Scrapbooking Fears

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2013, 09:06 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Janessa - I definitely recommend getting renter insurance. It's usually very cheap and worthwhile. Your landlord's insurance is the bare bones, and won't cover any of your things.

I like the idea of videotaping rooms, great suggestion, Kelsey. With pics or video, I would probably update once a year or so, or sooner if things change. For the scrappy stuff, what I've done so far with mine is I have an itemized Excel Spreadsheet of all my cricut cartridges, working on a list of my cuttlebug stuff and will begin itemizing all the other scrappy stuff I have. By themselves (other then the cricut stuff), they're not that expensive, but add them all up together and I know I have several 1000s of dollars. Even the organizer cubes that I store them in. It all adds up. DH & I also have a huge DVD collection, so I also want to itemize that on an Excel spreadsheet to. And keep all spreadsheets, pics/videos, etc. at the safe box at the bank. I never thought much about any of this until what my friend went through. 2 years later, she still hasn't gotten full reimbursement from them.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 10th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm looking into an off-site back up that will continuously back up my computers, which have all of our pictures on it plus picture of all my scrappy pages. One of my clients is an insurance company and it's suggested that you do the whole serial number and picture thing at least once a year. Obviously if you get a really expensive tv or sound system you should get the serial numbers and pictures right away, but for just basic personal belongings doing a video once a year is usually sufficient.

June 10th, 2013, 08:50 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becky - That is a great idea to itemize everything in the scrap room. I really should do that! Especially where mom and I have exchanged cricut carts. I would hate for her to not get paid for what I have in my scrap room.

Jessica - That is the first I have heard about serial numbers. I'll have to remember that.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 12th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Our home owner insurance is set for a dollar amount, I think 100k to replace our trailer and all household items. Over and above that we could insure individual items of value, like our solar panels and system once that is set up, jewelry, or camera equipment. The only thing we really have is our food storage. I think our insurance is different because there is no mortgage.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search