Scrapbooker of the week!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2007, 11:15 AM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LET'S GIVE HER A BUSY WEEK!!!!!

Can we ask you to post picture?

What was your scrapbooking disaster?

How long have you been scrapbooking?

What does your DH think of you scrapbooking hobby?

What is your favorite memory of scrapbooking?

How did you get into scrapbooking?

How old are your kids?

What is your kids favorite outdoor activity?

What kind of car do you drive?

How much is gas where you live??

June 12th, 2007, 12:43 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can we ask you to post picture? Sure, I just added the one with my family in my siggy...so I'll have to find something else.

What was your scrapbooking disaster? So far it is working with permanent stuff and then wanting to move it....then ripping. Then ruined.

How long have you been scrapbooking? Off and on since I was 13 I would say

What does your DH think of you scrapbooking hobby? He loves it. His hobby is model trains, and he always says that he should be doing something that years from now will have meaning...although I think what he does will too. He does it with the boys and those are memories they won't forget.

What is your favorite memory of scrapbooking? I am not sure. I'll have to think about that one.

How did you get into scrapbooking? Now this is going to date me. My 1st book was for the New Kids on the Block. I ripped apart every Bop and Bop Jr. Magazine I could and would tape it onto construction paper and make a book from that. I never kept them and gave them away.

How old are your kids? Ethan 4-, Colin 3 and Hope will be 9 months on the 18th.

What is your kids favorite outdoor activity? Anything we do up north at our cottage...building sand castle, fires on the beach, relaxation...everything but the boat. I hate boats.

What kind of car do you drive? One I said I would never, ever, ever drive. Even after I had Ethan....a minivan. See warning for all you mommies that will try to stay on the more modern nonembarrising side of parenting. Once you get into one of these things and you see how all three of the kids fit in, yourself and spouse and all the other baby gear you will just love it.

I am trying to find a photo that I haven't scrapbooked yet and one that you all probally have not see. So here I found one when I was about 35 weeks pregnant with Hope.

How much is gas where you live?? 3.17

Edite: forgot the last question.

The blinky is clickable!!
June 12th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Lets see some pictures!!!

Your favorite page!

Your least favorite page!

One of your first pages!!

Where you scrapbook!!

June 12th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Favorite page: This is a hard one- I have so many. I guess my most recent favorite page is this one.

Least favorite:

One of my 1st pages. Since I don't have my NKOB book I have my wedding one that I started but never finished. This would be about 7 years ago. Hey and this reminds me of what I did with all of those wedding cards. I used them in my scrapbook pages. Either by using that as a mat for a photo, or I would cut out the front and frame it or matte it.

And my scrapping area; First let me appologize for the mess. I haven't cleaned it up since the crop 2 weeks ago. But I am going to have to to get ready for the crop on Thur. that I am going to. It's my dining room for now. But my future space is in the basement. Dry wall is up, it just needs to be mudded, paint and flooring.

June 12th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Ashtyns_mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ashtyns_mom
what is your favorite scrapbooking store?

What is your favorite scrapbooking brand?

do you have any furbabies?

June 13th, 2007, 06:47 AM
what is your favorite scrapbooking store? Just the local specialty stores. Stamping and Scrappin, and the Scrapbook Emporium.

What is your favorite scrapbooking brand? Basic Grey for paper and Heidi swap for embellishments.

do you have any furbabies? One dog named Miles. He is a Jack Russell.

June 13th, 2007, 09:19 AM
How long does it take you do a page?

What are your other hobby's do you enjoy

What is your favorite movie?

What is your favorite book??

What kind of music do you like?

June 13th, 2007, 09:30 AM
How long does it take you do a page? Depends on the page. Some will take me all day. Others just a few hours. There are very, very few pages that I've done in less than 30 minutes.

What are your other hobby's do you enjoy...Floral arraging, cooking, party planning.

What is your favorite movie? While You Were Sleeping

What is your favorite book?? The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans

What kind of music do you like? Country, and contempory christian...I don't like anything with Rap and swearing....I used to be fine with all music, then I had kids.

June 13th, 2007, 03:28 PM
What is your favorite embellisment??

Do you stamps??

Do you use stickers??

Can we see some pictures of your kids??

June 14th, 2007, 05:43 AM
What is your favorite embellisment?? Flowers and Chipboard shapes and letters.

Do you stamps?? Not yet, I was just talking to another JM'er about this very thing. I am afraid to venture into this area, because I have a habit of falling in love with it, then wanting everything to do with it. I already spend a ton on just what I use for scrapbooking

Do you use stickers?? Sometimes. I buy them, but then they never seem to make my page. The only way I seem to use them is if I have a certain page that I deliberalty purchase them for. But I did in the last crop use a lot more than I usually do.

Can we see some pictures of your kids?? Of course you can, I love putting those out there.

Here is one of my boys from Xmas

Here is one I just took of Hope a couple of days ago.

And here is our last family photo:

June 14th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Veteran
No questions, Chanda, I just wanted to say that I LOVE your pages

June 14th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Thanks! And welcome to the board!!! I saw in your gallery that you just started scrapping! Yeah!!!! Careful, it leads to an addiction. We hope that you can make our next crop. Basically what we do is you'll see a voting poll about a good weekend for you. And luckily the weekend that gets the most votes is a good one for you. Then throughout Friday , Saturday and Sunday Jaime (Michaelswife) will post challenges. They range from something like use ribbon on your page, to use three different patterned papers and buttons. Anything like that. There is usually some sketches too which you can interpert however you want. It kind of gets your brain moving, and it is nice to say this weekend I am dedicating to getting a few pages done. Because we all know that these little ones seem to grow up so fast and before you know it, you're working on their first 3 months and they are currently celebrating their 1st birthday

June 14th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Veteran
Thanks, Chanda! I was wondering what the crop challenges were.

June 17th, 2007, 07:52 AM
MB23
Congrats Chanda on Scrapbooker of the Week!

Maybe some time I will join in on a crop...
June 18th, 2007, 10:12 AM
That would be great Michelle if you could join in on a crop.

June 18th, 2007, 10:17 AM
MB23
Quote:
That would be great Michelle if you could join in on a crop.[/b]
Can you email me all the detail of how that all works? The kit swap seems very neat too!
I am sure once I get started here, it will be hard to stop - at least till we move and it all gets packed away!

I keep forgetting to tell you about my memory box! I need to take some pictures.
June 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM
jbc0827
First I want to say I love your pages!!!!!!!!!!!!

second, my question is: What advice would you give someone that is just starting to scrapbook (ie: what to get/what not to get, organization, paper, etc)?
June 19th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Quote:
First I want to say I love your pages!!!!!!!!!!!!

second, my question is: What advice would you give someone that is just starting to scrapbook (ie: what to get/what not to get, organization, paper, etc)?[/b]

Thanks for the compliment!

That's a great question.

My best advice is don't try to scrapbook with a timeline. As if doing your pictures in order. Do what pictures are your favorites, capture memories that 20 years from now you Really Really want to remember. If I tried to do mine in order I would be stuck back in the first year of my 1st born, and he is 4 now.

Don't go to the scrapbook store without a game plan in mind. If you have something in mind as to what you want, it is easier to stick to just that. There are so many products out there that you may only use once. So walk away from the flowers that are so cute that "maybe" you could incorporate into your page. Stick to the basics. If you find that when you look at a scrapbooking magazine that you are always drawn towards the distressed look to make a page look older, then maybe just buy one black cat's eye ink pad. They're really small, and if you find that you use it more and more, then invest in other colors. And if you see something that you really want but might not need, hold off until it is on sale or you have a really good coupon.

To organize scraps I just use an accodian file system. And it works perfect. I really do use them more often. I have them organized by solid colors, then stripes and polka dots are in one slot and all other patterns in another...I organize my 12x12 paper the same way but in plastic drawers that I just purchased. For a long time I just used an old box that I found and organized them by color and pattern in that vertically.

And one thing I use a ton is an exacto knife. I reach for it all the time. Since I don't have a circit, if I want a title cut out of a paper I would just use Word, type up the title in whatever font I wanted, mirror the image then print it off. Then you cut it out with the exacto knife, then flip it over and glue it onto your page.

So far I have managed to get along fine without a cricut, or a Xyron machine, or a corner punch. In fact I would not recommend buying any punches and just using your exacto knife. I also don't have many of those vellum quote packs. I figure I'll just surf the net and find a quote and print it on my own vellum. I stay away from stickers unless I have a page I need a sticker for.

And last is have fun! If you are not having fun and you are stuck on a page, then walk away or start a new one.

June 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM
2bluesandapink's Avatar Addicted to Gymbo!
Send a message via AIM to 2bluesandapink
She's amazing isn't she? I WISH I could do as nice of pages as she does!

Want to earn some extra funds for yourself? Try joining Swagbucks. I was totally skeptical about "free money" but I finally joined and I'm glad I did!! PM me for me info or click here to join! No strings attached!
June 19th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Quote:
She's amazing isn't she? I WISH I could do as nice of pages as she does![/b]

Awe Shucks

I'm assuming since you popped on over here on the scrapbooking board that that little gal of yours hasn't shown up yet? I know she's not due yet, but still any day could be the day right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search