September Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2013, 02:07 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Believe it or not, we are now in September!! Wow this year is simply flying by. I look forward to another great month with everyone.

So how has everyone's weekend going/gone? We did a lot of outside gardening & landscaping yesterday. Planted 3 new trees and took out some dying shrubs and a large pine tree. It is in the 90s today so we relaxed indoors with friends today or under the deck on the shaded patio. Filled up the little pool for Mark & Theodore. They had a blast. We kept the pool in the shade too. I love having this patio. It is so useful especially on the hot summer days. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain so I expect we will be inside most of the day. I hope to scrap while the boys (DH & Mark) play with the trains.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 5th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
One week from tonight I go in to have baby. I promise not to drag it out.

September 5th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I hope everything goes smoothly, Nicole!

This is how my week has been going, lol

September 5th, 2013, 10:23 PM
My scrap desk had tons of stuff on it all little work took forever to clean it off.

Oh man Brittanie one week from baby day and no baby sitting set. Last time it wasn't set until the last minute but the rs president assured me all is well. This one told me, "well watching three kids on Saturday for a few hours is too much, but we'll see about having someone bring over a meal."

I was annoyed I didn't feel like I needed to tell her that I am not delivering at the local hospital But in the city an hour and a half away. Wayne dragging three kids through the hospital to pick me up seems stressful or two when Tessa was born definitely was.

As for the over night, she says she is announcing it in rs skipping everyone in primary, who in our ward usually are the home makers.

My back up plan was a day care down the street, but I stopped by and called three times no answer. How does a day care fall off the planet in two weeks?

My MIL lives four hours away, but when we asked her she said she didn't have any vacation time. Wayne was like, we are planning on having to spend three hundred dollars on day care for Thursday night, Friday day. But she still declined.

I considered flying my mom out but I just could see her handling my kids, so that idea was discarded a while ago.

Of course Wayne is like don't worry worst case scenario he is in the lobby with the three kids because they are not allowed in the room when I deliver.

I am feeling very unloved by my ward.

Last edited by Happy Song; September 5th, 2013 at 10:26 PM.
September 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Nicole your ward is the church right? That is very strange they are being more willing to help hope it gets figured out.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
September 6th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry that you're not being helped more, Nicole! I'd totally take them if you were close! 3 more kids is harder, sure, but you're HAVING A BABY. :/

September 7th, 2013, 12:21 AM
First of all we have two baby sitting leads.

I called the Bishops wife who was Relief Society president when I has Tessa and set up that baby sitting. The first thing she said was I am "her current calling" then told me five people who could not babysit and why without giving them the opportunity to check their schedules themselves. She gave me one name and number to try. In the end I felt pretty blown off.

Seriously last time we dropped the kids off at bedtime, ok a bit before so we could find the house while light. Wayne set up the travel crib we put Beau to bed. Gave them a door handle so Scarlett couldn't open the door they put her to bed in their playroom. They slept through the night. At 7am she text Wayne to ask if Beau could have honey, he was 13 months old. Then Te ssa was born at 8:30 am and Wayne picked the kids up around 11-11:30 am.

The biggest reason we need over night is I check in at 12 midnight to be induced and most people in our ward live 30 to 60 minutes the opposite direction of where we are going.

Did I mention I was willing to pay up to THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS?

Any way we are hoping the day care lady I asked that fell off the face of the planet will watch them. Apparently she closed her daycare and took a steadier job. Drop the day care phone. We stopped there on the way home tonight and she said she'd do it but needed to confirm her schedule Monday. So Monday I have to call and iron out the details. The plan would be Wayne dropping them off at daycare at 5am to be at the hospital at 6am.

Last edited by Happy Song; September 7th, 2013 at 12:29 AM.
September 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becky - Sounds like you got a lot done on your yard! Bet the kids had fun in the pool!

Nicole - Sorry you are having such trouble finding someone to watch the kids. I hope it works out for the daycare lady to watch them for you! Can't wait to "meet" baby Cade!

Brittanie - Hooray for getting your crafty stuff unpacked! Hopefully the sorting and putting away is going well!

AFM - I've been sick since Monday. Some kind of sinus crud that we think Kendra brought home last week. Josh was sick with it the same time I had it. DH Came down with it Wednesday. I made him go to the dr today. I said enough is enough when he interrupted my workout yesterday so that I could go outside and meet the bus to get the neighbor boy's lunch box that he forgot. Told him that if he was sick enough that he couldn't do a simple task like that, then he needed to go to the dr. So needless to say, I am behind on everything again. Haven't gotten anything done this week.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

September 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Gosh Kelsey I am sorry everyone is sick. Sick bunnies are the worst.

Brittanie: at least the craft stuff is coming out again. Always nice to get reacquainted with the stash.

Robin: thanks for the thoughts, I know everything will be ok in the end but getting there is stressful.

September 9th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Why hello there ladies!!! Well, those who remember me (I remember you!!! ) My log in works for the first time in oh, almost 2 years???

Anyway, thought I'd drop in and say hello and see how everyone is doing I sadly haven't scrapped in just about as long as it has been since I logged in since I started my little business. I miss it a lot

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
September 9th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Nicole - I hope you find a baby-sitter and also cannot wait to meet the newest little one.

Brittanie - yay for getting unpacked! I look forward to seeing your pages & projects soon.

Kelsey - bummer on being sick. I hope you all feel better soon.

Carrie!!! Hey girl! So good to see you here. I've been seeing all your wonderful projects for your business, but hope you can find some scrappy time soon. We're having our monthly crop this Thursday. Perhaps you can find a little time to join in.

AFM - it's been extremely busy for me. Started up my once a year recruitment for operators, and it's been non-stop. We had 208 people show for our job fairs Saturday & today combined, plus another 400 applied online and the job is still up for another week and 1/2. After this, I've got to start evaluating resumes & go thru driving records to determine who gets to take the test. Then comes interview scheduling. whew, I'm tired just thinking about it. Thankfully I have a break next week to relax some. Daycare is closed, and DH has to work Thursday & Friday, but we'll have the first part of the week to have some quality family time and then Mark & I will enjoy the last part of the week. With being so busy at work, I've been exhausted in the evenings, so not much scrapping going on. Hoping to get some in with being off work though. I want to get in another 16-20 pages this month, so I'd better get busy.

September 9th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I have not been around lately ladies!

With school starting and hubby's work slow we stayed up watching Lost so I have not had much time to scrap, but now that he went to Chicago area to work for a little while I plan to pull out my scrappy stuff. That is after I do some things that I need to get down around here. Can't wait to get my scrap on.

September 10th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Good to "see" you Tiffany! I hope you can get your scrap on soon. Maybe the crop this week will help???

AFM, I'm just jumping on here quick before my 4 hour meeting starts. (and no, I am not exaggerating the time). Wish me luck on staying awake and alert for this meeting. I hope everyone has a great day!

September 12th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Hi ladies! We've all been pretty quiet this month. Hoping we all slow down soon and can get back to scrapping &posting more. We've got some great crop challenges this month & I'm hoping to have some scrappy time Sunday into next week. Being off work should help with that.

So, how is everyone doing? I believe Nicole is going to be showing off her newest little one to us soon. Can't wait to meet him.

September 14th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Hi ladies! I hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend. It's a nice day here. Mild temps with a little breeze. I did have to go into work for a couple of hours, but after that, I'm finished with work for the week (unless they call me for something) I am looking forward to having next week off with Mark.

So what all is everyone up to? I hope we can all get some scrappy time in. I hope to have some tomorrow evening and look forward to working on some of these great crop challenges.

September 14th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I have been in the hospital all weekend. Boring and I can only get the internet to work intermittently. I was sneaking over to check the challenges.

September 14th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Scrapping again! Not everything is perfect, I got frustrated and just pushed a bunch of stuff off to the side, but it's nice. lol
BeckyM likes this.

September 15th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Nicole - how long will you be in the hospital? I hope you & lil one get to come home soon.

Brittanie - yay for scrapping again! I completely understand pushing things to the side so you can scrap. My [I]darling[I] DH decided to dissemble a DVD player and put the carcass on MY table the other night. Grrrrrrrrrrr! I got it moved off yesterday, so I'm hoping to be able to scrap shortly.

AFM - I expect a busy day, we've got several things going on, but I'll try to get back on later tonight. In our busy day, I am preplanning some pages, and pulling paper, embellies, etc. together so that should make it easier when I get to scrap. I hope everyone has a great day!!

September 19th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Becky, I got out of the hospital Sunday. It has been a hectic week. I hired a girl from church to help me out and last minute she blew me off..So I am trying to establish breastfeeding and recover. I usually feel great until day three then feel like I was run over by a truck. My kids are tough ages that are still picked up quite often so this week has completely sucked.

On a happy note I am officially back to scrapbooking! Granted I was only able to set up one page but it is a page!
This one is perfect for boys and girls co ed pages.

Plus the money I was going to pay the baby sitter I am buying a paper pack.

September 19th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Nicole, glad you are home & yay for scrapbooking again. Boo on the girl babysitting though. I hope you get back in the routine soon & look forward to seeing those pages.

AFM, we too are trying to get back into our routine. We took a mini vacay and returned last night so I'm trying to get us unpacked and still enjoy these last couple of days. DH went back to work today, Mark & I return to work/daycare on Monday. I had pulled together some pages while on vacay, but didn't actually get to scrap until last night. I just need to take some pics of the 3 I got down last night, and if Mark cooperates I hope to scrap some today too. Best thing I ever did was set up my scrap area in his playroom. I get so much more scrappy time now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search