How much time...

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2007, 04:02 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
How much time do you spend scrapbooking each week?

I used to spend about 3 hours, but I haven't been lately because I lost all of my supplies in our fire... I've replaced them now and I'm going to start again, I want to try and find more time than I did before though...
June 23rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First let me say WELCOME to the board!!!!

That is terrible about your house fire, I can't even begin to imagine what was lost. Did you lose a lot of pictures? I was at a crop where they were advertising someone that would place all of your paper pages on a digital CD just in case. Maybe I should look into that a little more seriously.

I see that you are expecting soon, so it is a very good thing that you are stocked back up on your supplies, because scrapbooking the little ones is the most fun! Especially all those first and things you just can't get enough of (like baby smiles, love those).

And if you have any pages done and you are up to it, be sure to post them in our gallery section. I love getting inspiration from other peoples work.

As for your question, I try to spend about 3 hours a week minumum. But if it is a good week, probally 5. But I am terribly known to spend hours on just one page, so sad to say that I still even at 5 hours don't get much done.

The blinky is clickable!!
June 23rd, 2007, 07:28 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Thanks :-)... We lost about two thirds of our printed pictures, and a lot of the ones we did get out have some water damage, thankfully though I had my laptop with me at the time and we have a lot of our more recent pictures saved on there.
June 23rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Sad to say, but I only spend about 1-2 hours per week scrapbooking but that is not an every week thing. I really need to get my mojo!
June 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Ashtyns_mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ashtyns_mom
Since teaching my class this month I have been scrappig aroun 5-6 or more a week depending on the page. Next month I plan on going to 2 of the Friday night crops that will be hosted by our LSS from 6pm-midnight. I really want to get DD's book caught up, and my book too.

June 23rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I spend alot of time scrapbooking..I would say at least 8 hours a week...Some weeks alot more!!! Just depends on how busy we are that week!!

June 24th, 2007, 03:56 AM
3girlz4me's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it was about 8-10 hrs a week that is mommy daughter time.

But since we got those darn webkinz, we all seem to be a little obsesed LOL and spend all our spare time on the webkinz site.
June 24th, 2007, 05:28 AM
jbc0827
I know what you are going through. About six years ago we lost everything in a fire. I lost just about all my oldest dd's pictures. Now I have all my pics on discs and I keep one of them in a fireproof box and I give discs to other family members to keep safe. I know it is obsessive. LOL

I have not been able to devote much time to scrapbooking just yet. I have just got started and I do not have a lot of tools so I have to wait until either my friend has time or we go to a crop.
June 24th, 2007, 05:46 AM
mamma2petunia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to mamma2petunia Send a message via AIM to mamma2petunia Send a message via Yahoo to mamma2petunia
How much time do you spend scrapbooking each week?

I AM SO EMBARRASSED!!! I am a SAHM and it seems like I NEVER get to scrap unless it's on the weekend!!! I haven't done any pages in what seems like MONTHS!! I am very good at taking pics and getting them printed, though. I have them all organized in an "under-the-bed" container and in time/date dividers . . . even have them separated out by which album they will go in!

I guess making more time to scrap will be on my "to do" list!!!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">Thanks Jolene for my beautiful siggie!!</div></span>
June 24th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Not much time at all. Fritz doesn't nap much, my husband works a lot plus goes to school, and I cross stitch, quilt, and like to read in addition to scrapbooking. Maybe I'll start getting together with my husband's boss's wife or my mom to scrapbook.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search