Help me choose

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 29th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I currently get USweekly (the celebrity gossip magazine) and the subscribtion is up for renewal. By the time I get the new magazine I already know the info in it because of TV and the Web. Not that it is important news but it is interesting.

So I have decided that instead of renewing the subsription that I could instead get either a scrapbooking magazine or a kit of the month subscription. But I do not know what magazines are out there or what types of kit of the month clubs are out there.

Any suggestions?
February 29th, 2008, 07:50 AM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like those mags too, lol. I buy In Touch every week!

As for your question- I think I would get the kit, just for a couple reasons.
1. You can always buy a magazine at the craft or book store. You may not want it every month or even like them. Better to look at them in the store, then decide if you want it.
2. It's fun to get sb goodies in the mail! LOL Really though, with a kit you may get things you can't find in your local stores.

That is all just IMO. I DO have a subscription to Scrapbooks Etc. magazine & I really like it. I've gotten some great ideas from it.
I also love my kits I get from Scrapbook Obsessions. But if I had to choose 1, it would be the kit for sure!

Some other popular magazines are Creating Keepsakes, Memory Makers, Simple Scrapbooks (or Scrapbook Trens...I get confused over all of them, lol).
You can search them online & see if one suits you better than another.

Kit Clubs- I've read posts galore on everyone's favorite at 2peas... now I can't find a post to save my life, lol.
If you do a Google search of "scrapbook kit club" you should get a bunch anyway...

Here is where I get my kits-- http://www.scrapbookobsessions.com/

Good luck!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

February 29th, 2008, 05:53 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Oh what a good idea!!!

I think out of all the scrapbooking mags that I get, the one I like the most is Scrapbook etc. It has sketchs in it.

Clueless about kits. But if I do pick one then I'm going with Sherry's suggestion hehe

March 1st, 2008, 07:45 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let me give you a warning on the magazines.....they are enablers! Really. I mean you see a new product and then you are just itching to get it...with thekit club, hey you've already got it. Some clubs come with a news letter with layout ideas too. Check out willowtraders.com for reviews on kit clubs. You'll have to be approved by their admin to gain access to the boards, but it is nothing by kit clubs and their reviews, specials, and sneek peaks.

The blinky is clickable!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search