made my first obgyn appt

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
dec. 28th. i'm excited. idk if hubby can be there with his work schedule, idk if i'll get a sonogram done b/c doc has to request one. since im high risk, i might go in earlier if the doc is concerned, i have to go off my meds as well, since i can't be on them pregnant. i have to wean in 2 days, im nervous b/c they are anti seziure meds. also anti depression meds. its going to be a stressful 2 day. ugh...i'm tired. i have no morning sickness. but been craving junk food ugh...last pregnancy i gain 50 lbs. i'd like to gain maybe 15-20. or have the baby eat my fat. lol. i'm 205lbs now. i lost 45 lbs to be healthier and it helped me concieve. i am on pre natals and i am waiting to ask my doc if i can continue vitamin d and fish oil. also i am excited did i mention excited!!!!!! i know torture waiting to go see our lil miracle! 2 yrs was worth it.

December 11th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
we also TTC for 2+ years. It's tough! Good luck at your appointment! Can I ask why you are high risk?

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 11th, 2012, 09:22 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
Good luck at your appointment!! How far along will you be? I've been thinking about setting mine up for either a few days before Christmas or a few days after (I'll be 8 weeks on the 27th). Have you gotten any bloodwork done or will it be done at your appointment?
December 11th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kellisa- i have ehlers danlos, a rare syndrome involves each person differently, there are different types, my father has it and my siblings, my mother doesn't have it. for me & my son we dislocate easily, delayment of mile stones, very mild syndrome for us. others have it worse. i knew what i was going into & my gyn followed me through my son's pregnancy & TTC this baby as well So all is good my doc's have been so accepting and supportive, i'm greatful to have a supportive husband as well, we gave this alot of thought before going through with it.

i should be almost 8weeks by dec. 28th. no i haven't gotta any blood work done, i just found out i'm pregnant today. i never got blood work done when i was pregnant with my son in the beginning. so idk what they will do. last time i was pregnant with my son was 9 yrs ago, i guess they changed things?

December 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Interesting, I haven't heard of that before!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 11th, 2012, 01:32 PM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not sure what happens at a first appointment either lol the OB I was going to go to said they would do a bloodtest and a u/s but I dont think I'm going with them anymore (not because of the bloodwork but because I'm going to try to be seen earlier somewhere else).
December 11th, 2012, 05:45 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mommy to nico - I didn't know you got a BFP! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mommy_to_nico likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search