Help with a scrapbooking basic kit.

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2007, 06:53 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
One of my good friends is moving back in the state and she wants to get into scrapbooking with me. She has been working on a preschool book for her daughter, but not really venturing out to far from the basics. Talking to her yesterday she had asked how I cut the paper so straight. Turns out she doesn't even have a paper trimmer and has been doing everything with just a pair of scissors.

So she is coming out to visit next week, and I wanted to put together a basic kit to send her back home with. Something with just the essentials, but since I have my own unique style, what I might see as neccesary, might not be used so much by someone else. So would you mine helping me out here? I'll list what I use in almost every page. If I have something there that you maybe use less then 20% of the time, then please let me know. And if I miss something that you use more often then 80% please let me know...she has paper so I'll leave that off.

Paper Trimmer
adhesive (I use the Dotto runner)
One cat's eye stamping ink in Black
cutting mat and exacto knife
glue dots
3-D foam dots
see through ruler
a collection of markers (or gel pens)

and I am debating on a circle cutter. I use mine alot, but you can get away with not using them.

So if you see something that I missed that is essential, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

The blinky is clickable!!
May 22nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Meegan
Maybe some ribbon or string (I know they sell a whole mess of it in a baggie for like $1)
Buttons
One of the scissors with the decorative cutting blade
blank chipboard letters that she can color or paint

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search