October Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessica C

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
How's everyone doing this first week of October?

For me, we're having warm temps (talking about mid to upper 80s) these last few days. I guess summer is giving us her last gasp before fall time arrives for good. I am also really busy with work and pretty exhausted by the time I get home. In between all that, trying to coordinate a small dinner party this weekend to celebrate DH turning the big 4-0 this year. Mark is insisting we need to make Daddy a Lightening McQueen bday cake, just like his. I don't know what cake I will make yet, but it probably won't have any cars on it. I also have got a cardboard box & some red spraypaint so I hope to start working on Mark's Halloween costume soon too. Busy busy busy - that's my life at the moment.

How is everyone else?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
October 4th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
It has been fairly chilly here in the morning this well with temperatures below zero. It's supposed to start warming up again though starting today. I have all the kids today and DH had to watch them all this morning because I had volunteered to go on Holden's preschool field trip before I realized the catholic schools had a PD day, but it was fun and DH didn't mind. Tomorrow is the monthly card club so, I am looking forward to that. I'm going to start on Tristan's Birthday banner soon so I don't have to rush in November. He is going to have a minecraft party so it should be pretty easy and tedious decorations. I have a feeling I will strongly dislike squares when I'm done.

Becky, I can't wait to see how Marks costume turned out. It sounds very cute

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

October 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Popping in to say Hi! Busy here isn't the word for how things have been. Jaylen's loving preschool and I was hoping that I'd have her preschool time to catch up on things but that has yet to happen....not that 2 hours/day for only 2 days/week is going to help much but I was hoping. DH took her to FIL's over the weekend to give me some me time, which was AWESOME! I'm glad they are back and definitely enjoyed the me time just wish I had a week because then I would feel like some projects were getting done. Here I am complaining of lack of time but I have to admit that I made the "mistake" of breaking down and signing up for Pinterest ....talk about a vortex that'll suck you in! Gotta run but just wanted to say hi and I hope everyone is healthy, happy & scrappy!
Happy Song likes this.

October 9th, 2013, 08:01 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becky - Sorry things are staying so busy for you! I hope you get some time to scrap soon! How cute that Mark wanted daddy to have a Lightning McQueen cake! Hope Tony's birthday party went well! Can't wait to see Mark's Halloween costume!!

Tamara - That's awesome that your DH was so willing to help by watching all the kids so that you could still go on Holden's field trip! Can't wait to see the cards you made at card club and your banner for Tristan's birthday!

Jessica - Sorry things have been busy for you! That's great that your DH took Jaylen for a day so that you could get some "me time"! I agree that Pinterest is super addicting and a big time sucker! I've been trying hard not to spend too much time on it. LOL! Hope you are able to get some scrapping done soon!

AFM - Busy as usual. LOL! Celebrated Kendra's birthday this last weekend. We had family out on Sunday and then she took treats to school and had a party at the park with her friends on Monday. So spent most of last week gearing up for all of that and then the first part of this week recovering. Now time to get ready for my best friends wedding this weekend. Hopefully after that I will have a little more time! Realized that I still need to post projects that I did back in August and September! Already have one for October to post too. Maybe I can get to that this afternoon.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 9th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Becky I can't wait to see Marks Halloween costume!

Tamara I'm sure Tristan's Minecraft party will look awesome. I don't get why the kids like it so much. With all the awesome graphics they love a game that looks so old school. LOL

Haha the cats out of the bag Jessica!

Kelsey hope things simmer down so you can get your projects posted. Now I'm thinking of wedding cake. mmmmm

AFM Busy holding down the fort while hubby has been working out of town for the last 5 weeks. He should be home Fri. So I'm clearing my scrappy stuff of the dinning room table. However I am looking forward to going shopping on my own.. 5 weeks with 3 kids and no break........ahhhhhh

Last edited by Pupcake74; October 9th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
October 10th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Busy here too, and sickness has returned with a vengeance (I seriously feel like I'm in my first trimester again). Trying to get my house organized and keep it clean and I'm big and tired and sick...doesn't leave much mental energy for creative stuff! But I need to make a birthday card for my niece and get it out in the mail ASAP.

I miss you ladies!

October 10th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Tiffany - 5 weeks alone with the kids would have me going insane! Hope you get some good shopping time to yourself when he gets home!

Brittanie - So sorry you are feeling so ill! (((BIG HUGS))) I hope the sick feeling backs off a bit for at least some of the 3rd trimester.

AFM - Not much going on today. Need to get a wedding card made sometime today though.

October 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Hi ladies!

Jess - sorry you are so busy right now. I hope it slows down for you soon too. Yay for DH giving you some alone time, I know it was appreciated!! And about pinterest.

Tiffany - 5 weeks alone would drive me nuts too, and I only have the 1 kiddo.

Brittanie - Hugs! I hope the sickness goes back away. and LOVE the name, Owen. That is adorable.

Kelsey - good luck at the wedding this weekend. I hope you have a great time.

AFM - I am so busy right now, it is unbelievable. I am so glad DH drives us to & from work (we carpool) as I keep falling asleep. I have to work this weekend too, and then have 435 people to test Monday & Tuesday followed by grading these tests Wednesday into Thursday. Whew . . . I am so tired, but also thankful we only do this recruitment once a year. I could not imagine doing it 3-4 times a year. But for a chuckle, when you go through this many names (and after working in Human Resources for close to 17 years) you see some "interesting" names. For this recruitment, 2 really made me laugh today. We have a James Bond coming to test with us Monday. And another one has a first name Tequila. Maybe it's just my wonky sense of humor, but those made me laugh.

Besides work, DH's party went well. He enjoyed it and we just had a small group of our close friends. There were a couple of kids too so Mark loved it as well. For his cake, I ended up doing an icecream cake. No McQueen or Mater anywhere to be seen. But Mark and I did use gummybears to write Daddy's name on the cake.

We have some great crop challenges, and I hope to squeeze in some me time and scrap soon. I've missed all you ladies and also hope to have more time to get back online too. Sorry for being so MIA lately.

October 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
You definitely sound busy Becky! Glad your DH's party went well! James Bond and Tequila definitely made me chuckle!

AFM - Had a great time at the wedding! Was great to see my best friend and some of my other friends from home as well! Was also great to have a night away with just DH (kids stayed at my parents). My schedule looks like it may calm down for a bit now, so trying to catch up on cleaning the house as well as get my scrappy room picked up. Bought another 3 shelf unit to put in my scrappy room. Hoping this gives me the last little bit of storage that I need in there. Want to get that put together today. Teasing DH that he needs to go ahead and buy a game camera today. Told him that he might not need to use it right now, but I definitely would. Something has been coming up pretty close to the house. I've been concerned what kind of animal after I heard what I thought was out dog yelp one night. Wondering now if it was one of our cats as we have been missing one ever since. Dog dish kept getting really low overnight....which means whatever it is is brave enough to come into a fenced yard. Started shutting the gate and put an end to that. Came home from the wedding yesterday and a section of our chain link fence is all bent up - like something ran into it multiple times. Even looks like whatever it was tried to jump the fence as there was dents in the fence toward the top too. I sure hope that we don't have a really brave coyote or mountain lion trying to catch our cats! Kind of have to roll my eyes as I told DH, when the water dish was mysteriously getting low, that I thought something was coming up to the house. He didn't believe me...but now that we have dents in our fence he is starting to wonder too. Guess that is pretty much it going on here. Will try to get pictures taken of my projects and put up today too!

October 16th, 2013, 09:11 AM
How is everyone doing?? It is soooo quiet in here!

October 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM
We have all been very quiet lately! I'm still hanging in there though. I was just so busy this week, and managed to catch a cold on top of an ear infection, so I've been pretty miserable. Ear is much better (antibiotics are wonderful) and cold seems to be lifting now. The cold started Wednesday. I expect another busy day tomorrow (Employee of the Year ceremony) but after that work should slow down some. I've missed all you ladies and miss scrapping too. I also have really fallen off the wagon for fitness too, so that's yet another thing to get back in the routine of doing. Wish me luck . . .

So how is everyone? We all have been exceptionally quiet lately. . .

October 30th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Can't believe that October is almost over! Where did the month go??? How is everyone doing?

I feel so bad that I haven't really done any scrapping this month. Been trying to get some cleaning/organizing done in the basement and it has been slow going. DH is wanting the guest room cleaned by next weekend as he might be having a friend out for the annual hunting season get together. When we had the electrician out last month, DH moved A BUNCH of stuff out of the storage room into the guest room. Most of the stuff that was in the storage room needed to be sorted and put away in it's "new home" (just shoved everything in the storage room that was left in the old house and had to wait to finish the basement before I could deal with it). I've also been working on organizing my scrappy space since I didn't really get to participate in the challenge when we did it here on the board. So yeah....that is where I have been most of this month. I guess that DH and I have also been planning a trip for our belated 10th wedding anniversary celebration. So that has been taking up quite a bit of time too. We are looking at doing a Mississippi River cruise to celebrate our 10 years together! We are both really looking forward to it!

Had to take our dog to the vet yesterday. Has had a lump on his neck for a couple of weeks. (Have had the vet look at it once before). Ended up having to have surgery to have the lump removed. Vet's don't think it was anything to worry about - just a plugged gland or something.

Also carved pumpkins last night. DH really wanted to carve pumpkins with the kids...he easily forgets that they can't really do that on their own yet. So, just as I thought it would, it turned into him and I carving pumpkins while the kids played. I think they will enjoy painting pumpkins tonight much better.

Not much else happening here.

October 30th, 2013, 08:13 PM
This month has flown by! And don't feel bad, I've not done much crafting or scrapping either. Work has been insane and add in the sickness and the month just got away.

LOL about the pumpkins. We haven't tried carving one with Mark. I don't know if DH ever really carved pumpkins before. When you're raised in Greece, pumpkins are not as popular. I'm sure Mark would love painting them though. I hope you post some pics of the kids painting them, Kelsey! That would be cute to see.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search