LOTS of questions

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK, please bear with me here. I'm a new member, and I'm sure these have been asked before, maybe multiple times. But I haven't seen your answers yet. So if you have time, please fill out my (super long) questionnaire!

How long have you scrapbooked?

What albums are you currently working on?

Do you scrap every day?

How many layouts do you complete in an average month?

Do you give scrapbooks as gifts?

What is your favorite subjects (or people) to scrap?

Where do you usually buy supplies?

How many albums do you have completed?

Do you subscribe to any scrapbook magazines?

Do you receive any monthly scrapbook kits?

What are some of your must have scrapbook tools?

What are some of your favorite types embellishments to use when scrapbooking?

Do you scrapbook mostly 4X6's, or do you crop or enlarge your pictures to different sizes?

Do you mostly do 1 or 2 page layouts?

Do you usually scrap in 12X12, 8X11, 8X8, 6X6, etc?

What kind of albums do you like to use (post-hinge, etc)?

What scrapbook "lines" or companies do you like? (Basic Grey, Making Memories, etc)

What special techniques have you tried on your pages? (Stamping, painting, sewing, etc)

Do you like to handwrite your journaling, or type and print?

Do you own a die cutting machine? If so, which one and do you like it?

What is your usual process for putting a layout together (do you sketch, assemble photos or paper first, etc)?

Where, besides this board of course, do you go for inspiration?

February 22nd, 2008, 07:03 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well serious scrapbooking for a little over a year. I did a little back in Jr. high. Then I did a little for my wedding but not much.

Well I don't really work on albums. I feel like that puts way too much pressure on me knowing how much more I have to do. So all I do is pick my favorite pictures and go from there.

Do you scrap every day?
Nope. Maybe when I get my room done so I can just shut the door and leave my stuff as is

I don't know maybe about 20?

Yep, I just bought and arcylic one to make as a Thankyou to Paul's uncle. And I made a circle chipboard album for my MIL for Xmas.

My Family of course

Local scrapbook stores and Archivers. General items I'll get at the larger chains.

Well I need to actually buy more. I have Hope's first year and then 1/2 of Ethan's first year, then probally enough pages for 3 family albums. After the 1st year I just do it all as family.

2..memory makers and scrapbook ect.

I just started to last month..just one though.

Trimmer, circle cutter, ATG gun, glue dots...then I use a lot of distressing items

I use a lot of rub-on's, flowers, chipboard, and buttons.

Do you scrapbook mostly 4X6's, or do you crop or enlarge your pictures to different sizes?
I print off on my computer what I need. The majority of the time they are not 4x6

Mostly one....I am a big cheater...I feel a better sense of accomplishment when I get a one page layout done. A two just seems to take too much time.

12x12

post hinge, but I am thinking of moving to three ring binders because of all the thick embellishments I use.

What scrapbook "lines" or companies do you like? (Basic Grey, Making Memories, etc)
Basic Grey, then I seem to grab alot of scenic route papers.

What special techniques have you tried on your pages? (Stamping, painting, sewing, etc)
I've probally have tried a good majority of them. I am always looking for new techniques to try. I always believe the more you try things, the more inspired you are. Amyeb you won't neccesarily like the technique, but you never know, maybe you'll have a light bulb moment to try something else and find that you love it. The only way to do that though is to always try to challenge yourself to move a little more outside your comfort zone.

I don't like my own handwriting, but I do try to use it. I have to remind myself that this is something I am leaving behind for generations. For me if I was reading something my Great-Grandmother wrote (like when they came here from Germany), I think it would just feel more personal if I was reading it in her own handwriting.

I just got a cricut...so far I like it. I don't think I am using it to it's full potential. But I am okay with that.

What is your usual process for putting a layout together (do you sketch, assemble photos or paper first, etc)?
Depends, sometimes it is a sketch, sometimes a layout I saw in a magazine, sometimes (although less often) I'll just do one because I have some awesome paper I want to use or a new embellishment.

I just surf. I don't really look at a lot of the layouts on the other sites, sketches, but not layouts.

The blinky is clickable!!
February 22nd, 2008, 07:36 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
8 or 9 years as of Valentines Day

Do you scrap every day?
I try to, I have a newborn

Alot when I get going

No, I just don't have the time

Any thing pink, with 8 boys pink is rare lol

My df sells Creative Memories

scrapbooks etc., Memory Makers and Lasting Moments

No

My Cricut Expressions, trimmers, cutting systems, tape runner, pens

What ever I can get my Cricut to make lol

4x6 is easy for my photo printer to print

1 page, if I do family outings then 2 page

I've always liked the 12x12

strap

Creative Memories, but I love Bazzill Bling paper

just distressing

I handwrite everything

I have a Cricut Expressions and just LOVE it

I use sketchs and look through idea books, sometimes I just know how I want to do it

I just use my books and magazines

February 22nd, 2008, 07:42 AM
jbc0827

For about a year

Right now nothing specific, I scrap whatever pics I like. Which is why I have assorted pages stuck in one book with no method to the madness. LOL

Do you scrap every day?
I am lucky if I can scrap once a month. However my dh and talked about it and he is going to be better about giving me "me time" so I can scrap.

It is very random so I have no clue

I did make one for my cousin for Christmas for her son and I think I am going to make her one for her new son who will be arriving in July. I also made a frame with a scrapbbok page for my best friend for her son she had earlier this month.

My kids, my cousin's son and my best friend's kids.

Michael's, some creative Memories, and my LSS when I can get there!

none

No but I am thinking about it.

No, right now $30/month isn't in the budget.

I love the cutting system from Creative Memories, a good paper trimmer, and good adhesive

I have just discovered how to use brads and I am thinking that is definitely going to be something that will be seen a lot on my pages

I have been using mainly 4X6's but I have seen some really great pages the girls have done on here with bigger sized pics and I am going to do that soon.

it depends on the event, although most of mine do end up being 2 pages cuz I love taking pics!

12X12 but the album I did for my cousin was 8X8

The kind Michael's sells

I have no clue, I just buy what I think will look good

The most special thing I have done is brads

Right now I have been handwriting but I think I am going to do some printed ones to mix it up

I have the Cricut and I really like it. I am still trying to figure it all out but it seems great.

I look at the pics and the papers, decide what combo I like best, then go for it. Usually I have a sketch or a LO from here that I use for inspiration.

My best friend also scraps so I get some ideas from her, but mainly my inspiration is from this board.
February 22nd, 2008, 08:33 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
How long have you scrapbooked? about 6 years although i never really got into it until i had kids

What albums are you currently working on? uh everything

Do you scrap every day?i really wish i could but no

How many layouts do you complete in an average month? 4-8 and only because of the JM crops

Do you give scrapbooks as gifts? i have done yes

What is your favorite subjects (or people) to scrap? My boys obviously

Where do you usually buy supplies? scrapbookers paradise and Michaels, sometimes wal-mark and the dollar store

How many albums do you have completed? 3 of my own and about 5 that are started

Do you subscribe to any scrapbook magazines? no

Do you receive any monthly scrapbook kits? no

What are some of your must have scrapbook tools? my trimmer, my ink, Cricut

What are some of your favorite types embellishments to use when scrapbooking? i like buttons and prima paper flowers

Do you scrapbook mostly 4X6's, or do you crop or enlarge your pictures to different sizes? mostly 4x6 but i often crop them ans i like to do 5x7 as well

Do you mostly do 1 or 2 page layouts? i used to do all two page, but then Rylands 1 year album ended up as only up t 3 months and i added pages, so i am trying to do more one page ones now

Do you usually scrap in 12X12, 8X11, 8X8, 6X6, etc? 12x12

What kind of albums do you like to use (post-hinge, etc)? i have only used the post bound ones

What scrapbook "lines" or companies do you like? (Basic Grey, Making Memories, etc) i'm not picky

What special techniques have you tried on your pages? (Stamping, painting, sewing, etc) all of those

Do you like to handwrite your journaling, or type and print? i am doing more handwriting now

Do you own a die cutting machine? If so, which one and do you like it? yes i have a cricut and love it and i have a sixxix i like it to but it is heavy

What is your usual process for putting a layout together (do you sketch, assemble photos or paper first, etc)? photos first unless itis a paper i am excited about using

Where, besides this board of course, do you go for inspiration? i just do seacrch on google for LO's

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

February 22nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
How long have you scrapbooked? 4 years now but i have really gotten into it in the last 7 months or so

What albums are you currently working on? My daughters second year and my son's first year

Do you scrap every day? no...probably every couple of days

How many layouts do you complete in an average month? 10-15 depending on the month

Do you give scrapbooks as gifts? yes, i have only done one so far but plan to do more

What is your favorite subjects (or people) to scrap? my kids

Where do you usually buy supplies? a local online store and Michaels

How many albums do you have completed? one

Do you subscribe to any scrapbook magazines? no

Do you receive any monthly scrapbook kits? i just signed up for one....hopefully i will receive it soon

What are some of your must have scrapbook tools? trimmer, cricut, tape runner, Creative Memories custom cutting system

What are some of your favorite types embellishments to use when scrapbooking? brads, flowers, bling

Do you scrapbook mostly 4X6's, or do you crop or enlarge your pictures to different sizes? yes i mostly do 4x6

Do you mostly do 1 or 2 page layouts? one page layouts but i do have a few 2 page ones

Do you usually scrap in 12X12, 8X11, 8X8, 6X6, etc? 12x12

What kind of albums do you like to use (post-hinge, etc)? i have post hinge but i have bought a few lately that you just slide in the page in a protective sleeve

What scrapbook "lines" or companies do you like? (Basic Grey, Making Memories, etc) i don't have a favourite i just buy stuff when i see something i like

What special techniques have you tried on your pages? (Stamping, painting, sewing, etc) i haven't tried anything yet. i am too afraid but i am hoping to get creative soon

Do you like to handwrite your journaling, or type and print? i mostly like to handwrite but i also type

Do you own a die cutting machine? If so, which one and do you like it? Yes I do, the Cricut and I LOVE it!

What is your usual process for putting a layout together (do you sketch, assemble photos or paper first, etc)? I choose my photos, then paper and then I find a sketch I like online or just figure out something myself

Where, besides this board of course, do you go for inspiration? the internet and magazines that I pick up every once and a while

February 22nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
gavinsmommy9-19-06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

about 6 years

gavins 2 book 1-2 years but have some for his 1st year left to do

Do you scrap every day?
since getting my cricut usually 4 days a week

about 10-15

yup made my dad a 7x7 for 50th bday and my grandparents for their 50th weeding ann.

Gavin

michaels, ac moore or creative memories(tools and albums)

preganacy, 2 for gavins 1st year, dads, grandparentss, my wedding and my school years soo...7

no

no

several size adhesives, paper trimmer,scissors and cricut

not big on embellishments mostly die cuts with some stickers occasionally

moslty 4x6 unless i know ill use a different size

depends on how many pictures i can widdle it down to to put on (i have a hard time jsut picking a few)

12x12 but have done 7x7

creative memories only so strap hinge

whatever i like except only buy albums from CM

none it is hard enough for my to make decisions without have to add more possibilities

if i add it i write it i actually like my handwritting

i own the baby cricut and absolutly LOVE it!

i always sit down after my pics are printed and pick out the paper that way i dont have to waste my precious scrappin time rifling through paper (cuz i have a ton of it!)

just this boared and my friend sarah we inspire eacholther when we scrap together

February 22nd, 2008, 02:43 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you girls for humoring me thus far!! I'm really interested in everyone else's creative scrapbooking process.

Started in 1996.

Nathaniel's 1st year album

Do you scrap every day?
Lately, yes. Before 2 weeks ago, no way! I had a big hiatus from scrapping anything for ME. Seems like I'm always doing albums for gifts for others.

It varies, greatly. My goal would be a few layouts per week. So that would give me 10 or so a month?

Yes, a lot. At least 4 or 5 a year.

My son, OF COURSE. I love doing holidays too.

Archivers, 2 LSS near me, occasionally Michaels, occasionally online.

Hmmm maybe 10? More if you count gift albums I've made for people.

Yes - Simple Scrapbooks, Creating Keepsakes, Memory Makers, and Scrapbooks Etc. (too many, I know)

Nope, I wish!

Circle & oval cutters, punches, paper cutter, scissors, the computer

Buttons, ribbon, brads

I do all different sizes.

Mostly 2 page layouts. I take way too many pictures to fit them on one page. Also, I don't like how different layouts look next to each other.

Usually 12X12 for myself, all different sizes for gift albums.

Used to use mainly the Creative Memories strap hinge type albums, but I'm moving toward the pocket page type albums... not sure what they're called officially.

Not loyal to any brand, just whatever catches my eye.

I've done sewing, some stamping, but otherwise I really like the clean & simple look. My creativity skill level doesn't stretch all that far, unfortunately.

I almost never handwrite my journaling. I would love to make a font of my handwriting and start using that exclusively for journaling, but haven't had the time to figure that out yet!

I don't. My SIL has one... can't remember the name of it, but it's not a fancy one... and I like it a lot.

I usually come up with a theme, occasional, or holiday first... then I figure out about how many pictures I want to use... then I find a sketch... then I get the paper and embellishments.

2peas website, magazines

February 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't post here much, but I though I would answer anyway.

3 1/2 years.

DS's 2nd album and DD's first.

Do you scrap every day?
No. I wish I could, though.

It depends on if I get to scrap or not. I do my albums as a journal also, so it takes me about 2 hours to do 1 page.

I have before.

My kids!

Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Wal Mart, Dollar Store, LSS, Archivers.

About 5, not counting ones I have given away.

No.

No.

Paper trimmer, photo corners, cutting mat and ruler (sewing).

Anything that will go with the pages- buttons, eyelets, brads, ribbon, die cuts, etc.

Mostly 4X6's, but I am going to start trying to scrap the professional pics (8X10 and 5X7). I don't always use the pics as 4X6's, though, I do cut them down as necessary.

Mostly 1 page layouts (since I normally do them by month), but if there are special activities, they can be 2 to 4 pages.

12X12

Post-hinge.

Not really particular. I just get what I like or what will go with the project I am working on.

Stamping and painting.

I always handwrite it!

I have the cricut with the design studio. I love it!

I pick the pictures and then decide how I want to assemble the page.

Usually just here for pages, unless there are some linked from another site.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search