Names?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2012, 06:44 AM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
Ooo such great Names!

If its a girl for sure it would be Skylar Nicole (Nicole is my middle name)
And absolutely no Clue for boys names lol
December 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've thought of names before I found out, we weren't ttc, I was wttc.

Girl Yalia Isabel (maybe) Yalia is for my SO's son he lost who was named Leo. So that's the lia part.

Boy yandel (probably not now that I'm preg but I liked it before) Arturo , Arturo because my grandpas middle name is Arthur.

December 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmama View Post
Ooo such great Names!

If its a girl for sure it would be Skylar Nicole (Nicole is my middle name)
And absolutely no Clue for boys names lol
Skylar is on my list for girls. Like that it went with Orion. The whole stars in the sky theme
Bookreader likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM
We've had the girl's name picked out forever: Evelyn Riley (we'd call her Evie for short). I like the name Riley for a boy, but DH doesn't, so we never came up with one.
December 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I feel like we've exhausted our girl names, so I have none that I feel really attached to. I kind of like Alayna, but DH isn't too fond of it...

For a boy we both really like Benson or Tobin (Toby)

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooh, I love the name Evelyn Riley! Classy and trendy at the same time. And the nickname Evie is cute too! A friend of mine has an Evie short for Evangeline.

We're leaning towards Olivia Claire and Killian Todd still. I'm trying to think of more girl's first names, since the boy name is pretty set in stone, but Olivia keeps coming back to me along with Ava and Aubree.

December 8th, 2012, 12:57 PM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
We have a couple names in common =)
I keep coming up with girl names today lol I love Brielle or Briella

Sent using Forum Runner
My name is Brielle! lol took me a long time to start appreciating my name because alot of times people would pronounce it "Braille" or "Briella".

I've had girls names picked out for awhile now, just because I've always liked to do that kind of thing

Liliana Elise
Rosalie Morgan
Jacquelyn Anastasia

Boys are much harder, right now we only have my husbands name (Kevin) and Cameron
December 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Now hubby is saying he likes Kieran more than Killian, which is second on our list (I was really liking Killian as first boy and Kieran if we had a second! lol), so we'll see. 8ish more months to decide anyway.

December 13th, 2012, 01:25 PM
BirdsWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
I have an easier time coming up with boys names for some reason than girls. I really like the name Sutton for a girl too.
Sutton is on our list too!

We have a long list because we decided to just write down anything we even remotely liked. So for the last 6 months we have added names to a list! We won't start talking about them in depth until we know gender and after that we probably still won't pick until we see baby. If we do pick before that we won't be sharing with friends and family because they like to give input lol.

A few of the names we like are Finley, Sutton, Perry, Lincoln, Ezra, Atticus, Everett, Taylee and Chloe. There are a whole lot more I just said a few that I could remember off the top of my head! We are still adding to the list too haha!

December 13th, 2012, 02:04 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabies View Post
I like your taste in names Love the name Laelah, it's so pretty. And Jayce (or Jace) is my favorite boy name right now but we already have Chase so it won't really work lol.

I really like the name Alice- so pretty. Do you have a middle name picked out?
Yes! Her name will be Alice Persephone (Per-sef-oh-nee). Alice Persephone has been our name for years and years and years. Really hope I get to use it!

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

December 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsWifey View Post

Sutton is on our list too!

We have a long list because we decided to just write down anything we even remotely liked. So for the last 6 months we have added names to a list! We won't start talking about them in depth until we know gender and after that we probably still won't pick until we see baby. If we do pick before that we won't be sharing with friends and family because they like to give input lol.

A few of the names we like are Finley, Sutton, Perry, Lincoln, Ezra, Atticus, Everett, Taylee and Chloe. There are a whole lot more I just said a few that I could remember off the top of my head! We are still adding to the list too haha!
Hey! that's neat. Ezra and Chloe are on my list & my son's name is Everett.

Everywhere I look online people say Sutton is too masculine. I say screw those people because they are probably the same people who think my dd's name is too masculine. Her name is Rowan. Rowan Ashley.

I really love the name Declan but I'm not sure Dh will like it.

We are keeping name a secret until baby is born because we also have here ppl who think they have the right to an opinion.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!

Last edited by Dandelion; December 13th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
December 13th, 2012, 02:30 PM
miniRazz's Avatar <3 my rainbow baby
We agreed on names long before we even started trying.

Our girl name is Adreanna Grace (Grace after his grandma)
Our boy name is Matteo Andreas Thomas (Andreas - after my great grandpa, Thomas - after his grandpa)
I don't care if we have a boy or girl but it would be nice to have the boy first as my fiancees grandfather is not doing too well and we are his last hope to keep the family name going.

December 15th, 2012, 04:49 PM
BMorgan's Avatar Member
I think it's going to take awhile for us to agree on a name....We don't like anything the other suggests.

Only name he suggested that I said liked was Logan. (boy)

We still have some time though
December 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Super Mommy
We have a rough time with boys' names, too. DS's name is what it is because it was the only name we could agree on. This go round, for a boy we like Oliver or Rowan best, for a girl Lyla or Ailey (pronounced Eye-lee). I'm a little nervous about Ailey for the pronunciation/spelling issues I can see it will present, but I LOVE the name.
December 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
DH and I are thinking Aislynn Marie or Logan James. The only thing is that when we chose Aislynn a few years ago, before two of our daughters, we didn't know that the proper proununciation is Ash-lyn and we say it Ace-lynn but DH says screw it. I am hung up on how often it might be mispronounced!

December 15th, 2012, 07:24 PM
BOYSxTWO's Avatar Veteran
I've always loved the name Asa for a boy, but it's not something we'd use. I'm thinking if this is a boy, his name will be the shortened version of SO's first name & his actual middle name.

I've always loved Brielle & that was a girl's name I contemplated before I found out YDS was a boy. I wouldn't use it now though.

We have many months to mull this over.
December 15th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYSxTWO View Post
I've always loved the name Asa for a boy, but it's not something we'd use. I'm thinking if this is a boy, his name will be the shortened version of SO's first name & his actual middle name.

I've always loved Brielle & that was a girl's name I contemplated before I found out YDS was a boy. I wouldn't use it now though.

We have many months to mull this over.
My friends hubby's name is Asa! It's lovely and unique. :-)
BOYSxTWO likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 15th, 2012, 08:57 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name choices are very limited, unfortunately. I'm running out of girl names and have only two boy names that I still like. Plus I have an unintended pattern of having two of the same middle initial (2 Gs, 2 Ms, etc.) so I feel pressure now to continue that pattern (silly, I know, but it is what it is). I also have only a few letters left to even use in the alphabet and would like to use some of the ones left for first names (again, strange, I know). So as of right now my name choices are:

Lara Eden Hope (haven't used "L", only have one "E" middle name, no "H" yet)

Peter Gideon (haven't used "P" and have one "G" middle name)

Other than those, I've got nothing.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 15th, 2012, 09:01 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We love:
Boys:
Samuel
Andrew
Malachi
Elijah
Caleb
Michael

Girls:
Hannah
Madison
Emily
Grace

December 15th, 2012, 09:36 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone who is thinking of not using a name because of possible pronunciation issues, just go with a name you love. Somebody will mispronounce every single name you could think of. DS, Orion, we thought was kind of common sense, O-ri-on. But we get Or-ee-on ALL.THE.TIME. And even worse our last name is Gibbons and people dont pay attention so we get Or-ee-on Gibson just as often

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search