Hey Ladies

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off sorry I haven't been around as much...It has been a CRAZY week this week so far..But a couple questions for you ladies.

Are you still interested in doing the Technique,Theme, and Sketch of the week?? Cause the last few I have posted have not been getting done..I know with it being summer and stuff it is super BUSY!!!! Just let me know what you think!!!

Also I think that the scrapbooker of the week went really well...But I don't have many people signed up so if anyone wants to sign up please let me know!!!

And then I was wondering when everyone wanted to do a crop again..What month would work best for everyone?

And one more question for you ladies...I might post a few challanges...I not sure what the challanges would be but it would be during the week and who ever got them done would win a small prize and if there is more than one person get all the challanges done...There would be a drawing...

I am trying to come up with ways to get this board moving I know its been kinda slow...So if you have any ideas feel free to PM me!!!

June 21st, 2007, 12:52 PM
jbc0827
I am new here and I want to do the theme, technique, or sketch of the week. And today we are taking Kenzie in the pool for the first time. I know bad mommy waiting a year and some change but I really thought last summer she was too young. So I am planning on getting a page done on that over the weekend.

I would like to sign up for Scrapbooker of the week too. Although I don't have much to share.

Right now the only time for the next few weeks that wouldn't work for me for a crop is the weekend of July 26th.

I would like to participate in the challenges. And the only prize I would like is constructive criticism. Man, am I cheap and easy or what? LOL
June 21st, 2007, 12:55 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think maybe you might what to just make the challenge once a week. Like 1 week do a sketch, the next a theme, and the next a new technique with a link with instructions or a pic.

I haven't been able to do the theme ones because I am despertately trying to get my vacation book done, and it pretty much has it's own theme. My regular 12x12 pages allowes me to be more creative, but I just haven't been working on them.

Another crop sounds good. Maybe just do a mini one with only 3 challenges a day since it is summer? I know that last crop I actually got 21 pages done, yikes! I know some people that are lucky to get 21 pages done in a year

A challenge marathon with a prize sound good to me!

I was just thinking that one way to get the board moving is to have each one of us go to our playrooms and post a welcome! I think people stay more active in a board if they know someone. Then maybe go to the other DDC as well as playgroups and send an invite. I am sure not many know what fun we all have here.

The blinky is clickable!!
June 21st, 2007, 04:59 PM
Veteran
I would LOVE to do challenges! But I'm not as fast as other people are and am also busy, so Chanda's idea of one per week sounds good. I actually have a water theme page going on, but I don't want to submit it for voting. I'm just beginning and am intimidated by what you guys do!

And I'll totally be a scrapbooker of the week, although I'm not sure what I can contribute beyond lots of questions for other people. You guys are all so good

A crop sounds fun. Do you need to participate in each idea? Or can you just pick a few? I know that there is no way I would possibly do 21 pages in a weekend, but I'd love to be pushed to get more accomplished I am around every weekend but next weekend.

June 21st, 2007, 06:02 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I like all your ideas. I've been so busy lately though that I haven't been on this board in forever.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 21st, 2007, 07:34 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I actually have a water theme page going on, but I don't want to submit it for voting. I'm just beginning and am intimidated by what you guys do!

And I'll totally be a scrapbooker of the week, although I'm not sure what I can contribute beyond lots of questions for other people. You guys are all so good

A crop sounds fun. Do you need to participate in each idea? Or can you just pick a few? I know that there is no way I would possibly do 21 pages in a weekend, but I'd love to be pushed to get more accomplished I am around every weekend but next weekend.[/b]
Jill-(jbc0827)- I think your name is Jill, so please, please let me know if I am wrong on that one....we would love for to sign up for scrapbooker of the week-I just realized that I really don't know that much about you, so it gives us a chance to really get to know you..

I can't wait to see the page with the pool pics! I hope Kenzie has a blast!

The weekend of July 27th for the crop isn't a good one for me either- but only because I am meeting up with some other JM mommies from my playroom (so excited about that)

Jes-

You have amazing work. My pages when I first started were no where near what you have now. And you've already been biten by the scrapbook addiction bug , so in no time at all you are going to be rolling out some front page magazine award winning pages and blow all of us away....so for sure submit what you have. I would LOVE to see it!

Scrapbooker of the week really is so we get to know you, and since you are really new it is perfect for you, so we can throw a gazillion questions towards you.

And no you don't have to participate in all the crops, or even each idea/challenge. You can pick and choose what challenges you want to do, you can even pick and choose if you want to participate that weekend in the challenge. I know I only get a few done on the actual weekend just because it gets busy around my house, but during the week after I get the kids to bed is my time. So I like to catch up. The only reason I got 21 pages done the last time is a couple were double pages, and I was really pushing and challenging myself just to see if I could do it (And I have to get this vacation book done by July 4th)...

Heather-

We miss you girl! But you are going to have a BLAST at your scrapbooking convention- take notes on any new techniques and products for me!!

The blinky is clickable!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search