Scrapbooking Nursing?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BeckyM

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2013, 10:16 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Would it be weird/creepy/awkward to do a page about nursing?? In my book or his?? I kinda love nursing. I love the way he looks up at me when he's still awake. He looks around and makes all these faces. I feel like he's smiling. And I have at least one picture where you can't see anything. So thoughts? Anyone ever scrap about nursing?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

June 30th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have two pages that I recently posted in the show me a page topic where I am breastfeeding. One discreet the other you can see everything. I find nothing wrong with it, but then I have a frame by frame page of Scarlett being born that I have shared on here before.

I think that you should definitely scrapbook it and if it outside your comfort zone add the more graphic picture in a hidden part so you still have the pictures.
June 30th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
If you want to, go for it! I never have, but that's because I'm an ultra modest person. lol That, and I actually don't really enjoy nursing. So...yeah.

But you scrap whatever you're comfortable scrapping. And put it in either book. If you think he'd think it was weird when he got older, then only include pictures you can't see anything in.

June 30th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will totally scrap some of mine when ever I figure out how to get them off my old BlackBerry. I think I would put them in a book for me thought just in case he would be embarrassed by them.

July 1st, 2013, 12:50 AM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
I would do it in both books. The kids already going to be embarressed by all the bath tun/ naked pics. And its up to you the kid of pics you scrap. I know if Ellie's book my mom scrapped hospital pics of me nursing. Pretty sure I may have with Garrett too. Its normal

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
July 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM
Think of it this way Zane will be a child 12,years, a teen 7 years and an adult forever! My teenage boys were not interested in their baby albums as teens either.

July 1st, 2013, 10:50 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally see nothing wrong with scrapping nursing pics. I would put them in both books.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

July 1st, 2013, 10:56 AM
Thanks girls. I'm sure I'll at least do it in my book.

I'm also still trying to decide how to do his. I think all the journaling will be like I'm talking to him. Kinda like how in mine I'll say "Clint and I...." In his I'll say "Your daddy and I..." and "When you were born.." Its just easier for me to do it that way, and then he always has my thoughts to him like that.

Follow Me!

July 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
I always end my journaling "love mommy"
July 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it would be fine to scrap nursing pics. I don't think I have many pics of Mark nursing - I wish I did, but it was mainly just me & him home those 4 months and it's hard to get good pics that way. I may have 1 or 2 from my angle. Once I went back to work, it was pumping during most daylight hours and only nursing at night time and early morning so never got any good nursing pics. I think boys in general get embarrassed with all the pics taken, so I look at this as scrapping mainly for me. So I would definitely put them in.

Nicole - those are great pages!!
Happy Song likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
July 2nd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree that there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're comfortable with it....or you could hide some of the more exposing ones. I've got one where I was pumping one side and breastfeeding on the other side so there's a lot showing so I made it a hidden picture that's at the top of the page with a little pull tab so you don't have to take the page out of the sleeve to see it and that way it's not out in the open for just anybody to see it if they happen to look at the album.

It's not showing here, but there's a pull tab at the top that says "Pull" and it has a picture of "Double Pumping Mama" with the date.

July 2nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanessaFaith View Post
I'm also still trying to decide how to do his. I think all the journaling will be like I'm talking to him. Kinda like how in mine I'll say "Clint and I...." In his I'll say "Your daddy and I..." and "When you were born.." Its just easier for me to do it that way, and then he always has my thoughts to him like that.
I used to do this. And then I sort of settled in a "we" sort of idea. Now it's only directly to them when it's a letter specifically to them. But the journaling just explaining the pictures? "we decided to do this, and then mom said this, and Erin said this, and Patrick did this" Since I'm scrapping for so many books, it confuses me if I try to do it directly to who the book is for, I don't always remember when I'm doing the page (I've tried to put pages in the wrong books before).

July 2nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it would be fine to scrap nursing pictures. I don't think I have any of my kids nursing. Where it is something that makes you happy and you want to remember it, then I'd say definitely do it!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 2nd, 2013, 10:48 AM
When I forst read the title, late at night I was thinking you were going to ask about breastfeeding while scrapbooking. All i could think was wow she is rocking this, I couldn't do anything but hold boobies with any of my kids for at least three months!!! and here she is with her new born wanting to scrap and nurse whoa wee! Go mama.
July 2nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
When I forst read the title, late at night I was thinking you were going to ask about breastfeeding while scrapbooking. All i could think was wow she is rocking this, I couldn't do anything but hold boobies with any of my kids for at least three months!!! and here she is with her new born wanting to scrap and nurse whoa wee! Go mama.
I thought that too. lol

I admit, I did with Allison, but that's because she was just good. I could get my boppy in just the right spot and didn't need any hands.

July 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
LOL I wish!!

My boobs are too big, I definitely need one hand!

Follow Me!

July 2nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately, big boobs have never been a problem I've had

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search