What silly/stupid comments have you got about the # of kids you have?

Forum: August 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To August 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2012, 05:12 AM
JessKeller24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before I had my 3rd I always got, "aw you have the perfect family". Once at the auto store my convo with the the old man there went like this.

Him- you have 2 kids right?
Me- no I have 3.
Him- oh well are you done?
Me- I don't know
Him- well you should stop, you are well above the national average!

Last I knew the national average was something like 2.5 so how is .5 more well above? Lol.
BeachMum likes this.

December 12th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People suck. Plain and simple. Really, if more people would just mind their own **** business the world would be better off.
I have gotten "Don't do it! Hahaha" on a post about wanting to have another baby on Facebook. Like, last time I checked it's my life, not yours.

I've also gotten the whole, oh you have a boy and a girl so you don't need to have anymore, thing.
Can I tell them to shut the F up?
I sorta dare anyone to say something rude to me now haha

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM
mrskfet's Avatar Super Mommy
I dont have any kids yet but alot of people have been telling me to wait because I wouldnt want the type of life they have or I'm too young. One person even said we should wait because kids werent for him! LMAO! Not sure what his preferences had to do with us but I smiled and nodded anyways
December 12th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've hardly told anyone about this baby, but when discussing if we were ever going to have a third, everyone has been supportive.

Some people have been wary because of my last complicated pregnancy, but they are just concerned about me so I can't get too irritated.

The one annoying thing that we get in public all the time is, "oh, two boys, are you going to try for a girl?"

No, I'm going to try for a baby! I'm sure those gender comments will get worse when I start showing.

I'm not going to lie, I am leaning towards wanting a girl a little bit, just because I want the experience of a daughter, but it's only a little bit. My boys are great and fun and I'd love to have another too! It'd be cheaper that's for sure

Thanks so much *Kiliki* for my awesome summer siggie!
December 12th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
At first when i just had my first 2 people would say you got your boy and girl....so you're set. Then after i had my 3rd they said 3 is plenty enough. Argggg people need to mind their business
JessKeller24 and mrskfet like this.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

December 12th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Mrshall84's Avatar Regular
I don’t have any kids of my own but my family has also preached about waiting till I’m older. When I got with my hubby my family was so quick to judge and ask why I would want to be with someone who had kids and a baby momma. and why i would want to raise someone else’s kid. Especial because he is 28 and I'm 21. His daughter is 11 so I am not much older than her. But to me age is a number, it has nothing to do with the level of maturity and the ability to love and raise kids whether they are blood or not. I know people in their 30’s that are not ready to have kids. I feel I am ready! I cant wait to tell my family even though I know they will not be happy.
December 12th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Norwegian mom's Avatar Veteran
I just have one, so no silly comments really. Only I can think of is that he should get a sister or brother, and that's been our plan all along. I just haven't felt ready until now.
December 12th, 2012, 07:50 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hmmm, lets see....

"Don't you know what causes that yet?"
Yep, and its so much fun we just keep doin' it

"Aren't you done YET!"
Aren't you done TALKING yet?

"You are crazy, why would you want that many?"
So I never have to get up to get the remote

"Are they all yours?"
No, I kidnap random children and make them call me mom

People make stupid, rude, ignorant comments all the time.
#12 is on the way
December 12th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Dandelion's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMomma View Post
Hmmm, lets see....

"Don't you know what causes that yet?"
Yep, and its so much fun we just keep doin' it

"Aren't you done YET!"
Aren't you done TALKING yet?

"You are crazy, why would you want that many?"
So I never have to get up to get the remote

"Are they all yours?"
No, I kidnap random children and make them call me mom

People make stupid, rude, ignorant comments all the time.
Haha I like the last response!

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!
December 12th, 2012, 08:05 AM
BabyFever23's Avatar Proud mama & Wife
We were 18 with our first son. Then it was "omg your so young your gonna starve to death" With our second were 22. "Omg another one so soon? Why didnt you wait till the baby was older" (apparently a 4yr old is still a baby) with this one only my parents and bff know and I got from my mom "omg your crazy you just had a baby a yr ago, I hope this is the girl so you can be done" I dont even wanna hear other ppls comments once they know cuz im gonna go off.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 12th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Dirtroads's Avatar Facta Non Verba
We've been trying for so long that everyone has been really happy for us. The only comment I received that was not welcome was from a coworker that said "I hope you have a boy so you will be all done." I told her "Actually, I am hoping that my daughter will have a sister but either way each child is a blessing". Her face turned bright red and I actually felt kind of bad.

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 12th, 2012, 08:31 AM
KnitterLaurel's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sure I will get a whole round of "I hope this one is a boy, so you can be done" type comments. Sure a boy would be great, but we still won't be done. lol

December 12th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This techncially #4 for our family (DH has 2 that we have custody of, I have 1 that I have custody of, so this is our first together).

I've gotten comments PRIOR to pregnancy, after his VR--
a lot of, "3 is plenty, you don't need any together." (pisses me off more than anything I think)
"Do you think its fair to have one with your husband because then Chase (my son) will be the only one with a different last name" (which he already is...)
"Don't you want to wait until he's out of the military?" (he's about 8 years from retirement, and I'm NOT waiting that long!)

And now from people who know now basically tell me that we should stop at 4. >.< Seriously, we're very financially stable so what business is it of theirs? ugh.

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

December 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
The worst I've gotten is "are you gonna keep trying for a boy?" and "you sure have your hands full" Neither of which really bother me.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
I have 3 all a year apart.. I can't wait to see peoples faces when I have them & a giant twin belly.. BRING IT ON. Right now people don't comment to me much.. "Wow you have your hands full" is the harshest thing I've received, but I also don't come off very friendly to strangers eyeballing me and my children either

December 12th, 2012, 12:15 PM
♥womanintheshoe♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The rude comments stopped after #5, thank goodness. We just didn't engage with idiots and people got the point (mostly). Thankfully, we now live in a community where large families are not only not unusual but mostly supported and welcomed, so it is nice to not have to defend ourselves or bite our tongues.

Also missing 11 precious little ones here with us but for a moment.

VERY cautiously expecting after two losses early 2013. Hoping and praying my Valentine's Day due date baby sticks this time.
December 12th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Super Mommy
Unfortunately, we have the reverse problem. Living in Utah, everyone expects kids close together and 3-4 of them. After trying for 2 years, and many awkward conversations about "Are you planning to have more kids? When? Well, we conceived by...", we are expecting babe #2. I hope this pregnancy goes well!
December 12th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader View Post
Unfortunately, we have the reverse problem. Living in Utah, everyone expects kids close together and 3-4 of them. After trying for 2 years, and many awkward conversations about "Are you planning to have more kids? When? Well, we conceived by...", we are expecting babe #2. I hope this pregnancy goes well!

I know that feeling all too well. Congrats!!
Bookreader likes this.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

December 12th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Allie_SMg's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not having had kids yet, I also have had the opposite problem. We were trying for over a year with many difficulties before conceiving, and having MIL post on facebook about how we're "never going to give her grandchildren" wasn't fun. Really, never? We're 23 and 24! Even though she obviously didn't know we were even trying, and meant it to just be teasing, it still kinda struck a nerve at first.

December 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
Our first 2 kids are 19 months apart so I always got comments if they were planned this way from complete stangers! Wow she is pregnant again! You are going to have your hands full! Of course since we have a girl and a boy we should be done according to our family. We actually aren't telling family for a while because they won't be supportive of us having another baby. My son and the new baby will be almost 4 years apart! So this will be a whole new experience for me! We are also not finding out the gender because I really want to experience the surprise at birth and I am sure people are going to think we are nuts, ha ha! Shoot I breastfed my son for 3 years so I can do anything, he he!

I have just learned that you can't please everyone and some people are just too silly/stupid to say the things they say!

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search