July Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
First day on the market, NINE showings. I'm freaking tired. And "a few" are seriously considering an offer. Here's hoping!!
BeckyM likes this.

July 12th, 2013, 04:54 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is great, Brittanie! I hope you get an acceptable offer soon.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
July 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
So this has been a rough week. Like I mentioned early the water broke Monday, Wayne fixed the plumbing and got hired at a new place. My 17 year old moved out at the end of May, in with his girl friend. Wednesday girlfriends mom calls, Tyler is threatening, abusive, lying and stealing. Which are all behaviors he has had for the last 15 years.So she calls DHS and has him picked up. So he is in protective custody. So Wayne works his first night and while he is supposed to be sleeping I get notified that need to be at court at 1:30. Then I have to be interviewed by DHS. Then I get home and Wayne works his second night with idea that this morning the DHS will be coming over during Beau's speech therapy to inspect the house and talk to her to make sure our kids are not beaten and abused.

All this crummy stuff and the icing on the cake was my internet went down for over 24 hours. I thought I was going to die! All the movies I BOUGHT and downloaded to my kindle had the rental expire and they disappeated disappeared from my kindle. So trying to get Scarlett to take rest this afternoon consisted of her screaming for an hour.

My house is so hot. Wayne is sleeping in my nice cool room. I am trying to keep three hot bored kids quite so my little morning person can try to sleep. I finally said F_ it and fed my kids ice cream for dinner.

Now I am going to look at challenges for the crop.

July 12th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Nicole, that really sounds like a crappy few days! (hugs)

July 12th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Brittanie, the hard part is that these are huge blessings for our family. The best solution is for him to be placed at Job Corps so he can get his diploma, learn a trade, and the soil'll s he needs you've as an independent adult. Most of all not threaten me or my family.

He and his girlfriend were being forcibly broke up by her family and she ranted on Facebook about dying for him or killing herself or some other teen drama. So when we were in court her family wanted him back.

The end result being that he is safe, and far enough away that we are not in constant fear of our lives and our property being stolen or distorted.

I am so against adoption now it is crazy. Unless it is a perfect new born adoption. From parents of good standing, don't do it.

July 17th, 2013, 12:18 AM
So things have been crazy. Teach me to laugh at Brittanie, i fell in the same hole. So we unexpectedly decided to put the house on the market. My house is not as cute as Brittanies and certainly not as well painted. The realtor thinks it will sell for a decent price, and we have turn around and buy. Hopefully only moving once. The good point is being a cash deal I don't have to worry about mortgage companies and appraisers, just home inspections.

July 17th, 2013, 07:17 AM
That is kind of funny, Nicole! lol

July 17th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I spent way too much time drooling on your new diggs Brittanie.

July 17th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
I spent way too much time drooling on your new diggs Brittanie.
*snort* I can't wait until I get to SEE my new house! lol

July 18th, 2013, 06:56 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tamara - I was also an 11 year member in 4-H. It's amazing how much it has changed since I was in it. The government has gotten so much more involved here. In order to show livestock at certain fairs they require you to have a premise ID (basically a number for your farm that will allow them to require paperwork and gives them access to your operation). I think this will probably be the only year we do 4-H.

Becky - Sorry Mark was sick. Hope he is feeling better now!

Brittanie - Hooray for so many people being interested in your house! I hope you get a great offer right away so you don't have to worry about having any more showings!

Nicole - Sorry your week was so crummy! I hope things are looking better now. I hope your house sells well and you are able to find a new place and move in quickly!

AFM - Sorry I have been so MIA lately. We finally got a really good rain this last weekend (a very much needed inch and a half!), so DH has been relaxing by playing computer games. I don't mind....except he plays them on the computer that is hooked up to the internet. So between being busy as usual with the kids, house, and swimming lessons and him being on the computer, I just haven't had time to get on. Add to that that we went and got the kid's pet goats on Monday....We are working with them quite a bit to get them tamed down so that they will follow the kids to and from the barn. Sold our baby calves last Friday. The pastures are just too dry and dead to support a cow with a calf. So to save the cows and the grass, we had to sell them early. Josh's surgery is next Thursday. AF is here, so I've been super emotional about the surgery this week. Finally set up the kids swimming pool last week. They have been having a blast in it on these hot days! And just so you all know in advance...expect me to be a little MIA this next week too. I should be on a lot more regularly after next week though!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 18th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Hi ladies! Just jumping in on chat. Sorry for being MIA. After Mark got sick, DH was sick (and we all know how men are big babies when they're sick), well I got it too. Finally feeling a little better today, just in time for our first round of visitors to arrive. BIL, SIL & 2 kids are here til Monday evening. The kids are great, SIL & BIL can be stressful to deal with, so wish me luck here that we can all get along for these 4 days. To make things worse, we are in the middle of a heat wave with high temps plus icky humidity so there isn't much to do outside. I plan to have the kids pool out in the shade as I know the 3 kids are going to go crazy if they're stuck inside all weekend. I think it should start cooling down Sunday . . . wish me luck for that too. So I may be a little MIA until they leave. I'll try to pop in when I can.

July 18th, 2013, 09:01 PM
So tomorrow we are looking at our first house! Saturday at our second house. I am feeling very very sick!

I seriously haven't even thought about scrapbooking. The thought of moving just my food storage room makes me want to cry.

I did start home schooling as a way to keep my kids happy an occupied for two hours a day and it is going great. Such cute pictures.

I have to like get up before my kids now no sleeping in until 9am.

July 19th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
Brittanie - Hooray for so many people being interested in your house! I hope you get a great offer right away so you don't have to worry about having any more showings!
I'm sorry I forgot to update this! lol We had 5 offers Monday morning, and we had one we really liked, so we're under contract! lol 4 days. We were on the market for 4 days.
RobinX02 likes this.

July 19th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Brittanie, you suck. Average out here is 90 days the house we looked at today had been on the market over a year. And it was easy to see why!

July 19th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Kelsey that is crazy the government wants that. It's a recreation showing. I was part of the beef program too but mostly i did the cooking ones. I wonder how much it has changed in Canada. You sound so busy it's totally understandable being mia.

Becky I hope you all feel better soon. I hope your relatives behave themselves I hope it cools down a bit for you too.

Brittanie, I'm glad your house sold, I hope the contract goes through with no problems. Houses around here are selling super quick too!

Nicole I hope your house doesn't take to long to sell and you fins a new one you like.

I have been doing laundry and cleaning the house this week. WE decided to move Ryland down to the basement so we need to move Richards office into the other basement room (so Ryland can have the one with the window) Then we are going to make Ryland a Mario Themed room. I have so many ideas for him It should be fun! I was hoping to paint it next week since i unexpectedly don't have any dayhome kids but DH doesn't think it'll be cleaned out by then. Then we head to Manitoba on the 26th and are back on the 11th. Should be a busy summer

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

July 19th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ladies!

Sorry i have been MIA for these past couple weeks. I got last minute notice that I was going to replace a leader at Girl Scout Camp. So I was frazzled about that. Then I was gone a week and left hubby with the boys. Good thing that the other leader had a day care and she took the boys while hubby went to work so it was a real group effort. I had so much fun at camp.....I think I even died a few times....the hikes and my unfit body did not mix. Camp was at like 9,000 ft I was so happy to get home and sleep in my own bed that i didn't move all night and ended up with a horrible kink in my neck. Today is the first day that its not killing me.....it hurts still but not near as bad. So now to really get the house back in order and then get my scrap on.

Still feeling out of wack so I have not read all your posts but hopefully I can catch up.....if not I can now keep up.

July 22nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
So I did one page this week.

We packed seven boxes, mostly my scrapbooks and older albums. Here is one of my dirty little secrets.... when I get behind scrapping and I have a huge event, like a family reunion in 1998, that generates huge amounts of pictures, I scrap book a page or two and put the other hundred pictures in 2 up albums and call it DONE. Since I went years and years without scrapbooking Christmas pictures, I have them in 2up albums too.

I also packed my back up disks, and finished small projects. Along with my sewing supplies.

The second house was worse than the first, we are looking for a handy man special, and it is a completely gut and renovated, and it was built in 1975. The house had been stripped and it needed every system replaced. It's ok I didn't like the floor plan much anyways.

July 25th, 2013, 11:19 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Helloooo! Sorry Ive been a little MIA. Decided last minute to go with my parents to the lake. So the kids and I met them on Monday. We spent 2 days there and spent time on the boat and in the water. Kids had fun and I got sunburnt! I used to never burn bad. Must be something to do with my "old" age. Then I decided to go home with them for a couple of days. Once Ellie starts school, I wont be able to go down to their place to see them as often as Id like. They live 7 hrs aways. We had a nice time. We are back home now. Kids in bed and Im about to hit the sack too. DH has been gone all week for a class for a new job he is starting soon. Saturday we will be going to Janessa's house for a family BBQ (my parents, sister & her family, my fam and Janessa's little fam) Should be interesting

Im hoping to get back into scrap mode Tuesday. My parents will be here on Sunday for the night and Ellie has registration on Monday.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
July 26th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Hi ladies! I to am sorry to have been MIA! I was fighting a summer cold, then had the relatives to deal with, and now playing catchup at work after being off a week. And this weekend, my family is coming in for the weekend. Mark also starts his first kids gym class tomorrow too, so I expect another busy weekend. Next week should be back to normal. I want to get a page to 2 done towards this month's goal, since July ends next week. Where do the days get to???

July 27th, 2013, 01:23 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm back! Looks like we have all been really busy lately!

We went on a quick family vacation to Rapid City the 19th-22nd. Took the kids to the water park up there. Also tried to get Kendra's school shopping done. I forget how hard it is to get toddlers to take naps on trips like that. Then we headed out Wednesday to Denver for Josh's surgery. Surgery went well. Found out that Josh only has 1 testicle. The other one had dropped as well, but apparently never developed completely. Josh handled the anesthesia well. The nurses all said he would probably sleep the rest of the day.....nope....he actually seemed really alert and slightly hyper. It was also Jason and My 10 year anniversary on Thursday (yep...the same day as Josh's surgery). Anyway, we are all tired of being on the road. Now I am playing catch up at home. The house is a mess! It's cold here today too! Only in the 60's at mid day...so odd for late July.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search