Halloween Costumes

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2013, 07:20 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now is anyone else surprised that it'll be October next week? This year is simply flying by.

So thoughts on Halloween Costumes? Do you do them? Make them? or totally skip them?

Mark was an adorable pumpkin his first Halloween, and a cute Fireman the 2nd one. We skipped last year with the hurricane heading our way at the same time, and if we had done anything he would have worn his Fireman costume again since it still fit him perfectly. Well, this year, looks like it may be different. The other kids at daycare have been talking about it, and tonight Mark was talking about looking forward to Halloween this year and going trick or treating. I happened to be on addictive pinterest after dinner, and after seeing some pins that Jessica had pinned earlier today of DIY costumes, I did my own search and found this one.

and just my luck, Mark had wandered over to the couch and peaked over my shoulder right as this came up on my phone and immediately starts getting excited and says he wants to make it RIGHT NOW, MOMMY! and proceeds to run down to the basement to tell Daddy he needs a box and brings me his paint when he returns since he's ready to start painting and making his McQueen. So I guess this means, I'll be making a "costume" this year. It doesn't look too difficult, just finding the right size box to start. wish me luck . . .

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 23rd, 2013, 11:23 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do we have some pinterest issues here. LOL

That will be super cute!

I'm cheap so my kids will be reusing last yrs costume. I tell them when they get enough candy to cover the cost of one then they can get a new one. LOL Not sure what Easton will be. We have so many costumes for him right now and he wears them on any given day. I would hit the sales when my oldest two were little....when they are 70% off because kids love to dress up.

September 24th, 2013, 07:00 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My name is Kesley and I am also a Pinterest addict! LOL!!

That is a super cute costume Becky! That is super cute that Mark is so excited to help make it!!

I have made a few in in the past, but most are just ones from Walmart. Kendra wanted to be a cat again this year...that would be 3 years that she chose cat (and none of the costumes she could use again because she grew too much). I managed to talk her into trying something else. So she decided on a witch (there was a really neat green and black one there, but she didn't want to pick the one mom liked so chose a different one). Josh decided he wanted to be a train conductor. He's been really into trains and planes this month.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

September 24th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was totally planning on sewing costumes this year until I got pregnant. lol

Erin will be Merida, Patrick will be Michelangelo and Allison will be Batgirl

Patrick doesn't really like the mask, so I'm going to get some orange fabric and cut some eyeholes to make a bandanna for him.

September 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Erin looks like she is enjoying her costume!

September 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I like the halloweenie type costumes they look better on the Halloween paper. One of these designers needs to make Halloween papers that looks good with princess, butterfly, fairy and whatever girly costume they come up with.

We were thinking Wendy, tinkerbell, Peter pan and captain hook. I certain it won't happen because we have so much going on. I like costumes that can be used after Halloween usually as pjs.

And pinterest is killing me, such cute stuff their. I love this ghost costume.

September 24th, 2013, 10:35 AM
That ghost costume is too cute! Love it!

September 26th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupcake74 View Post
Do we have some pinterest issues here. LOL.
Yep, I admit, I'm an addict too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
My name is Kesley and I am also a Pinterest addict! LOL!!
I knew I wasn't the only addict. And Mark is so into trains too lately, both Thomas & Chuggington, but he wants McQueen for Halloween. I'm not sure which would be easier to pull together.

Brittanie - Love those costumes. Erin does really seem to like hers and I think making a bandana is a great idea.

Nicole - that ghost costume is so adorable!! Wendy, tinkerbell, peter pan & captain hook would be so adorable.

September 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Good luck with that Becky!! I can't wait to see how it comes out!

I loooove that little ghost costume!!! ROBIN, I think it would look super cute on Ellie one of these years (I know you've already got her figured out for this year).

I ordered a Gator costume for Zane from Carters. I was gonna post a link but its not on the website anymore for some reason... guess its good that I ordered early! Its just a comfy warm (probably too warm) baby costume.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

September 29th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Zane will be an adorable Gator.

I look forward to seeing all of our cuties dressed up.

October 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Mark looks awesome in picture & good luck with that costume I bought 2 ghost costumes & one look some funky costumes for kid. Our kids always love to wear Halloween costume during event & feel good with any stuff. I bought Baby Skeleton Toddler Costume at cheap Halloween costume deals through a online store.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search