April Chit Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! Here we are almost the middle of April, but I'm just getting a chance to get online. I've had a sick household, and I was the latest one to fall ill middle of last week. I am starting to feel a little better now, thankfully. I got Mark's bday invites done earlier this week, and need to work on a bday banner. He will be 4 in less then 3 weeks, and his bday party is 3 weeks from today. I hope to find some energy to do more bday stuff and also scrap too. I have my scrap area cleaned and ready to go.

So how is everyone else doing? I see some great pages & cards posted. Any plans for Easter? I hope everyone finally has springtime temps, and that winter is finally over for all of us.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
April 16th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
It is official I'm finally moving Saturday the day before Easter we are taking the first load, then we are moving the first few days of May. Sooooooo I'll be packing not scrapping.
April 17th, 2014, 01:07 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becky - Sorry everyone in your family has been sick. I hope you all get feeling better really soon!

Nicole - Hooray!! I bet you are excited to get moved into your new house!!

AFM - I'm so sorry I have been so MIA this month. Things have been really busy here. We still have 5 cows that haven't had their babies yet. It is my job to check on them multiple times a day. Until a couple days ago, I was feeding 2 bucket calves - the one the kids are keeping as a "summer pet" and another that just got a new home and a good mommy to take care of him. I decided to sign up to be a beachbody coach, so have been trying to wrap my head around that. Hopefully training next month will help. And Kendra started soccer the 1st week of April...so we are making trips to town 3 days a week (twice for practice and once for a game). I feel really bad that I have been MIA from the board so much. Sorry again about that ladies.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 17th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Becky I hope you all are 100% real soon. Just remember kids just want the cake/ice cream with family and friends.

Nicole hope the move goes well.

Kelsey I have to ask....does your checking on them include you sticking your arm up their whoha's. I tried shakology and I was allergic to something in it but yet I have no none food allergies.

AFM I'm trying to get settled in. The boxes seem to be like bunny's they mulitply while I sleep. LOL Brandon has his first baseball game this weekend and so the madness begins. 2-3 games a week and a practice on top of scouts. I hope hubby transfers back out to the Denver yard soon. Mommy is being worn thin.

April 17th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Tiffany - Nope. No sticking the arm up the whoha's. We have the vet do that in October. All I have to do as far as checking them is look at them to see if anyone is walking around with their tail kinked and stinking out, water sacks out, or if I can see hooves. Any of the above and I get to look at them every 15-20 minutes to make sure they don't have trouble having the calf. If they have trouble I call DH and get the pulling supplies ready so that we can help the cow out. Bummer on being allergic to something in the shakeology. I'm sure it is possible though with all the ingredients that we don't typically find here which would definitely make it harder to find what you are allergic to. I can't use Beachbody's Energy and Endurance formula. I have come to the conclusion that I have a caffeine intolerance or allergy. Pretty sure it was what was causing my throat to feel like it was swelling up. I've cut out almost all caffeine (all but chocolate) and it has pretty well gone away! I hope your hubby gets back soon and things let up for you!

April 19th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Hi ladies. I will have to pop back on later after church. I ended up really sick this week and off work for most of it. I am finally feeling better so I will be back this afternoon to post crop challenges and get caught up on posts.

April 22nd, 2014, 09:23 PM
Becky: I hope you feel better soon

Tiffany: did you get your scrappy stuff settled yet?

Kelsey: I hope your cows have easy births.

AFM: we moved a 26 foot trailer worth of stuff to a storage shead in our new town. My scrappy stuff is all moved to my mother in laws house. I get to take it out of the boxes there.whoo hoo I'm glad I'll get to finally get this house clean. I swear my kids are a demolishion crew. We are supposed to move on May first. Of course there is a fly in the ointment and we found a lump on baby Cade's side so we have to have that churches out. So far the doctor saw it and sent him for an ultrasound which was inconclusive. So he is being sent for a surgical consultation. In my opinion the radiologist didn't like the lump and is going to have them remove it and biopsy it before uttering anything bad or scary about the lump.
April 23rd, 2014, 08:26 AM
Good luck moving, Nicole!

I am feeling pretty good now, finally. Just overwhelmed with lots to catch up on here at work.

So how is everyone doing? We've been so quiet here lately.

April 23rd, 2014, 01:13 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've got so much going on! I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed too. The transitions to 2 and 3 kids were pretty easy for me, but adding #4 has just thrown me for a loop

April 23rd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Oh Brittanie I agree 110% going from 2 children to three children as easy and seem less going from 3 to 4 was just awful.

So my move is in limbo. Most my stuff is in storage a state away. We were supposed to move on the first but baby Cade was refered to children's hospital and his appointment is May 13th. This completely sucks for the move and finances not even going to the thought of what if the lump is Cancerous.
April 26th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Hugs, Brittanie! I get overwhelmed with one kid with full-time work. I cannot imagine handling 4.

Nicole, I hope everything works out well with Cade. Is there any chance of them moving up his appointment?

AFM, things are good, just very busy. I'm trying to get caught up at work after being off for a week when I was so sick. And then next week, I'm doing work stuff but outside the office (monitoring exams then grading) for 4 days straight as well as at home trying to get everything done for Mark's bday party next Saturday. I feel like I'm spinning in circles, chasing my own tail. And today, we're taking Mark to Day out with Thomas the train as our bday gift to him. He doesn't know what we are doing, and I cannot wait to see his reaction. It should be lots of fun, and I cannot wait to scrapbook this day.

I hope everyone is doing well this weekend. Beautiful weather here, low 70s and sunshine for a nice change. Maybe now, spring will finally stick around here . . .

April 28th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Nicole - So sorry about finding a lump on Cade's side. Hopefully everything is okay and it isn't anything serious. Keeping You, Cade and your family in my thoughts and prayers! Best of luck with your move too!

Becky - Glad you are feeling better! Sorry you are so busy with work right now though. I hope all goes well with Mark's birthday! Won't be long and I will be planning Josh's. How has time flown so fast? How can they be 4 already?!? How did Mark like Day out with Thomas?

Brittanie - Sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed right now. Hopefully that feeling lets up soon!

AFM - Staying busy here as usual. This is Kendra's last week of soccer so things should hopefully slow down a bit here. I'm really really wanting to get some scrapping and cards done! Missing it so much!! Diet/Fitness wise, I am doing really well there. I just finished my 2nd round of 21 Day Fix and have lost a total of 2 inches in the 42 days (weight has actually went up a tad...thinking muscle gain though). Started round 3 today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search