November Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BeckyM

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2013, 09:44 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What's everyone up to these days?? How was everyone's Halloween?? Can you believe that it is already November?? Where did time go...October went way too fast (in my opinion)! Has anyone started their Christmas/Holiday shopping yet? Anything exciting happening this month?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

November 3rd, 2013, 07:43 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, Kelsey, where did time go...October or really most of this year has just flown by. Our Halloween was good, Mark loved his first time trick or treating and still plays with his costume. Having started Christmas shopping really, but am starting to pull stuff together to make some presents. and for November, MIL comes home from Greece Tuesday evening, so I expect to be pretty busy with her for several weeks. And then before we know it, it will be Thanksgiving followed quickly by Christmas, and then 2014 will be here. I think I will just expect time to continue to fly by.
babyloves2dance likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 4th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree this yr has flown by. Normally I'm about down with shopping but this yr I'm at a loss as what to do. The older kids 11 and 9 really don't need anything....not that they can pick up what they do have....and my LO he has more than enough left over from the older two. When I was at Costco a week or so ago I did pick him up a nice food set they had there.....he loves playing in his kitchen. They also had a big Jack and the Neverland Pirates set that I got. Both were gonna be the big presents from santa but someone who's job is to get the big bulky stuff out of the car after my Costco run decided he would get the stuff later but before he did he sent the older kids to get their stuff from the car so now they are not santa presents. Yuup!

November 5th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Frustrating when they see the presents early. I really need to get moving on shopping/making gifts. I really don't want to be scrambling at the last minute again.

November 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tiffany - That stinks that the kids saw the presents early! Hate when that happens.

AFM - Sorry to be so quiet lately. We've been super busy here with harvest. I've made 8 trips to town in the last 6 days. (40 mile round trip each time) Josh is so sick of being in the car now. I also got distracted with some genealogy stuff. The school borrowed DH's grandpa's navy uniform from the museum for a display for Veteran's Day. They were wanting us to find an article or picture to go with it so that the kids could see more of the story that went with it. I haven't really ever done much genealogy stuff (with the exception of helping mom go through microfiche...and not really knowing what I was looking for...when I was in high school. DH and I have both talked about getting into genealogy though and now I want to even more. Not sure when exactly I would have time to do it, since I can't even find time to scrapbook. LOL! Also been doing a lot of work on our taxes. I think I have bought 2 presents so far and that is it for Christmas shopping. DH is being extremely difficult to shop for this year. I'm not into Black Friday shopping, and won't be able to do it this year anyway, but the item I have been looking at getting him is on sale for a great price that day. Hoping they extend the sale on that item into Cyber Monday so that I can get it. (Was thinking of getting him a Play Station 3 for a combination birthday/Christmas gift). I guess that is pretty much what has been happening here.

How is everyone else doing??

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

November 24th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Hi ladies! I apologize for being so quiet and being MIA lately. I've just been depressed lately, and just not in a great mood. I was reading the posts but couldn't find energy to respond. I am working through a few things now and starting to feel better so I hope to be back to my cheerful perky self soon.

So, how is everyone else doing? It won't be long til we have a new baby on our board to drool over. (won't be long now, Brittanie )

How's everyone doing on their Christmas gift buying and/or making?

November 25th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
Hi Ladies, Sorry I have been MIA. It's been a busy month.

Tiffany that really sucks about the Santa gifts. That almost happened here, Thankfully Ryland didn't look into the back of the van.

Kelsey sorry you have been so busy. Harvesting is no fun. Genealogy is such an interesting thing to do.

Becky you did an amazing job on Marks Costume. I hope you feel back to normal soon. It's hard feeling depressed and getting out of it. I feel like that at times too.

I've actually done a lot of crafting this month. I made Tristan's party invitations, A very large 64 piece creeper backdrop on my wall for photos at his party. I had a Christmas stamp and stack and card club and then this past weekend I went to a 2 day crop at a nearby town. Now I just need to unpack and reorganize all my supplies.
I have most of my Christmas shopping done for the boys, I still need something for Tristan, DH and my mom. I need to make a shutterfly calendar for her.

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

November 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Hi, Tamara! Yay for doing so much crafty things. I am so so jealous. I look forward to seeing what you made. And great job on almost being done for Christmas shopping.

We pretty much have Mark done, but need to work on the rest of our shopping list. Mark's presents are either at DH's work, and some in the trunk of our car. He's too short to see inside trunk for now so we should be safe.

November 28th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I used to be done by Thanksgiving. I haven't even started Christmas shopping.

I am completely bummed that my scrap stuff is packed. My move is stalled grrrrr nothing is ever easy.

Cade is another awesome easy sweet baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search