Little helpers

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those with kids, do they ever help you scrap any of your pages?
If not, why?
For those without kids, would you or do you plan on letting your kids help with any of your pages?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 8th, 2013, 03:44 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
I think I might sometimes say "should I use this paper or this paper" and that kind of thing. I don't think I'd really let them get too involved because I just think I'd be too picky about things and I want my pages to be a certain way, ya know? BUT if they show interest (and I hope they do.. at least any daughters I may have) I would love to get them started doing their own albums fairly young. I think I remember Brittanie saying that Erin scrapbooks with unused pictures and I think that's really neat! And I know that while Robin is scrapping if Ellie wants to be in there she'll give her her kid stamps and stuff and let her play. Or at least she used to, its been a while! I'm just saying I wouldn't shun them from my scrappy space but wouldn't want them doing too much to my pages either! lol

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

June 8th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I actually took a series of pictures of Patrick helping me. He helped me choose paper, he helped me take the backs off my photo mounts. I let him help me hold the pictures to "place" them. And he handed me the letters that I then glued on. He felt he was really involved, but he wasn't *actually* doing anything important.

June 8th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I never really have my kids help at all ever. They are my pages, but if they are interested I allow them to scrapbook usually from about two and a half, mostly with stickers. My older daughter was a fully independent scrapper from about five or six with her own tools and papers.

If your a member at the scrap room you can see Quinn's gallery.
http://www.scrap-room.com/srforum/in...mage&img=13551

Last edited by Happy Song; June 8th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
June 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I actually took a series of pictures of Patrick helping me. He helped me choose paper, he helped me take the backs off my photo mounts. I let him help me hold the pictures to "place" them. And he handed me the letters that I then glued on. He felt he was really involved, but he wasn't *actually* doing anything important.
That's really cute! I would let them help like that for sure!!

A summer or two ago I was baking cookies for a birthday party or something and I let my nieces help me. You have to have patience for that sort of thing because of course it takes longer, but its fun to see them get into it and really want to help!

Follow Me!

June 8th, 2013, 09:14 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now, Mark is more interested in taking my things. Lil stinker took my corner rounder punch again, I had just found it last month, and had to go looking for it again. This time it was in the back of his crazy coupe car.

As far as helping, if he wants to, I'm up for it. When our niece visits, she loves to scrapbook with me. I don't really do much, but she loves to push the buttons on the cricut/gypsy for me, pull the mats off, and get the cut items off the mats. She's also really good at layering the cuts together. I also leave a stack of paper that I don't really care for, plus stickers, chipboard, glue sticks, etc just out for her. Last visit, she discovered the cuttlebug & embossing folders. Her and Mark spent hours embossing scrap paper. We had quite a few lime green embossed snowmen that day.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 8th, 2013, 09:54 PM
That's so cute Becky! How old is your niece? This is why I need a daughter! Well.. one of the many reasons!

Follow Me!

June 9th, 2013, 06:20 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never really had my kids help me with my pages or cards, but they both make cards on their own and Hailey has made a chipboard album of her own and she has her own cuttlekids (cuttlebug for kids) with her own dies. They both use my stamps and papers too

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

June 9th, 2013, 11:57 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never really had my kids help too much. If we are making something for a teacher then I have let Kendra help with some of the assembly or pick out colors or something. They never use my supplies though. Kendra has her own edging scissors and stickers and loves to make her own cards right now. She can be a bit independent and not listen to directions at times, so am very nervous about letting her help with one of my pages. Maybe someday when she is a little older we can scrap together more.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 10th, 2013, 01:43 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
I do not let them actually help my on my pages.. But I do give Ellie or Garrett a 12x12 paper and paper scraps, punch outs, etc and let them glue them down however they like on their own papers.. Ellie enjoys this..

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
June 10th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't really let Jaylen "help" me. I've asked her to choose between pictures and she's really helped me on some cards....but those were actually "from" her. She's got her own craft box but that mostly consists of her cutting itty bitty pieces of paper and leaving them all over the floor, she'll use her stamps that I've (or Santa) have gotten her from the dollar store and of course there are stickers. Since the family room has been really torn apart she hasn't played much because her desk is currently sitting in the garage...but soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search