Older pics

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2013, 05:14 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole's Show Me has been wondering - how many of you have gone back and scrapped pics of yourself as a child? I'm pretty sure most of you have, I know Janessa did albums of her & her brother. Brittanie has been scrapping since she was a child. And I'm sure Nicole has quite a few too.

I don't have many pics at all as a child as my Mom didn't have the dexterity in her hands/fingers to use a camera plus we didn't have money for film, developing, etc. There are a few school pics and some snapshots here and there though that would be great to get scrapped. Not sure how to get started.

Any tips about it?

Did you do a lot of journaling on these pages?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
July 10th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
My parents were ok off financially and there are a ton of boys in my family so my mom had tons of professional pictures done of me. Most of them are not scrapped.

As for journaling I don't have much more to say about old pictures.

July 10th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Well, I started scrapping at 13, so......yeah.

I did do several of my baby pictures and young childhood as a gift for my mom for her own scrapbook (with the understanding I'd get to keep them after she dies...lol)

July 10th, 2013, 10:44 AM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
My mom did mine birth-grade 12. I started scrapping in high schhool.

I think for journaling old photos Id put the info I knew, name, age and date. If its a picture of people doing something I would include others names and what was going on

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
July 10th, 2013, 11:13 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't scrapped any of my childhood pictures....my mom did.

I agree with Robin - probably just journal about basic, what you know about the picture type stuff.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

July 10th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
I've only scrapped a few. I made an album for my parents. I should take pictures of it when I'm back home at the end of the month. I'm sure it's horrible as It was the first one I ever did and it's pretty much just stickers and photo's. One of the things I'll be doing at my parents is going through all the old pictures and sorting them by year and taking notes about them. then I need to hire someone to scan them in because that will be a major job.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

July 10th, 2013, 05:43 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! Once I get through our visitors, I'm going to go thru some old photo albums I have and scan in a few pics to get started on. I know I have more pics from highschool time, and very few from before. When I go see my Mom next, I can see what she has handy. I think it'll be fun to do.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search