Crop last night

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2007, 06:42 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Why is it that when you go to a crop when that closing time comes around you are still in the mood to do more scrapbooking, nevermind that it is 11 o'clock at night

The crop went well. I didn't get much done however, not because I was chatting, but because most of the gals were asking questions about my techniques. They would hear me sand papering away and then come over and ask me. Then asked about chalks, which I showed them. Then about faux stitching which I showed them. Then I helped my friend with her layout. So needless to say I didn't get much done, but I LOVED having the chance to share all the techniques I have learned and use quite frequently. Maybe I should look into being an instructor . I really loved helping them out. It's just I see such amazing pages that I really don't hold mine up to those standards because they are just amazing. So I don't know if I am expirenced enough to do a class.

anyway. Once I get these few pages finished that I started, I'll post them.

Anyway- I am on my way up north to our cottage so everyone have a GREAT weekend!!!

***Updated with pics a few post down.

The blinky is clickable!!
June 15th, 2007, 07:12 AM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you had fun!!! Hope you have a great weekend at your cottage!!

June 15th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Veteran
I have seen your pages and would totally take a class from you!!

June 18th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Here are the pics from the crop from Thursday...I didn't get much done. In fact these ones I still had to do some work on last night.

June 18th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
OK, I would take a class from you too. Is that just regular paper that you are sandpapering? I have never tried that before.
June 18th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Quote:
OK, I would take a class from you too. Is that just regular paper that you are sandpapering? I have never tried that before.[/b]

Well these two pages are a good example of what different affects you can get from sandpapering.

On the 1st set of pages in green, sanding works better on these because it is on a white core card stock. So when you sand you'll get the white to show through. (then I usually add chalk and ink too) When you go shopping for paper you can look for white core to be listed on the front of the package if you get one of those packaged bulk sets of paper. If you are buying the paper from open stock, just look at the paper on the edge and you can kind of see how it is a little white between the front and back. If you can't tell then it is probally not a white core paper.

On the second set is what it would look like if you sanded paper that has the color through and through. I sanded it, but you really can't tell. So to make it look old I just rubbed on some brown ink.

You just use regular old sandpaper that you might use on wood. Also you can use wire brushes (just rub them over the top of your page) and it will give it a more prominent line. And if you crumple the paper ahead of time then rub, it will take off more of the color on any creases given it an even older, more well worn feel.

let me know how it goes!!!

June 18th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Ashtyns_mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ashtyns_mom
I would take a class with you! I love your stuff.

June 18th, 2007, 08:27 PM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would SO take a class from you!!! I love all your pages..You do a great JOB!!

June 19th, 2007, 08:01 AM
jbc0827
I would take a class from you too. I love your pages!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search