What are your embellishment must haves?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2008, 06:48 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
So I am looking to spend my birthday money and I plan on buying all Scrapbooking stuff.

My question to you girls is what embellishments do you have to have? Do you just buy things when you see it and hope that eventually you will be able to use it on a page?

I am looking at purchasing things online but might also go to Michaels here in London to get a few things. I like seeing things in person and I am always unsure when I buy stuff online if I am really going to like it.

So Please help me spend my money.
February 2nd, 2008, 05:22 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I like the really nice stickers (Jolee's Boutique type) and use a lot of them. And then I love brads and stuff like that. What I use varies, though, depending on my mood.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

February 2nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am an embellishment junkie

I use a lot of rub-on's and buttons. I used to use a lot of flowers but I seemed to have slowed on those and just cut them out of paper and layer them. I also use a lot of chipboard, but you can get the same look with cutting it out of paper as well and using 3-D foam dots. Lately I noticed I am using rhinestones, (which is for sure a personal taste), but I used them to circle things in pictures.

I would say before you go shopping. Look at some layouts and see what layouts draw you to them. If you see a pattern as to what type of layouts you like, see if there is something on them that they use over and over again. And if you can't figure out what they used, post the link here and we'll try to help you out.

The blinky is clickable!!
February 2nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Great idea Chanda about looking at layouts. I always find I am like a kid in a candy store when I go to a craft store and buy what I think I will like but then when I get home I really have nothing else to go with it.
February 2nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really like close to my heart stuff. I am not sure you can get it were you are? I am sure you can find some of this stuff other places on line.

Things I like from there are:
Liquid glass (I gives what ever you want a clear coat over the top. It can make some fun stuff)
Stapler & colored staples
Edge distresser
Texture tool are neat

I also love using buttons you can find neat ones all over.
Clear Glitter (you can see what ever color is under neath but it is glittery)

Glue pen to use with glitter
Corner punch to round off your coroner's

Hope this helps you! Happy shopping!

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

February 2nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I usually just buy things as I see them - although I must admit that I saw those tear bears on ebay and bought a bunch! I use ebay a lot for scrapbooking stuff, since we don't have anything but Walmart here that sells supplies.

February 2nd, 2008, 10:42 AM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, lemme see...I love ribbon, buttons, brads, anything metal. I love 3d stickers, and rubons. I've only just gotten into flowers, but I'm enjoying those.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search