I just told my mom...did not go well at all

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By just_jenn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 12:19 PM
just_jenn's Avatar Veteran
I told my dad last night and today I went to drop my youngest off at my parents house because I was supposed to go to a meeting at work and she overheard me talking about the pregnancy to my dad. I told her that I was pregnant and while I did not expect her to be happy about it because she has voiced her opinion about me having more children, I did not expect her to kick me and my son out of her house. Nor did I expect her to say all the mean nasty things she threw my way about me and my husband and how I ended up with a low life as a husband. I expected her to be upset and I expected to hear how stupid I was I did not expect all the other stuff. My mom and I do not really get along well as it is but to hear those words come out of her mouth hurt. She has no faith that I will finish school, everything I do is not good enough for her. I junderstand her being upset, we lived with my parents for a few years when my husband lost his job and he got a job but my mom pushed me to go back to school so I had to quit my job to do that. I graduate in May with an associates degree. I am planning on going to the university in the fall t get my nursing degree (I amnot stupid I know that it can be a few years before I get into the program) I have a good job my husband has a good job we are living on our own now. While I will admit that it was not a wise decision to get pregnant I do not think I could ever tell one of my children that I thought they were stupid and that I raised a stupid child like she told me. And she did all this in front of my youngest son. She is a cold hearted person.

December 3rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow, that is really messed up!!! I'm sorry

December 3rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry to hear that, Jenn. And even moreso, I'm sorry that YOU and DS had to hear it! What awful things to say to someone. I can understand someone maybe not being entirely supportive of a pregnancy if they don't feel it's the "right time," based on past circumstances. But to go that far is just uncalled for.

I hope it blows over soon enough... there's a new life coming into this world whether your mom likes it or not, and I hope she realizes that acting this way now could really jeopardize the future relationship with her newest grandchild.
We're all here if you need to talk!

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 3rd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Super Mommy
Your mother is horrid!!!!

And believe me, she would have acted this way regardless. She is just using your education as an excuse. When someone behaves like this, it is about what is in THEM, not you. I have seen people with graduate degrees and careers be treated how you have been treated. I do not even know what is wrong with those people who think they have the right to treat others like that, over the announcement of having another grandchild! Seriously!

((((hugs))))

I hope you cut her out of your life for a long time. Do NOT go begging back to her to please love you. If you do, then you will set the status quo that she can treat you like this and control you.

A sad story...I always wanted a big family. But my mother threw such an angry hissy when I was pregnant with my 2nd child (my husband and I both had college degrees, never lived off of or with our parents, had health insurance, my husband was an engineer and I was a teacher, except at that point, I was a stay-at-home mom) that I stopped having children for years.

One day, I looked at her and was disgusted that I let HER dictate so much of my life. I set forth to have more children. But I had just turned 35 yrs old. I had one miscarriage after another...age related.

I hate hate hate that I let her have so much emotional control over me. Do NOT let your mom have control over your emotions.

December 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
BabyFever23's Avatar Proud mama & Wife
My mother wasnt too happy when I told her also. She gave me a speech and said she hoped its a gi. So that I can get my tubes tied. (Like their her tubes) I kindly told her to suck it.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 3rd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hon I am so sorry you had to go through that, how horrible!! This is your life and YOU and your DH get to choose how many children you want to have, not anyone else. Do not let her get to you.

In my opinion, there is never a perfect time to have a baby, but the most important thing is if you have enough love to give. Children thrive more with love more than they do with the nicest clothes or best toys.

I am not trying to be offensive, but it sounds like your mom has some problems she needs help for that have nothing to do with you. Keep her far away this pregnancy if she continues like this- you do not need this abuse and negativity.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 3rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sorry she said such awful things to you and in front of your son. Some people have issues. I am not telling anyone in my family because I don't care to hear their crap.
#12 is on the way
December 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I'm sorry your mom acted like that. Some people just need to let other live their life and if you have nothing nice to say shut it

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's horrible! I'm so sorry that she reacted so badly to the news. Your mother is someone who should be happy for you in these situations, not angry and insulting! If you both have good jobs and are doing fine, then why not? Sure, you're busy, but life is always busy in some way.

December 3rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
just_jenn's Avatar Veteran
Thanks ladies, I appriciate your support. I spent the afternoon sleeping/crying but I am ok now. My mom does have issues, major ones. I know that but we have tried telling her to talk to a dr and she flipped out on us. She makes everything about her and she made this pregnancy about her. I have no intentions of talking to my mother again. I could care less if I see her again at this point. But I have 2 boys who love her and do not know how she really is (yet). I will not go crawling back to her trying to get her to love me, I have been doing that for 31 years and it hasnt worked yet so what makes me think it will happen now. My dad is not happy either and he thinks that it was a stupid decision but he says as long as he isnt left raising the baby he doesnt care (I have no idea where he got that from because he did not raise my other children). Anyways thank you for your support. this is going to be a happy pregnancy since it will likely be my last.
Diamond2009 likes this.

December 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is terrible. WTH is wrong with people?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search