Scrapbooking Fears

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 09:02 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is there anything in the world of scrapbooking that scares/intimidates you....cutting your pictures, certain techniques, crossing the crack, etc. What are they?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 7th, 2013, 09:54 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmm not that I can think of...probably something I don't know about yet, but I can't think of anything right now that I wouldn't be willing to at least try

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

June 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crossing the crack is hard for me, and also cutting up my pictures in shapes other then squares, rectangles & circles. And I've never tried distressing a picture either.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 7th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There are a few techniques that I'd like to try, but afraid to do.....like the picture transfer thing from a Technique Tuesday awhile back and I'd also like to try using water with ink - spritzing I think it's called. But totally afraid of ruining something I can't fix.

June 7th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I can't actually think of anything off the top of my head. lol

June 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am pretty laid back about my pages, but I am not big on cutting pictures and distressing pictures. I think the cutting pictures is a manifestation of lazy/ fast scrapping.

My scrappy fear has more to do with running out of stuff, particularly adhesive. I have somethings like photo corners from chatterbox that when they are gone that is it, the company went out of business a long time ago and the new company with that name isn't going to make them just for me. I haven't seen Heidi swapp acrylic paint in a long long time not sure I could replace that when it is gone.

June 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
For me, crossing the crack is very intimidating (the main reason I haven't tried it yet). Also, drawing on my pictures scares me.

I am also a bit intimidated by overlapping my pictures. LOL! I almost never like how it looks with my pictures and I am always worried I am going to cover up something important. I have managed to do a few pages with overlapping pictures....but they took me A LOT longer to do! LOL!

June 7th, 2013, 06:42 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Cutting pictures scares me! Like I really want to cut pictures into a title but I'm afraid I'll mess up! I think I'll try it with a scenic picture.. probably one from our Cali Vacation.. I printed way too many pictures so I'm not too afraid of messing them up!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

June 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Janessa, that is exactly why the first page I cut pics into letters was scenic ones of Greece. This double page layout. I had so many pics of the beautiful water so I was easily able to arrange the pics on the cricut mat and then just chose big bulky letters to cut the title.

Also see that I crossed the crack with a pic too. Again, much easier to do that with a scenic pic then one with people in it.

June 7th, 2013, 08:41 PM
That's why I cut letters from pictures with a stencil. I can put it exactly where I want it, without miscutting because I put the cricut in the wrong place. lol

June 7th, 2013, 08:54 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
I cant really think of anything.. When I first read the title the very first thing that came to mind was house fire and losing everything.. not quite the same as what was asked.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
June 7th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinX02 View Post
I cant really think of anything.. When I first read the title the very first thing that came to mind was house fire and losing everything.. not quite the same as what was asked.
Me too!!! well, about being afraid of losing everything. Seriously

June 7th, 2013, 09:50 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Me too!!! well, about being afraid of losing everything. Seriously
For a while I was being really good about putting my external hard drive in our fire safe safe but then I forget to. Losing everything in a fire would be horrible but losing pictures be down right the worse!! (you know, of materialistic items)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
June 8th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
That is why every single picture is printed from Sam's club so everything is backed up there. Most my older pages and all my new ones are posted online for that reason. I had tons posted at the scraproom but she deleted a bunch so there is a gap there. No it won't be the same but better than a poke in the eye.

June 8th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Robin, that is one of my fears too. I keep saying I'm going to sort through all my pics and back them up. I've backed them up here & there, but not consistently. It's one of my projects for the summer I hope to get to, back all of them up and store at our safe box at the bank. I also thoroughly recommend everyone keep an itemized list of their scrappy items and any other items of value at the house along with serial numbers, model numbers, receipts of pricy items, etc. A friend of mine lost everything to a fire a couple of years back, and she got quite a bit of flack from the insurance company regarding payment for the personal items. They wanted "proof" that she downed 2 play stations, 100 movies, stuff like that. She ended up asking her friends for any pics they had of her house that may show the various electronics, movies on the shelf, etc. It was horrible to go through that along with losing her entire house.

June 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Wow, Becky, what a shame to have to go through all that and have to proove that you owned what you owned. I mean its bad enough they lost their house.

Everything I've printed in the last 5 years or so should still be online somewhere... either Wal Mart, Shutterfly, Costco, or Snapfish. Then there's everything that's on Facebook and MySpace. And photobucket. And all the scrappy pages here which of course are also on PB. Then there's pictures that my family has. A lot of times when there's big events we make each other CDs.

So... yes it would absolutely suck to lose all my pictures and albums, but we would still have copies of many of them somewhere. Really I should do something about the albums that Clint's mom made for him because there aren't copies of those anywhere. I mean I'm sure she still has pictures of his childhood but you know.

Becky makes a good point.. wouldn't hurt to take pictures of like our entertainment center and furniture and things. We don't have a ton of really expensive things but it wouldn't hurt to have proof of what we do have. Although probably doesn't matter without renters insurance huh? Maybe we should look into that!

Follow Me!

June 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Losing everything in a fire is definitely one of my biggest fears! Our insurance guy gave us a pamphlet on what we should do to prepare (like taking inventory and pictures, etc), but I have never gotten around to it....that was 3 years ago. Something I really should get done.

June 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I wonder how often you should take pictures? I mean if I had pictures that were 2 years old, a lot could change in that amount of time. And like pictures of scrappy stuff... we go through that fast! But I was just thinking if I was to ever get around to doing that, I'd take pictures of my albums, papers, etc. Not like individually but to get an idea of the amount of stuff I have.

Follow Me!

June 8th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure, book doesn't tell me that or how often to update the list in the book. It would probably be good to update everything once a year though. (I think) One thing I also heard is to video tape each room in your house instead of taking pictures.

June 8th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Interesting!

Follow Me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search