP test? I "thought" Mark's vision was good, he's always seeing these tiny things across the room with no problem (like the ant crawling on the sidewalk) and he loves to sit with his books and read them to so he seems to see near & far okay. This VEP exam today wasn't a typical eye exam, no chart on the wall. They attached 3 leads to his head & covered up one eye at a time with a patch while they showed first an animal it got smaller then lots of black & white lines scrolling down screen. 4 or 5 sets then switched to covering other eye. The nurse said it was kind of like an ekg. I had never seen an exam like this. Mark followed her instructions good and sat up straight and watched the screen. It looked like he did the test right, but it could have been a fluke fail result to. Or the doctor said it could just be one eye is weaker and the other is compensating for it. He doesn't look like he has a lazy eye when you look at him though. I had horrible vision & was very near sighted. I started wearing glasses before I was 7 or 8. I had the lasik surgery in 2000, so I am thankfully out of glasses and contacts now. I really hope he didn't inherit my bad eye genes. Has anyone else had this test done with their children? I'm trying not to stress out over it right now, at least not until I know what we're dealing with. I'll be calling Monday morning to get an appointment for him as soon as possible. In the meantime, reorganizing the basement is a great distraction. Tomorrow, I should be done and then hope to get some scrappy time in.

So that's it for my rambling story of life in our household this weekend. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

May 19th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Becky - I don't think your DH would have any troubles putting together the sandbox lids. The instructions on the main site look really easy to follow. She breaks the lid down into 3-4 different steps. Neither one of our kids has had a VEP test done. Kendra has had a few appointments with our optometrist as one of her eyes gets lazy when she is tired. Josh will have his first appointment this summer. Glad you are liking your new scrappy set up! Hopefully you will get some time to scrap soon!

AFM - Nothing new here. Staying busy as usual.

Last edited by babyloves2dance; May 19th, 2013 at 08:59 AM.
May 19th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Huh where did my post from last night go?

Any way I found a cute boy embellishment.
Road Washi Tape | 15mm x 10m for $3.63 in Washi Tape - Packaging

May 20th, 2013, 06:51 AM
LOVE that washi tape!

May 20th, 2013, 02:45 PM
That is cool washi tape.

May 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Busy, Busy. Busy here! Kendra had a birthday party to go to this last Saturday. It was at the city park. Took both Kendra and Josh. They had a great time playing and were definitely ready for bed that night. Got stuck in a thunderstorm while we were in town and spent a while at a friends house while it cleared up. There was some golfball size hail...luckily not much and none of it hit our car. Sunday was rainy. The in-laws watched the kids and DH and I went on a day trip. Monday Kendra had her school field day and Josh and I went in to cheer her on. Yesterday the school had Kindergarten graduation, so was in town again. Took the kids to play in the park afterward. Josh bumped the back of his head once and then hit his teeth on the slide. His gums were bleeding so may or may not have killed or damaged the nerve in his tooth. Hoping no damage was done anyway. Tooth was still in pretty tight - not wiggly. Have to work with cows today. I did get some projects done that I need to upload to the pages and projects thread though! Will try to do that later. Need to get going now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search