August Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2013, 06:55 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's August!! I look forward to another great month here and hope to see lots of cool stuff made too.

So, how is everyone this 1st day of August?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 1st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I can't believe August is already here!!!!!!

I'm was doing great until I looked at what I have in store for Vegas weather wise....over 100 all weekend with a low in the 80's. Heck our high here is in the 80's for the weekend. I have already been spoiled by CO weather. LOL

August 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
So, I missed it Tiffany, why are you looking at Vegas weather?

We went to the zoo today. It was great! Baby snow leopard!

August 1st, 2013, 02:55 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Tiffany- Oh man, Vegas is boarderline H.E.double hockey stick in the summer time!!! A high of 100 is a great thing! LOL

Brittanie- That snow leopard is to cute. I liked a lot of the pics you posted from your trip to the zoo! Looked like a lot of fun.

AFM- Well, we are all sick.. I dont know with what. I had a sore throat that started maybe Sunday or Monday. Yesterday Garrett told me his hurt. So just out of curiosity I looked inside his mouth and saw nothing really, maybe a little red. So I looked in mine and I have white spots on both sides and the back of my tongue is bumpy.. Ahhhhh!! Then Ellie starts telling me hers hurts too. She has spots as well! But no one has other symptoms, no one is acting sick.. I have a bit of a runny nose. Last night Garrett woke up crying and had a 100.1 fever (low grade??) but Tylenol dropped it and it hasnt come back.. No one has really complained about a sore throat today but both Ellie & I still have white spots, bumpy tongues and hers tonsils are swollen.. So here's the problem.. Logan just switched to a new job and we dont have insurance, not until the 22nd.. Of course something would happen when we dont have coverage.. He said the urgent care he went to is $150, but times that by 3 people= HELLOOOO!! and I dont know if I would need them to check Blaine just in case.. Ugh! These symptoms could also be a common cold.. But I hate not knowing.. A) I could wait it out, but if it is strep that isnt good to do. B) I could take us all in and it turn out to be a cold and waste so much money we do not have.. I always take taking the kids in when I think they are sick and they say Oh its just a virus, you have to let it run its course.. and $$ later we walk out with nothing more than we went in with..

Sorry for my rambling.. I just dont know what to do!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
August 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Robin I only take my kids in when I think they need a doctor, which means medical care that I cannot provide usual l y in the form of medication. For a random sore throat you need medication for strep. If I had strep I'd know it as it was my disease of choice until getting my tonsils out, since I have only had it once. But if it were strep in your kids you would have much sicker kids on your hands.

August 3rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
Hi ladies!

Brittanie - love the snow leopard.

Tiffany - have fun in Vegas! We get those hot temps here, had a string of those days for close to 2 weeks in July, and we also have a horrible humidity on top of the triple digits. Yuck!

Robin - I hope everyone is feeling better.

AFM - I am feeling lousy myself, but so far the boys are okay. I don't know if I am sick or what, but these last 2 days I have been miserable, aching all over. I am off work this coming week since daycare is closed, and hope I feel better soon or it's not going to be easy for me to occupy an active 3 year old when I can barely move. Scrappy wise, I tried scrapping tonight. Got the blind scrap double layout started, but didn't have a set of pics that would work for it. So the base is done, but I need to print pics for it. Also started on another page, but it needs to sit a while so I can be sure about it. I do that sometimes with pages, and typically the next day or when I get to it next I can make some changes and finish the page. probably sounds silly to you ladies, but that works for me.

I hope you all are having a great weekend!!

August 4th, 2013, 06:47 PM
I hope everyone has been having a good weekend. Except for finishing the top, we got Mark's sandbox ready for him to enjoy and he certainly did! He played for several hours straight and absolutely loved it. Here are a couple of pics right after we got the sand in it.

Tonight we just laid some boards with a tarp over it, to keep the animals out of it, tomorrow we'll figure out a better solution. Mark is thrilled with it, and was exhausted by the time he came inside. Bedtime was a little later then normal, and he barely kept his eyes open for a Curious George story. I expect we'll be spending a lot of time in his sandbox this week with being off work.

August 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Great sand box! I hope we have one some day for the kids.

Today is Ellie's first day of Kindergarten. Ive held it together. LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
August 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Wow, first day of school! That is so bittersweet, and I am sure I will be a mess when it's Mark's turn. I look forward to seeing you scrap these photos.

AFM, we had another fun filled day in the sandbox. Mark had a blast, especially after I added a little water in and we could shape the sand into castles (using those plastic castle buckets). We ate lunch outside too, then back to playing. needless to say the sun & outdoor fun tired the lil man out. He is actually taking a nap right now. He's not napped at home in months beyond a few days here and there.

August 5th, 2013, 09:50 PM
TOMORROW is my ultrasound ladies!! I know you're as excited as I am!

In case you didn't see it on facebook, here's my game! Go put in your prediction! The game name is BabyRolo
http://www.expectnet.com/game.php
BeckyM likes this.

August 6th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Good luck today, Brittanie!!! I vote girl.

August 6th, 2013, 01:49 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been keeping up reading chat...just haven't had the time to reply. I'll catch up one of these days.

Good luck today Brittanie!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

August 6th, 2013, 03:32 PM
It's a boy!! He was being stubborn most of the time, curled up at the top of my uterus with his hands on his face so it took her a while to get all the measurements she needed, but eventually we saw everything we wanted to. He's perfectly healthy and measuring right on track for my due date.

August 7th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Congratulations brittanie

August 7th, 2013, 04:23 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Brittanie!

Great sandbox Becky!

I feel so lost trying to catch up on post. I feel like I missed so much while not checking in regularly for the past month.

We've been doing a little camping and I have gotten pretty involved with my diet and exercise and a local fitness group I joined.

Hoping to get on here more and keep in the loop

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

August 8th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Michelle, just jump in on chat. You don't have to respond to all of us individually. . .oftentimes there isn't enough time. Way to go for joining a fitness group.

AFM, I have a sick kiddo here. Sorry for being MIA, I am functioning on little sleep for 2 days now and feel like a zombie. I hope Mark feels better soon and I will be back to catch up with everyone.

August 8th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Oh no Becky, I hope whatever it is runs it's course quick and Marks gets to feeling better soon.

AFM...I'm hungry lol

August 9th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Just checking in quickly. Today the movers put all our stuff in a truck. Hopefully nothing gets lost on the way down! We'll be in Dallas on Sunday, get the key to the house on Monday. Can't wait to see it in person!

August 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Michelle - Hope you've had fun camping! Hooray for joining a fitness group!

Becky - So sorry Mark is sick again. Hope he gets feeling better soon!

Brittanie - I hope the move goes well and your family and all your things make it there safely!

AFM - Busy, busy, busy!!! Can't believe what my calendar looks like for the rest of August (as well as last week)! We are finally making some progress on the yard fence! They came out Tuesday and put the posts in...were supposed to be back out Thursday/Friday to put the fence up, but never made it. County fair this next week, Electrician coming out to install a throw back switch (so we can hook up a generator if we ever lose power) sometime late this week. Eye appointments, dentist appointments, and school starts the week of the 18th. Best friends bachelorette party the week after that..... September doesn't look near as hectic though and I will finally be back on a schedule which will make it easier to get my house clean, exercise, and get some scrappy time in!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

August 11th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Brittanie- I hope the move went smoothly

Kelsey-you have a crazy busy schedule. WOW.

AFM: I'm a little bummed. Apparently the tendons on the insides of my ankles are flared up and causing me a lot of pain. Not a whole lot I can do for it and Advil does help, but it's putting a damper on my exercising.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search