July Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 07:01 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tamara - those are GREAT pics & I look forward to seeing you scrap them. I'm sure having your DH home disrupts your normal routine, and it must be good to get back to normal now.

AFM - With me being home this week, it's been odd as I'm used to working Monday through Friday, but it's also been nice to relax some too for a change. And Wednesday & I hope today my coworkers have left me alone. I expect next week will be busy playing catchup, but it'll be worth it. I have 5 bags of clothing to drop off at the donation site, so I've been making progress. Other then that, nothing else going on beyond staying cool & hydrated with the heat & humidity here again.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
July 5th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Oh my goodness I'm so tired. But I've reached the point where there's an actual, visible difference.
BeckyM likes this.

July 5th, 2013, 01:37 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Only the 5th and I am already super behind on this thread! I've managed to keep up on reading it, but just haven't had the time to reply. Actually yesterday I had started to reply and was about 3/4 through with replying to all the posts when DH called and needed help with the cattle. I wasn't able to get back on after that. He was in a terrible mood yesterday, so I spent the day keeping the kids from bugging him, preparing to go into town, and cleaning while he watched tv and played computer games. I'll try to re-type my reply if I get more time later.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 6th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Hi ladies! It was another hot & miserable day here today, so we ended up skipping the fireworks in town. Hopefully next year, we'll enjoy them with Mark. We did take Mark to try out a kids gym this morning, and he loved it. So we went ahead and signed up for a 12 week membership for classes on Saturday morning starting July 27th. It'll be good for him being around other kids, and also learning to take instructions from other adults, prepping him for preschool and then school. He's in daycare, but it's a home-based one and over the summer, he's the only full-time kid there, so he doesn't get a lot of socialization. I'm sure he's going to love it.

July 7th, 2013, 01:11 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
We had a great 4th (aside from the big break between the parade and evening activities) The kids got to enjoy a great firework show.

Ellie's B-day was great also. She got spoiled by her Nanas & Papas, Aunties, Uncles & Cousins and her friend too. Cannot believe my little girl is 5 yrs old! sure goes fast.

And I just love this picture of Janessa & Baby Zane so much, I had to share <3

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
July 7th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Great pics, Robin!!

July 7th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Did paint touchups tonight. Apparently there are two DIFFERENT colors of tan. I had no idea until I tried to match paint colors. They're nearly identical, and I would have thought it was accidental (needed more paint, went to get more without taking the can, but didn't actually remember the color and didn't quite get the same one) but the placement seems too purposeful to me. It made trying to find the right paint colors REALLY annoying.

July 7th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Robin I love your pictures and Zane is adorable.

Tomorrow is my big glucose test, I never had gestational diabetes before but at my last appointment I had sugar in my urine. My OB said to "eat healthy, no grain, eat meat and vegetables." I am almost a whole month wheat free, but I have determined my addictions are chocolate and ice cream.

Tomorrow while in town I am picking up my 4th of July pictures. I will hopefully be picking up some paper and a few stickers too. Doing so many pages really cuts into the scrappy supplies!

July 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Becky - Sorry it is so hot and miserable there. I hope you are able to enjoy the fireworks with Mark next year. That's awesome that Mark liked the gym! I hope he has a great time in his classes!

Robin - Great pics! Can't wait to see the pages you create with them!

Brittanie - Sorry the paint touch-ups have been so difficult.

Nicole - Hope your appointment went well!! I hope you get a lot of great scrappy supplies too!

AFM - Everything is hitting all at once here. We are currently trying to wean calves, cut wheat, cultivate beans and irrigate corn on top of all the other everyday stuff. Kendra will be starting swimming lessons tomorrow morning and then has a 4-H meeting tomorrow afternoon. Then she starts dance classes Wednesday morning. I've been itching to get down and do some scrapping...or at least make a few cards, for a couple of days now. But have been trying to catch up on all the housework that I got behind on the last couple of weeks. I think I am pretty well caught back up to schedule now though. I'm super sore right now. Been totally slacking on my exercising and haven't exercised in about 3-4 weeks now. Then Saturday, I brought home the beef and a half we just had butchered (the other 1/2 went with a friend and I met them in town to deliver theirs). I got to carry 12 of the cardboard flats of meat (basically a large cardboard box with handles that the butcher puts the packaged meat in for storage) down the stairs in the old house to put the meat in the freezer. Each flat weighed between 75-100 pounds. Not all of the meat fit, so got to carry 4 flats back up the stairs and bring them over to the new house. Managed to fit all the meat in there after nearly emptying the thing and putting some of the store bought products into our refrigerator freezer. So all in all, I basically got to carry 20 flats of meat and organize 3 freezers all by myself. Felt like I was being punished for something! Next time we get a calf butchered, DH IS going to be around to help me unload it! Oh...and for anyone who would like an update on the raccoon situation, we are now up to 11.

July 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Pictures taken! In a day or two we'll be listed.

July 9th, 2013, 08:08 AM
My appointment went great, no results from my glucose test but no sugar in my urine, my bp was down I lost three pounds. I asked about my diet and was given a packet and it is a paleo diet.

As for scrAppy stuff I got $10 worth of pictures, or enough for 16 pages. I picked up some stuff special for scrapbuilders. Then a couple of blingy thingys.

Wayne is on his second trip to the plumbing store this morning. At least I am not the one crawling under the house.

July 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Hopefully he can get those plumbing issues fixed quickly, Nicole! And scrapbuilders stuff sounds fun!

July 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
So the plumbing store is next to a security office, the first trip dh was too annoyed to go check in with them. The second trip he popped in to see if they had anything, he was gone two hours and came home with a job! M-F full time, making decent money for our family.
Jessica C and babyloves2dance like this.

July 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
woohoo!! congrats to Wayne!

July 9th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Nicole - congrats to Wayne & glad appointment went well. and always Yay for new scrappy stuff.

Brittanie - I can't wait to hear that your place is listed!! I hope it sells quickly.

Kelsey - ((Hugs)) I don't know how you keep up with it all, especially with it all hitting you at one time. Good luck & I do hope you find some scrappy time soon.

AFM, as I expected, work is super busy playing catchup . But I did get a new computer installed today. Yay! Only a couple of glitches, but tomorrow I should have all that fixed and be fully functioning. I expect it to remain busy all week, and then I'm only working a couple of days next week. BIL, SIL & kids will be here the 18th through the 22nd. They are moving to England and we're their last stop before they leave the country so it's hard to say when we will have a chance to see them again. I've offered to watch their 2 kids while they take care of some things here plus see some of their friends. That way, I can get some quality time with the kids and also get some pics. It's hard to get many pics with BIL & SIL, it's a complicated relationship with them so things can get stressful when we're together too long. Sad but true. The kids are simply adorable & I hate that Mark won't see his cousins for a very long time after this visit. Hannah & Mark have a blast together, and now that the baby is walking now I expect all 3 to have fun together. SIL is funny sometimes, so she may not want her kids in the sandbox with Mark (which we hope to finish this weekend), but if she's not here I'm sure they'll be out in it. So that's it for my world right now. Off to try to scrap some tonight before bedtime. I really want to match my page total from last month (20) so I need to get busy before all the company gets here.

July 9th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Oh Becky I hope you get some scrAppy time in. And get some cute cousin pictures too.

Brittanie thank you

Afm: I need to go to sleep, I have to baby sit my kids tomorrow.

July 10th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Brittanie - I hope your house sells quickly!

Nicole - Hooray for new scrappy goodies! Glad your appointment went well! Congrats to Wayne on the job!

Becky - Sorry work is so hectic! Hooray for the new computer though! Have fun with the kids! That's a bummer that Mark won't get to see his cousins much after that.

AFM - It's been an interesting morning. Kendra had ballet at 9 this morning and was supposed to have swimming lessons right after. As we were heading out the door, my cell phone rang. It was the pool calling to let us know that they were canceling swim lessons this morning because a really bad storm was supposed to be going through and they didn't want anyone to get stuck in town with large hail. Came back inside and had DH look at the radar. Yeah, there was some precipitation, but it didn't look very bad at all. We decided that we would go ahead and drive to town for dance (they are only 4 week long summer sessions, so you kind of hate to miss any of them). Got to town and within 30 minutes the sky was clear and it was starting to get hot and muggy.....only a sprinkle on the way into town. So.....really no need to call of swim lessons. Kendra had a private ballet class as the other girl that is signed up was on vacation. She had a great time, but was super disappointed about swimming lessons being called off. Got home and went on a search for 2 of our kittens...Kendra found them hiding in a pipe. They must have got caught out in the storm last night and instead of running to the dog house for shelter, took off and hid in the pipe instead.

July 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Congrats to Wayne Nicole, I hope he likes his new job.

Kelsey, I hear you with moving those meat boxes. It is so not fun. You are super mom! Kendra sounds like she will be busy. I miss 4-H I should really enroll Ryland in it, I was an 11 year member. However it's just not the same being in a big city club and being in a small town one like I was.

Becky, Yay for a new computer! I hope you get some wonderful pictures of Mark and his Cousins.

Brittanie I hope your house sells quickly

I'm finishing up an 8x8 album this afternoon and look forward to the crop tomorrow. I'm taking the kids to see Despicable Me 2 in the afternoon but may get to scrap in the morning. It's hot here today, so we are hanging out in the rec room where it is cooler.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

July 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Nicole - I hope you got some sleep and enjoyed babysitting your kids today.

Kelsey - bummer on swim being canceled. Glad Kendra enjoyed her dance lesson.

Tamara - Despicable 2 looks really cute. I hope you all enjoy it. And I hope you get to scrap some tomorrow morning.

AFM - I'm slowly getting caught up at work, but ended up with 2 biggie projects today too. sigh . . . seems like it's always happening that way. Mark was also just not himself tonight and when I checked his temp (cause of his fussiness and flushed cheeks) he was running a 101.9 fever. Not what I like to see at all. We gave him some Ibuprofen and it brought it down after 1/2 hour and he was back to himself. Ate a good dinner and went to bed easily. I just hope tomorrow morning he's still fine. I can't take him to daycare with a fever so that means I'll have to stay home if he's not feeling well. I usually don't mind an extra day off, but I'm still trying to get caught up from being off last week and I'm off next week for a few days once our visitors arrive so it's bad timing to take off now. I know they can't help when they get sick, so I kinda feel bad complaining about it.

July 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Well today did not go as planned. Mark was up from midnight on, spiking fevers, restless, wanting to cling to me, then to go potty, then for a drink, etc. Poor little man was miserable. I've been rotating Tylenol and Ibuprofen all day, and even ended up having doc check out his ears & throat to rule out ear infection or strep when his fever had climbed over 104. Both were negative, so that's a relief. Once DH got off work, I had to head in though for a few hours and I brought some work home with me to try to do tomorrow since I know I'll be home again. Mark usually bounces back quickly, so I hope he feels better tomorrow.

I hope you all have had a great day and I can't wait to see what we all do with these great challenges. I'm going to post #5 now, I kept getting interrupted earlier and didn't get a chance to get back online to post it til now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search