Challenge #2: tell us a little bit about yourself

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2008, 07:07 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Many of you commented on how you loved Sherry's page about her home town, and suggested that we do a challenge like that for the crop. Well here is you chance. There are 3 options. you can choose to do one, or all of them, totally up to you..just have fun!

1. Do a page featuring your hometown
2. Do a page featuring your house/apartment/condo...anything that would leave memories for you if you ever move later in life.
3. Do a page featuring your favorite things right now. We all know taste change, but some stay the same. So what's your favorites right now.

The blinky is clickable!!
February 8th, 2008, 08:31 AM
lovemyluke&joel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Got it! I will pick one!

Jen & Eric
Luke (2/23/06) & Joel (3/23/09)

February 8th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
ooh this will be fun now i just have to find a picture

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

February 8th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I did numbers 1 and 2 for this one.

For number one I decided to talk about the Metro public transportation system we have where I live. I printed out the Metro rail map for this page. I "circled" the stop nearest to where we live with a hollow star.

For number two I actually used pictures from a previous house we lived in. I had pictures of the walls of the nursery we decorated for Ani. She never slept in that room since we ended up co-sleeping.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

February 8th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Two pages! That is awesome! Great job!

February 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great page Heather!

February 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Okay if any of you have seen the "Mom my Ride" video on U-tube, you'll appreciate this one. In fact my mini-van is the exact same color and model that they used. So I really, really could relate to the vid. So this is my story of how I swore I would never be the non-hip Mom driving the minivan in her sweats, but I disgres, Motherhood changes everything.

and if none of you have ever seen the u-tube video..here is the link..

Mom my Ride

February 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chanda, that page is beautiful! How did you do that blurred effect around the "My Ride" part? And I have already resigned myself to the fact that I will be driving a mini van probably in a few years. Softens the blow!
February 10th, 2008, 10:23 PM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chanda- I love your page! I also said that I wouldn't drive a mini van but with the new baby coming I will probably have 1 in the next year or so!

February 11th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I love my minivan, there is so much room and it drives really well. but i didn't have to get used to it b/c when i started driving it was the familys minivan but sometimes i gt to drive the truck

February 11th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Chanda, that page is beautiful! How did you do that blurred effect around the "My Ride" part? And I have already resigned myself to the fact that I will be driving a mini van probably in a few years. Softens the blow![/b]

It's paint just dry brushed on the page. I did it so when I used the rub on letters for my ride that they would show up.

February 11th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Here is my page. This is from nursing school when I used to do a lot of community service. I still do some, but not as much as I would like.

Quote:
Quote:
Chanda, that page is beautiful! How did you do that blurred effect around the "My Ride" part? And I have already resigned myself to the fact that I will be driving a mini van probably in a few years. Softens the blow![/b]

It's paint just dry brushed on the page. I did it so when I used the rub on letters for my ride that they would show up.
[/b]
Ah ok thanks. I looked for paint yesterday in Micheal's to try and see if I'd like to use some and just couldn't find any. The salespeople were not helpful at all. Oh well, I'll check hobby lobby and see if they have someone that can help me.
February 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Renee that page is so cute i love it, the colors are great and i love the lettering

February 11th, 2008, 10:13 AM
You can use regular arcylic paint if you want, but the question is if it is acid free. So you may not want to use that. The only places I have been able to find the memory makers ones that is specifically for scrapbooking is at the local specialty scrapbook stores. If you don't have a local store, then the best place would be on line.

Great job on the page! That looks really hot to wear, and where in the world did you see out of?

February 11th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Quote:
You can use regular arcylic paint if you want, but the question is if it is acid free. So you may not want to use that. The only places I have been able to find the memory makers ones that is specifically for scrapbooking is at the local specialty scrapbook stores. If you don't have a local store, then the best place would be on line.

Great job on the page! That looks really hot to wear, and where in the world did you see out of?[/b]
Chanda, there are a few scrapbook speciality stores here that I've yet to visit. I will have to get to them and see.

It was super hot in there...and that's not even the whole costume. There are little holes behind the eyes (reminds me of fly's eyes) that let you see out. It still sucks! Remember that when you got to Disney world, how miserable Mickey and Minnie Mouse are.
February 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
You can use regular arcylic paint if you want, but the question is if it is acid free. So you may not want to use that. The only places I have been able to find the memory makers ones that is specifically for scrapbooking is at the local specialty scrapbook stores. If you don't have a local store, then the best place would be on line.[/b]
I think I have seen some MM paint at Hobby Lobby. Not many colors and the colors they did have came in packs, but might be worth it because it seems that Hobby Lobby is more reasonable in pricing on some things.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

February 15th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Jeb-O's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jeb-O Send a message via Yahoo to Jeb-O
Chanda that page is great and it goes perfectly with the video!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search