Thank goodness for this message board

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CaliFeather

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I may not post a lot but it comforting to read the posts. I don't have any "mommy" friends to talk with. Either my friends had their kids a long time ago, or they are still out being wild and single or with boyfriends and wild. I got married almost 4 months ago, we are due August 10th. This message board has been really helpful. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you during our 9 months.
Thanks again!!!
December 11th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
& I'm Kim EDD August 11 H&H 9 months.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
December 11th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will always be here to chat.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 11th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks. I have been feeling really down about my "so-called" friends. They have been my friends for over 10 years but as soon as I started dating my now husband the friendships started to fade. I guess I just need to accept that. People's lives go in different directions and we change.
December 11th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
I'm sorry your friendships are fading. That usually happens when you get pregnant or get married or something. They become envious and disappear. I've been through it 4 times....you find out who your true friends are when you are pregnant.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 11th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliFeather View Post
Thanks. I have been feeling really down about my "so-called" friends. They have been my friends for over 10 years but as soon as I started dating my now husband the friendships started to fade. I guess I just need to accept that. People's lives go in different directions and we change.
I feel you on this. Nothing in particular happened to my friendships....they just suck if you ask me. haha
They being my "friends". I've been waiting for years for them to have babies too because in the past I was the only one with a kid and couldn't just go out and party like they wanted. So we lost touch then. Now, since they have babies and are married I never see or hear from them. I grow tired of being the one who always has to try to keep our friendship alive by calling and asking how they are etc.

We need new friends.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
December 11th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Thank you! I really appreciate that. I have already taken some steps to change things and make me happier. I too feel like I am the one always reaching out and not getting it in return. I changed a bunch of my settings on my facebook page so that I do not share most of status posts or pictures with them (the "friends") and have removed them from my news feed. I need to be surrounded by positive stuff. and if they don't make the same effort to be in touch with me then they don't deserve to know what is going on in my life. I think un-friending them is a bit drastic at this point. Some of this could be my hormones, so this a just a temp fix. Make sense?
Dandelion likes this.
December 11th, 2012, 09:54 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Completely understand what you mean. After I started dating my now husband I lost ALL of my male friends. I've never really had many female friends, and those that I do have, I only stay in contact (talking at least once a week) with two or three. This DDC has been a blessing looking forward to getting to know you!
December 11th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Jen71's Avatar Super Mommy
I understand. I've made great friends since being a mommy. I still have friends from before, but the ones I keep in touch with theist have kids my age. I've met great women through mom/baby classes and through a birth board like this one. My birth board with my youngest son is all still talking, 5 years later. We've had meet ups with the most recent in Vegas last year. While I still haven't met some of them in real life, they know more about me than some IRL friends and I trust them well. Hopefully mommy-hood will bring new opportunities for you too!

December 11th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I sure hope so! I have just been ready to "grow up" and its happening. with getting married and now having a baby. I am 34 years old and my husband is almost 39. Most of our friends range from the ages of 25 - 40. But they are most all still in the partying scene. The great majority of our friends are in their 30's. They are all still living life like they are still in their 20's. I just chose to not be as big of a part of that anymore. There is so much more to life. I wasted away my 20's like that. But I would haven't have met my husband and would be pregnant now if it weren't for all that. I gave up those ways a few years ago...
December 11th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
I sure hope so! I have just been ready to "grow up" and its happening. with getting married and now having a baby. I am 34 years old and my husband is almost 39. Most of our friends range from the ages of 25 - 40. But they are most all still in the partying scene. The great majority of our friends are in their 30's. They are all still living life like they are still in their 20's. I just chose to not be as big of a part of that anymore. There is so much more to life. I wasted away my 20's like that. But I would haven't have met my husband and would be pregnant now if it weren't for all that. I gave up those ways a few years ago...
I'm 25 and thankful for my children helping me to grow up early. I'm glad I'm not hanging around a bar somewhere wasting my life away. It was fun for a few years but gets old fast. What's sad is I still see the same people doing the same things at the same bars. There's so much more to life.

{ chemical 10/26/12}

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search