August Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! It's been a hectic week for me, poor lil Mark ended up being sick all week. He finally started feeling better yesterday, and he did return to daycare today. We ended up at the doctor office on Friday since it was going on 4 days of the fever and cough. Mark complained about his throat and chest, but said nothing about his ears. Friday's visit revealed he has an ear infection. The poor dear. He is on 5 days of antibiotics, will finish them tomorrow, and I'm so happy he's back to himself. Today is my first day back to work, so it's been pretty busy here too. Hopefully it'll get back to normal soon.

So, how is everyone doing? I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww poor little guy. Sorry he's been sick so long, but glad you figured it out. Hopefully the antibiotics will take over quickly and get him back to normal

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

August 14th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
So...Matt called the moving company. The truck is projected to get here....SATURDAY!! I'm so frustrated!! I don't know why it's taking so long, but I may just buy stuff to paint bedrooms so I can have something to do with myself.

August 14th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am doing ok, stuck on house hunting and sleeping no scrapping going on here.

August 15th, 2013, 08:13 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still here. Haven't been home much though. Had grandma's 80th birthday party last Thursday, came home Friday. Spent Saturday baking cookies with Kendra for fair this week. Took of Sunday morning for a mini family vacation in Denver (mostly because DH bought a trailer off Craigslist and needed to go pick it up). Went to the aquarium and the movie Planes Sunday, the zoo and picked up the trailer Monday. Were supposed to get home that evening, but ran into trouble with the trailer and ended up staying the night in Loveland Monday night. Up at 5:30 am Tuesday to sprint home, get all the 4-H projects around and make it in for project check in. Kendra and I got hair cuts after that, ran some errands and made it home about 4. Yesterday, last minute, we decided to go to the fair and let Kendra try Mutton Bustin' (like bull riding only kids trying to ride sheep). It was her first year and she did really good. Got 2nd place in the 6 year old girls. Doesn't look like things are going to slow down until September. I'll be popping on when I can.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

August 16th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Michelle - thanks. Mark is feeling better, but it took until Sunday before he started feeling okay but still has that cough.

Brittanie - I can't believe there was such a delay between you driving out there and the truck arriving.

Nicole - good luck house hunting and I hope you can find some scrappy time soon too.

Wow, Kelsey, you are so busy!! How do you keep up with it all?

AFM - I've been playing catchup at work, plus have a couple of huge projects given to me this week too. Next week looks like it "should" be quieter for me. Wish me luck on that actually happening.

August 19th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Hi ladies! In the middle of a big project here at work, so I'll have to pop on at lunchtime to get caught up here. I had a great weekend, AND got some scrapping done too. I hope you all had a great weekend too.

August 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Becky - I hope that work is quieter for you this week and that your big project goes smoothly!

AFM - County Fair is finally over. We only went 3 days this week, but it definitely tired us all out. Not ready to adjust to a school schedule after that, but going to have to.

August 19th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Kelsey - I hope you all adjust soon to the new school schedule.

AFM, traffic will be screwy for about 3 weeks until people get used to school being back in and settle down into a pattern. Next fall, we plan to have Mark start pre-school. That is bittersweet, and I'm sure I'll be crying that day. As for this past weekend, we had a busy one planned, but I also managed to get some scrappy time in for me too. Yay! I hope to get some more pages done this month too, and add to my yearly total. I am determined to reach that 100 page goal this year.

Also this weekend, on Sunday we took Mark to the movies for this first time. We went to see Planes and he LOVED it. And was so good too, sat either in his seat or snuggled up on my lap but watched the entire movie and munched on his popcorn. I wish the other kids around us were as well behaved, the one behind me (probably age 9) kept kicking my seat, talking loudly and coughing every few minutes without even trying to cover his mouth. The Mom was busy on her phone the entire time and didn't even pay attention to him at all. Grrrr! Other then that though, it was a great time.

August 20th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Checking in! I am still alive and not scrapping. But I hope to again soon.

August 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM
Glad to "see" you Michelle. I hope you can have some scrappy time soon. It also won't be long until you have a new little baby too.

August 23rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Becky - That is great that Mark sat so well during the movie! We went to see that one on the 11th. I thought the parts I got to see were super cute! (Josh wasn't behaving that evening and I had to take him out of the theater a few times). DH didn't really like it. Being a farmer, her thought it portrayed crop dusters (and the farm industry) wrong. Granted he was right about the crop dusters. LOL! They fly a lot faster and are real dare devils. Josh usually sits well during movies, especially ones he has never seen before, so not sure why he didn't that night. We will also be sending Josh to pre-school next fall.

Nicole - Great to see you! How is house hunting going? How is pregnancy going? Ready for baby to arrive?

AFM - I think being super busy is finally coming to an end!! This next week will still be busy while I work on catching up the house and working on bachelorette party/wedding stuff for my friend. I'm personalizing stemless wine glasses (glass etching) as favors for the bachelorette party and need to sew some material into tubes for covering metal pipes she is using for decorating at her reception. Have done well adjusting to the new school schedule! Kendra is loving first grade!

August 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm here! I have beeen mia for so long now! I see that Brittanie should be headed to Texas now & I have to go back to July chat to figure out why Nicole is house hunting. It's been crazy busy here & this morning I finally got a 3 page layout completed that's been sitting on my table for over a month. I've done lots of other projects that I need to get loaded to PB so I can post them here. Jaylen has photo id day on Thursday then open house on the 6th (totally can't believe September is almost here) and then pre-school starts the 9th. It will definitely be a bittersweet day because I am looking forward to those couple hours a couple days a week but it also means she's growing up so fast. Gotta go find July chat now. Hope all have a scrappy happy Monday!

August 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Jessica - Great to see you!! Can't wait to see what all you have been up to!

AFM - Looking forward to September! Should be quite a bit less hectic and definitely have a more structured routine! Was a really exciting weekend around here, not necessarily good...but definitely exciting. Some guy had kidnapped his ex-wife from her work in eastern Nebraska and brought her out to this area (her family lives in the town East of us). He was armed and mentally unstable. There were police helicopters, SWAT teams, state patrol, K9 units, and all local law enforcement all over the place. Once his car was spotted he ditched the car and they were on foot going through corn fields. She managed to get away safely and was found walking along a road. He ended up committing suicide in one of the fields before he could be caught. Definitely something that rarely ever happens out here. Had the community pretty shook up. Been working on bachelorette and wedding things for my friend too. Not really too much else to report. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

August 28th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Hi ladies!

Kelsey - yikes, that is something to talk about - exciting (but not good excited). I'm glad she got away ok. I hope September is much calmer for you, you always stay so busy. I don't know how you keep up with it all.

Jess - I cannot believe Jaylen is starting preschool so soon. I'm sure there will be some tears that morning.

AFM - I'm staying busy at home doing several house projects, and work is getting ready to get crazy busy. My bus operator recruitment starts today (I do a big push once a year) and I typically get around 700-800 applications. Not kidding, there are that many who apply. Which means all those driving records coming in to evaluate, 2 job fairs, 3 testing dates (morning & afternoon) and then to grade all the tests. And once that's done set up interviews. I'm tired already. Most of that busy stuff starts at the end of September into October, so I'm pushing myself now to scrap as much as I can and get my house projects done before that craziness hits. Wish me luck . . .

also in between all that, I'm researching pre-schools for Mark. Their open houses and registration starts fall and into early next year so we have to decide soon which ones we want to compete for. Some have waiting lists already.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search