July Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It really doesn't seem possible that over half the year is gone already! I am looking forward to another great month with you lovely ladies.

How are you all doing? For our Canadian ladies - Happy Canada Day! I hope you are enjoying the holiday & did you do anything fun? For the American ladies, do you have any plans for the 4th?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
July 1st, 2013, 12:19 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No plans here for the 4th. I'm sure we will cook on the grill and we can see 3 different sets of fireworks from our house so we are all set in the fireworks department.

I know I have Janessa, Brittanie and Nicole as friends on FB. Do you other ladies have FB if so friend me.

July 1st, 2013, 12:28 PM
I'll see if I can find you, probably via their friends list. I'm a boring FB friend though as I don't tend to do a lot of status updates.

July 1st, 2013, 12:58 PM
I'm a boring FBer too Becky!

I just got a text that I might need to fill in for Ash girl scout leader at camp next week. She is gonna call me later after she figures out more of what is going on.

July 1st, 2013, 01:20 PM
Tiffany, we are already friends on facebook. A girl scout leader at camp might be fun. Is it a lot of work involved?

July 1st, 2013, 01:46 PM
we are...LOL

July 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
LOL! You ladies are so funny.

Just have to get through this month....just have to get through this month....

July 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Found you. I don't feel so bad you didn't know we where already FB friends either.

You can do it Brittanie!

July 1st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I asked my dh about going to the lake and he pretended like it was the first he has heard of it. MEN. However he did agree we can go weather permitting. I am really excited to drive 30 minutes play on a play ground and splash in some water and drive home. Not sure what to take for a picnic with no grain in it. Sounds like fruit, chips and cold cuts to me.

July 1st, 2013, 04:30 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Its been a very emotional 3 days. A wildfire was started Friday by lightning and its real near my home. Its already burned half the town it was started by. I had just drove threw that town on Friday.. On top of it they have lost 19 of a 20 man Hotshot crew to the fire. I didnt know any of them but it is still heartbreaking. I do not think the fire will reach us but it is still very scary. The winds are so unpredictable and crazy right now and the fire is 0% contained.

Aside from that, tomorrow is Ellie's 5 b-day! I cannot believe my little 5lb 8oz baby is already 5. Time flies like crazy. We are having her party at Peter Piper Pizza on the 5th.

For the 4th, DH's sister and her boys are coming up on Wednesday to stay with their parents and we will all go to the 4th festivities together. and probably have a cook out or something. Probably even see Janessa & Baby Zane too (if not, hopefully at the b-day party)

Around the 19th my family, my parents and maybe my sister and her family are going "camping". My family and parents are ganna get hotel rooms and my sisters family will stay in their RV. We are going to one of the lakes near by. We havent been since Ellie was a new born. Cant wait!

Thats about all!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
July 1st, 2013, 04:36 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Tiffany- I dont know if we are FB friends or not.. https://www.facebook.com/robin.williams.8509

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
July 1st, 2013, 07:13 PM
Good luck, Brittanie! I hope your house sells quickly and you can get everything packed & organized and be on your way.

Tiffany - I felt better to not knowing we were friends cause you were in the same boat. I'm blamer my "older" age here.

Nicole - Your lake trip sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy & I look forward to seeing those pics scrapped.

Robin - I don't tend to watch news much, but had heard about that fire and the loss of those firemen today. I was wondering how close the fire was to you & Janessa. Fires are so scary, and I hope & pray they get it contained soon. Seems like you have a busy July planned. I hope Ellie's party goes well - 5 is a fun age. These kids do grow up fast. Your 4th plans and the camping sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. I hope you get some great pics and can't wait to see you scrap them.

AFM - I was only supposed to work a couple of hours this morning doing orientation paperwork for some new hires, but instead got called at home by our Division Chief to handle a few things so I've spent the last 4 hours
working on it. Hopefully the rest of the week, I'll actually be left alone by work. I do love my job, I really do, but it is also nice to unplug from it sometimes to, even when we're staying at home for vacation. We don't have a lot of definite plans for the summer except for a few days in September, we're thinking about spending a few days in Williamsburg Virginia. We've gone a couple of times, but not with Mark. It's a fun place to visit.

July 1st, 2013, 10:02 PM
Becky that sucks that you get called to do some work on your vaca.

Robin I had just heard about the fire near you and the loss of that crew. So sad.

Tomorrow the kids and I are gonna hit a couple local parks and try our hand at some geocaching. I think this could be cool new family hobby.

July 1st, 2013, 11:09 PM
I am ready for bed, while Tiffany was geocaching researching my area I was setting up scrapbooking pages. It took longer because I started with the pictures and had to search for sketches. I dare say pinterest came in handy. So I have ten Christmas pages set all pictures from before 2012. After I get these knocked out I am not sure if I'll continue to focus on Christmas pictures or not, if not then I'll eventually have fresh Christmas papers to work with.

July 2nd, 2013, 04:31 AM
Tiffany - is geocaching where you use your gps or smartphone to find "treasures"? If that's what it is, I've heard about it and sounds pretty cool. I hope you all have a great time.

Nicole -way to go setting up some pages. I've got about 3 still set up that I didn't get to last month and another bunch of pics to work with. I look forward to seeing your pages this month.

AFM - Mark is still asleep!! This is so rare. Even on days off work/daycare, he is typically up by 6am. I am actually enjoying a warm cup of tea in peace & quiet. He is such a bundle of energy, a lot of fun, so I treasure these quiet moments. DH is heading off to work soon, and I have no plans to leave the house. It's hot & humid so it'll be playtime/cleanup time in the basement today for us. (clean for me, playtime for him)

July 2nd, 2013, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey everybody :wave: Super duper hot here today....should be close to 104 again today but start cooling off tomorrow. Thankfully we don't have humidity to go with it. I have 3 days home this week and well over a weeks worth of work to cram into those 3 days with absolutely no motivation to work

Tiffany, I'm sorry to hear the fire is so close to your home....we had that problem last year as well, not close but close enough. I've heard geocaching is really fun to do! Have fun!

Brittanie, I'm sure you'll be fine with all of your house selling & moving. It's all pretty exciting to see what you do with your new house. And I'm sure you'll do everything you can to do a Hello Kitty room.

Can't wait to see more pages from you Nicole. Your lake and picnic day sounds wonderful!

Becky, so sorry you got called in for work Glad you and Mark will be staying home today....but you should have some playtime too.

July 3rd, 2013, 07:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Happy Humpday!

July 3rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Happy hump day!

Our weather is beautiful and I am sitting out side with my three kiddos. I am slightly curious if I should be taking pictures? I just feel like I get a lot of the same pictures over and over again. I am also wondering why my son eats dirt? Seriously he won't eat food why dirt? I would take them outside more the days following outside time are rough in the diaper department.

We are supposed to go to the lake tomorrow but I am zero ready. It is close enough that I can take a towel and just go but it always is more fun with more stuff. I bought red white and blue drinks to make striped drinks in their bottles. I am wondering if the flavors are going to taste good mixed? Maybe I'll add colored sugar rims? And that is about the extent of my holiday plans.

July 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Nicole - your lake plans sound fun and the drinks sound interesting. I'm sure the kids will love them. Boo on the dirt eating though. I have no problem with the kids getting dirty, but I'm glad I don't have a dirt eater. I can just imagine how those diapers must be. Yuck!

Speaking of diapers, I've been hesitate to say it out loud in case I jinxed myself and we got another backwards trend, but I believe I can say it now - we are completely potty trained!! Mark has been doing good for a while, with only a few accidents, and in the last 2 weeks I've stopped using pullups/dipes except at night time. Even running errands, and traveling down to my Mom's which ended up being 8+ hours in the car on the way back, he did perfect. I am so thrilled. Now we're working on him learning to put his undies and pants/shorts back on, he can get them down and go potty easily, but struggles putting them back on.

As far as today, nothing much going on. We're chilling inside the house keeping out of the heat & mugginess outside. Mark is enjoying playing with is trains, while I do some house chores. I don't think we have anything planned for tomorrow. Our town is doing fireworks Saturday evening, so if it's not too hot, I would love to take Mark. He's not seen fireworks yet.

July 4th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Brittanie good luck with all the packing and moving.

Robin I hope that Ellie's Party goes great! I heard about the loss of the firemen too, but didn't know the fire was so close to you.

Becky thanks for the texts the last few days. DH has been working from home most days in the last 2 weeks because of the flood. We were unaffected but his transit route was and the whole downtown core was completely shutdown for a week. I just brought the computer back upstairs today! I think your vacation plans sound great. Mine is going to be spend helping my parents clean out there house to sell. Way to go Mark on potty training!!!

Nicole I can't believe you are 29 weeks already! Way to go on getting so many pages done.

Canada day here was HOT! Above 30. We spent the day at Calaway park with my friend Erin's family. She has 3 boys as well and all close in age to mine (within 6 months) Everyone had a great time. The 2nd was even hotter so we spent the day at the Lake. I am also a boring facebooker but here is my link. https://www.facebook.com/tamara.bezemer.1?ref=tn_tnmn
Here are a few pictures.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search