Silly question but....

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2012, 10:50 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Where are the ovaries? By that I mean are they near the pubic line, directly under your belly button, closer to your hips, etc. I'm having a bit of pain to the left of my belly button, near my hip bone, but I'm not sure if its my ovary or not. I feel like its a bit high for where menstrual cramps are but I just dont know
December 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
http://www.womenshealth.gov/publicat...productive.gif

Here you go!
I would think it's probably safe to say you're feeling your ovary

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Thank you!! Is it possible to have an ectopic pregnancy in the ovary? My mom had one and she's worried I'll have one (even though theyre not hereditary). I think I'm just being paranoid lol I havent had any cramps or bleeding and the pain isnt unbearable, but I would still love some opinions.
December 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was having a similar feeling the other day though it didn't really hurt. It was more like pressure. I am pretty sure mine was thanks to gas and constipation. The pressure was gas pains. It was in same place you described.

I hope its nothing too serious for you.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday I had a shatp cramp around my left ovary for a few minutes and it scared me until my husband said "I have that same type of cramp in that same spot because of gas". Lol so im hoping its just gassiness for us.

December 10th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Me too theres a very high possibility that it has something to do with constipation/gas because I havent been able to "go" for a few days. Also, when I ate about a half hour ago, it went away. Now, my whole stomach hurts in the same way my mom just has me a little more worried than usual which isnt good since I'm a professional worrier!
December 10th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I get pains like that every once in a while. There's a lot going on in our entire pubic area right now so I'm sure it's just some pregnancy side effect.

Seems to be good news if the isolated pain went away after you ate. If it gets unbearable though I'd definitely call the doc.

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 10th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My ovaries keep aching too--
I went to the ER last Monday for dizziness and left sided pain, worried it was ectopic (it's not, thank goodness)... the dr told me that a true ectopic is VERY painful. He told me I wouldn't even doubt that there was something wrong.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Mine is on the left side too...I wonder if its something that just happens when your in the early stages of pregnancy
December 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
cypressmama's Avatar Super Mommy
mine is on the left side too, an annoying uncomfortable almost constant ache near overy. Mw said most likely is round ligament pain. If heat makes it feel better you are not bleeding or in unbearable pain then its not likely cause for concern. Still annoying and freaky though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search