Paper Scraps

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 07:14 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some of the answers to Tiffany's layers post got me thinking.....

What do you keep as scraps?
Do you keep everything or do you have an approximate size scrap that you consider too small?
How do you store your scraps?
Any tips for storing scraps that you would like to share?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
What do you keep as scraps? Probably too much. But definitely if it's 10-12" on one side, and bigger than 2" on the other.
Do you keep everything or do you have an approximate size scrap that you consider too small? I generally don't keep anything I can't get a decent title out of. I like my letters 1" or thereabouts, so if it's 3" or so by 10-12" I'll keep it. Anything much smaller than that...can't do much with.
How do you store your scraps? I have an accordion folder with 12 pockets. It can fit a 12"x~9" piece no problem.
Any tips for storing scraps that you would like to share? I try to keep them organized by color, so I don't have to dig through everything to find a piece.

June 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some of the answers to Tiffany's layers post got me thinking.....

What do you keep as scraps? pretty much everything
Do you keep everything or do you have an approximate size scrap that you consider too small? no nothing is too small
How do you store your scraps? in a drawer
Any tips for storing scraps that you would like to share? can't think of anything

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

June 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you keep as scraps? Almost everything.
Do you keep everything or do you have an approximate size scrap that you consider too small? I've been trying to get better about not keeping scraps that are too small. If they are long strips 1/2 inch wide or wider I will keep those. I also keep anything that is about 1 1/2 inch square. Anything I can get a punch out of or use for smaller cricut cuts (like on cricut embellies)
How do you store your scraps? I have them sorted by color in folders that have 3 different sized pockets. I can sort my scraps by size that way too. 3 folders go into a 12x12 magazine type holder. I have 4 of the 12x12 magazine type holders on my shelves next to all my other paper.
Any tips for storing scraps that you would like to share? If you use a paper or scrap for a punch or cricut cut, Trim off the cut part so you have a nice square/rectangle to work with. The smooth edges makes the paper neater to store and is also nice when you want to pull out a scrap for using with your cricut! It's amazing how much bulk it took out of my scrap paper folders when I went through and trimmed everything up.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 22nd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
What do you keep as scraps? well all my papers are grouped together in matched groups in a plastic sleeve so I keep everything larger than my flower punch or 1x1 inch.

Do you keep everything or do you have an approximate size scrap that you consider too small? smaller than my flower punch

How do you store your scraps? initially in a plastic sleeve, once the group is used up, then in 12x12 drawers

Any tips for storing scraps that you would like to share?once upon a time I stored scraps by size. Three sizes I thing 12 inch side, bigger than 4x6 and smaller than 4x6

June 22nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
What do you keep as scraps? everything usually
Do you keep everything or do you have an approximate size scrap that you consider too small? depends on the pattern or colors of the paper.. its different all the time
How do you store your scraps? in big rubbermaid drawers.. I had the colors divided into ziplock backs by colors but they are pretty much all dumped out
Any tips for storing scraps that you would like to share? nope

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
June 23rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you keep as scraps? I keep alot of scraps. I am trying to get better at tossing, especially the small pieces. Do you keep everything or do you have an approximate size scrap that you consider too small? it varies depending on the pattern. Also depends on what I'm working on & what pages are lined up. I have small mini punches that are great for using even the smallest scraps for.

How do you store your scraps? I have them sorted by color and in Ziploc bags then in a accordion pocket.

Any tips for storing scraps that you would like to share? Sorting by color makes it easier to find and use scraps. When I had them dumped in a plastic drawer I would get frustrated searching for a color that I oftentimes grabbed a new sheet of paper and ended up with more scraps.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search