Names?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone started to think of names?

It's still early but heck I've been thinking of names since before I started TTC.

I like the name Gwendolyn, Gwen for short, for a girl. Also like Chloe.

For a boy I like Jackson and Eli.

Sent using Forum Runner
BeachMum likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
November 30th, 2012, 05:31 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a name list for both boys and girls, though I don't love any of the boys names (I am just not into boys names).
November 30th, 2012, 05:59 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boy names are tough! We only have some girl names.. But nothing I'm too in love with. My mother's middle name is Lee and MILs middle name is Ann so we were tossing around ideas of mixing them for a middle name of Annalie --something like that. But most of my girl names end with ie, ey, and that just doesn't work.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
November 30th, 2012, 06:18 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
My DH and I have a hard time agreeing on names so we will wait until the gender u/s and argue about it then... Lol
November 30th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've had middle names for a boy picked out for a long time now- both of our father's names. First name we have one in mind for a boy, possibly 2. Girls we have NOTHING whatsoever lol

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

November 30th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I have an easier time coming up with boys names for some reason than girls. I really like the name Sutton for a girl too.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
November 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Here is our list for both genders. I love a lot of the girls names and narrowing it down will be a problem. With the boys names, this is a list of names I can tolerate that my husband doesn't hate--it will be a matter of deciding which I can tolerate the most.

Girls
Hadley Elizabeth
Katherine (Kate) Elizabeth
Madeline Grace
Hannah Grace
Paige Elizabeth
Abigail Grace
Piper
Addison
Natalie
Adeline

Boys
Dexter Michael
David Michael
Ryan Michael
David Ryan
Dexter Ryan
Ryan David
BeachMum likes this.
November 30th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
These are some great names!!! We have had our girl name picked out for a while, but we will have a hard time figuring out our boy name if this bean is a boy. I love how Chase and Cole go together and can't think of any others that go as well.

We shall see what happens

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
November 30th, 2012, 09:01 PM
jessicag's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If we have a girl her name will be Alice :-) Not sure on boy nams though. Me and DH have a hard time agreeing on boy names.

Thanks so much to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy

10-30-12

November 30th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been thinking about them for ages! "Killian Todd" (Middle is my dad's middle name) is pretty much our set boy name. We both have Irish descent and it goes well with our last name. hehe All we know about the girl name is that we want "Claire" (his mom's middle name) for the middle name, because we're using family names for the middle names of our first children. At least, that's the current plan. Here are our other ideas -

Killian
Jaxson
Kieran
Ryker

Olivia
Aubrey/Aubriana
Gwen/Gwenyth
Anchored likes this.

Last edited by Allie_SMg; November 30th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
November 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie_SMg View Post
I've been thinking about them for ages! "Killian Todd" (Middle is my dad's middle name) is pretty much our set boy name. We both have Irish descent and it goes well with our last name. hehe All we know about the girl name is that we want "Claire" (his mom's middle name) for the middle name, because we're using family names for the middle names of our first children. At least, that's the current plan. Here are our other ideas -

Killian
Jaxson
Kieran
Ryker

Olivia
Aubrey/Aubriana
Gwen/Gwenyth
We have a couple names in common =)
I keep coming up with girl names today lol I love Brielle or Briella

Sent using Forum Runner
Allie_SMg likes this.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
December 1st, 2012, 01:58 AM
I was thinking Daniyah or Aubrey for a girl
December 1st, 2012, 03:33 AM
Olivia was my original girls lists (but DH and BF shot it down )
I also had Jackson on my boys list, but that got shot down, too, especially since we might use Michael as a middle name.
December 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM
Super Mommy
Totally lost on this one, which is a shocker.

We had agreed to Liam years ago. I mean, we fought it out over our now 3 yr old. He wanted Ryan and I wanted Liam. DH won. So we said next boy would be Liam.

But, the next baby is a girl, and I named her by myself. So I am guessing we will end up compromising. DH told me he hates the name Liam now, and prefers Noah from my list. We will see. I also really like Callum. I may have to completely go back to the drawing board.

But for a girl, we will never ever compromise. I have two great great grandma names that dh and I both love, that we were thinking of using. We actually both like these names... Signe (but we will use the Signy spelling to make it less confusing) and Hanna (from my Danish side). So, Signy Hanna. But, I am really afraid that people will always think we are saying Sydney instead of Signy and I do not want her to spend her life correcting people. Once we find out the gender, I will give this a lot more thought.

I would love to come up with a B name and a P name. Coincidentally, we have reused a lot of initials in our family, and only the B and the P have not been used more than once. I love the name Beckett, but I only heard the name because a friend used it. So, that would be odd if I used it now. I also love names Paige, Penelope, Primrose, and Promise for a girl. DH maybe with go with Paige or Penelope, but we already call our youngest (who is Piper) Pippy. And I would likely called a Penelope "Pippy" too. So, not sure that would work.

December 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM
BabyFever23's Avatar Proud mama & Wife
Im praying for a little girl. I want to name her Laelah Malia or Ivanee Jaleah. I dont even want to think about boy names lol My oldest name is Rondell. I had no say so with his name lol hes a JR. My youngest is Jayven. I picked that name. I do like J name for boys and I like Jayce for a boy.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 1st, 2012, 10:24 PM
just_jenn's Avatar Veteran
For girls I have no clue. I have a Garrett James(9) and Lucas Ryan (5) and husband and I agreed a few years ago when we decided that we would like one more one day that the boys name would be Kaleb. But that could change. I like Addilyn for a girl but I have no clue. So many cute girl names to choose from.
December 2nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allie_SMg View Post

Killian
Jaxson
Kieran
Ryker

Olivia
Aubrey/Aubriana
Gwen/Gwenyth

Kieran is on my list too!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 2nd, 2012, 05:49 AM
Sarah. I love the name Brielle. We can't use it or I would!
Dandelion likes this.
December 2nd, 2012, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFever23 View Post
Im praying for a little girl. I want to name her Laelah Malia or Ivanee Jaleah. I dont even want to think about boy names lol My oldest name is Rondell. I had no say so with his name lol hes a JR. My youngest is Jayven. I picked that name. I do like J name for boys and I like Jayce for a boy.
I like your taste in names Love the name Laelah, it's so pretty. And Jayce (or Jace) is my favorite boy name right now but we already have Chase so it won't really work lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicag View Post
If we have a girl her name will be Alice :-) Not sure on boy nams though. Me and DH have a hard time agreeing on boy names.
I really like the name Alice- so pretty. Do you have a middle name picked out?
jessicag likes this.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 2nd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
Sarah. I love the name Brielle. We can't use it or I would!
I like the way it rolls off the tongue lol my little sisters best friend is named Brielle and I just thought it was so pretty. The only downside is that it's getting to be pretty popular & I usually prefer names that aren't. (aka my children, Rowan & Everett ) I really disliked being the 5th Sarah in my class growing up...having to be called "Sarah M." half my life. I'm surprising myself with some of the names I like this time around.

Sent using Forum Runner

{ chemical 10/26/12}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search