My Appointment..

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By KASHWORTH
  • 1 Post By KASHWORTH
  • 1 Post By KASHWORTH
  • 1 Post By Diamond2009
  • 1 Post By Writergirl
  • 1 Post By alittlelost

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did blood work, etc, etc. I was frustrated that I had to wait over an hour and then another almost half hour sitting in the room. I had DS with me and he was getting impatient as well. Anyway, I have an ultrasound next Monday, woot. She is going by my LMP and putting my due date at August 1, but I know that's wrong and she will see that next week. Also, she was kind of rude. When I got pregnant with DS I was 130 pounds, which is a good weight for my height, and then I gained 55 pounds but had a big baby and retained a lot of water, it was basically all in my stomach. Then I lost it all fairly quickly, I am 130 pounds again now and in great shape. She was looking at how much I gained last time and was like "Okay, we are not letting that happen again! No more than 35 pounds max!" I thought it was so rude, I was like whatever I'll eat what/when I want, haha.
mamalamb and Allie_SMg like this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Geez! Clearly you did fine gaining the 55 lbs if you pretty much lost it immediately.

Is this your normal Obs office?

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 3rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Yeah, but I never liked them too much to begin with. I am going here for more close care in the beginning because of my losses. They are pretty much the only 'good' OB office around. But towards the end my goal is to switch to a birth center and not deal with them during the birth, haha. I really don't care how much she thinks I should gain, I listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry.
Anchored likes this.

December 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe. That was a rude way to put it. but obviously the weight gain issue isn't just about how you look after pregnancy--it's about what is healthy for your body and the baby's. Too much weight gain increases risks for gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia and other issues you don't want. I still agree she was rude about it though. And I hate waiting. I wish I could get an early ultrasound, but my midwife won't offer that, and I really love everything else about that place. Have fun at your ultrasound!
December 3rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
I know about that stuff, but I think that for my weight 55 pounds is really not too much. Also, she could wait to see if I was gaining too much and then tell me that, or tell me why it's good not to gain too much without bringing up last time and being rude.
Anchored likes this.

December 3rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
I agree you should eat when you are hungry. And I know it's hard to eat healthy while pregnant.

I will just say this. Right now I am 130 and I would be depressed if I gained 55 lbs. I have to say that for me (probably because of my height--I'm only 5'4) I think 55 lbs would be an unhealthy amount to gain. But remember, I'm short. It'd obviously be different if I was 5'7 or 5'8 haha. Now, with my previous pregnancies I started off at about 110 each time and I gained 20 lbs, 30 lbs, and 40 lbs. so I very well may gain 50 lbs this time, but since I'm starting 20 lbs heavier than usual, I am hoping I don't gain more than 20-30 lbs.

anyway, i agree she was rude about it.
December 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Amen to that!

I hope you're able to get somewhere you're super happy with soon! Birthing centers are so alluring but I love my Ob's office. I'm pretty much torn between staying and going to a midwife

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 3rd, 2012, 04:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you are getting an ultrasound next week! Yay!

I don't have much to say about the weight thing besides, the ob was rude!!! and I gained a lot both of my pregnancies. I was very healthy through both of them too...it just happened.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
Awesome appointment!!

My ultrasound isn't until Thursday! I'm so excited.. The first is always so fun!

December 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
I am almost 5'8" so that's not so much for me. I also weight train and a lot is muscle. I also generally eat healthy, I usually don't crave unhealthy things, in fact I had an aversion to chocolates/candie/junk most of last time. Just so happened that's what my body wanted me to gain. But yeah anyway. I'm excited for the ultrasound.

December 3rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
That was rude. I gained 50 with my first....30 with my second and 25 with my third hopefully i only gain 20 this time
KASHWORTH likes this.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 3rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
I haven't had a good track record with doctors in general. I get a few good ones here and there, but I would say that usually they are quick to check the boxes and then scoot you out- not a lot in the way of bedside manner.

Hopefully next time is better (plus it's your u/s, so it will be that much more cool to start with).
KASHWORTH likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah my goal is 30 - 35 pounds and was before she said anything lol. But I have struggled with an eating disorder so I don't stress the numbers, I stay healthy and let my body do as it may, everyone is built differently so I don't think assigning a number to someone that you haven't even seen where/how the weight is being gained is not a good rule of thumb

December 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
I figured you were taller Either way, she was rude. You are smart enough anyway to know you need to gain weight in a healthy way. That is what is most important.
KASHWORTH likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
just_jenn's Avatar Veteran
That was a very rude way to put it. I am afraid of gaining alot of weight. I am 20lbs heavier right now then I was when I got pg with my 2nd and I only gained 25 lbs then. I was actually starting a weight loss plan then I found out so now I am just going to do my best to gain a healthy amount

December 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
mamalamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is really rude!!!!

I had an annoying time at the doctor today too...I spoke with them on the phone this morning to set up an appointment for Wednesday, and my phone kept cutting out so I wasn't sure if they wanted me to get betas done in the meantime. So I called back and got an advice nurse. She barely spoke English but finally understood sort of why I was calling, and said she could just order the betas. Great. So I went to the lab and they had no order in for me. THEY called the doctor's office (in the same building) and said I needed to go up and talk to a nurse first? I was like OMG. SO I go up and have to wait like 20 minutes. See the nurse and she is all confused and wondering why I am there since I already have an appt scheduled for Wednesday lol. She goes and talks to the dr and then comes back and says "We need to get betas before your appt Weds, go to the lab". ^&(#%&^@)*(@&^#&(%)_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. Go BACK down to the lab, by that time it was packed, and I hate to wait another like 40 minutes. So after all that...the beta better be good. LOL!!!!

Sorry for the rant haha!

December 3rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
OMG haha that is crazy! Sometimes they are so disorganized

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search